San Diego Comic-Con / SDCC News

Multiple threads have been merged to create this thread

###This is the San Diego Comic-Con News thread.
Effective April 2, 2015

Only post article/news/notes about SDCC conventions OR about anime that doesn’t already have an existing thread.

Anything posted here that already has an existing thread will either be moved to that thread or deleted. NO EXCEPTIONS.

SDCC 2010
SDCC 2015
SDCC 2016

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

COMIC-CON San Diego. Will be held at the San Diego Convention Center on July 22 thru 25, 2010. Pre-view night is on Wednesday, July 21, 2010. COME & JOIN ME AT THIS YEAR’S HUGE EVENT! I myself will be there as my favorite character Detective “L” Lawliet of the ANIME “DeathNote”. See you at the CON!!! :slight_smile:

###2010 Comic-Con International: San Diego
July 22-25, 2010
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, CA

Gonna try to check this out. Anyone here ever been to it?

I went in 2007. It is amazing. You will get lost and having the schedule and map glued to you is a plus. There are a lot of opportunities and free-bees!! The preview night is a very good way to get familiar with what you would consider the hot spots.

@Jhun Bug - Post pictures of it later!!

Was going to go but sadly costing of travel and everything made it hard to make the trip. Even had a family friend who had helped us and was going to help us out there.

Still contemplating this. My Mom hasn’t stopped mentioning since finding out about it. She’s never been to a con…

I really want to go to this ,but sadly being on the West Coast makes it cost way to much. Especially since half of the reason I want to go is for the exclusives. Heck I could probably spend over $300.00 at just the Hasbro and Mattel booths. Also they are premiering the Toysrus exclusive NA Masterpiece Grimlock at the Entertainment Earth booth there. True I can find it at Toysrus later ,but love to be able to pick it up right there. I also wanted to get the Molar and Skeletor set from Mattel. It will be online but with how fast Mattel’s online store sells out of stuff I’ve not been able to get one of the new Masters of the Universe figures from them.

I could go and take pictures of the stuff for ya. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=fillet]
I could go and take pictures of the stuff for ya. :P[/quote]

Maybe you could buy stuff for him… :wink:

Keychain, oh yea! Looks like I may not be attending though, they seem to be booked…

###San Diego Comic-Con (July 9 - 12, 2015 @ San Diego, CA)
Panels Schedule
July 2015

[size=16]San Diego Comic Con to Stay In Place Through 2018[/size]
posted on 2015-07-03 11:30 EDT

[details=Press Release - Funimation @ SDCC]
FUNimation Entertainment Announces Exclusive Merchandise for 2015 San Diego Comic-Con
Exclusives Line-Up Features Popular “Dragon Ball Z,” “Attack on Titan,” “Cowboy Bebop,” and “Lost Girl” Brands

LOS ANGELES, July 3, 2015 – FUNimation® Entertainment announced today at Anime Expo details on its line-up of exclusive merchandise for the 2015 San Diego Comic-Con taking place July 9 – 12, 2015. A total of five (5) exclusive items will be available for purchase or as a gift with purchase at FUNimation’s booth (#4135). All items are in limited quantities and are only available to the public at San Diego Comic-Con while supplies last.

“San Diego Comic-Con is the top pop culture convention in the country and an important event for FUNimation every year,” said Mike DuBoise, COO of FUNimation Entertainment.

“We’re pleased to be offering our largest line-up of exclusives ever, including our Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ and Attack on Titan brands – both of which have major theatrical releases later this summer and fall.”

FUNimation Entertainment’s 2015 San Diego Comic-Con exclusives are as follows:

“Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’” Golden Frieza Funko Pop™ Vinyl Figure with Red Eyes:
• Only available at the FUNimation Booth (#4135)
• Sales price (incl. tax): $15
• Total available: 10,000 figures

“Attack on Titan” Blu-ray/DVD Combo, Colossal Funko Pop Vinyl and Collectibles Box Set
• Sales price (incl. tax): $150
• Total available: 500 boxes

“Cowboy Bebop” Complete Series Blu-ray with Special Art Wrap
• Sales price (incl. tax): $50
• Total available: 500 copies

“Lost Girl” 11"x17" Cabaret du Ciel Poster
• Free with purchase; Scheduled distribution announced on FUNimation Facebook and Twitter social channels
• Total available: 2,000 copies[/details]

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/07/08/summoning-the-dragon-at-san-diego-comic-con
[size=16]Summoning the Dragon at San Diego Comic-Con[/size]
Posted by Godswill on 07/08/2015 at 1:15pm

[size=16]A Photo Tour of the San Diego Comic Con 2015 Exhibit Hall[/size]
by Bamboo Dong, Jul 9th 2015

[size=16]SDCC: Dark Horse to Release Omnibus Edition of Blade of the Immortal Manga[/size]
posted on 2015-07-11 11:00 EDT

[size=16]SDCC: Kodansha Comics Adds Kousuke Fujishima’s Paradise Residence Manga[/size]
posted on 2015-07-11 14:43 EDT

https://twitter.com/debaoki/status/619942050574680064
.@KodanshaUSA at #SDCC2015 - attack on Titan v.17 will come with limited Ed. DVD w/ an anime episode “ilse’s notebk”

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/07/11-1/udon-entertainment-announcement-roundup-from-sdcc-2015
July 11, 2015 8:38pm CDT

Shonen Jump Podcast - Episode 112 (SDCC Video Special!)

[size=16]Press Release: Kodansha Launches New Series From Creator of Oh My Goddess![/size]
Jul 14th 2015

[size=16]Press Release: Yu-Gi-Oh! Creator Kazuki Takahashi Receives Comic-Con International: San Diego’s Prestigious Inkpot Award[/size]
Jul 14th 2015

FULL: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past at SDCC 2015