Animazement News & Comments

redshirt1 wrote:

[quote]Oh, things I purchased while there, Pocky (I have had it for the first time time, both chocolate and strawberry flavor), The irresponsible captain tyler series, the 11th doctors sonic screwdriver, and a 1/100th scale Gundam Astray Green Frame. It was my favorite colors and the anime pilot bears a resemblance to me.

Side note: I need to find where to get Pocky on a more regular business. I wonder if there is a Lemon flavor and a Pumpkin Flavor. (If not there should be, and I know how to market the pumpkin flavor one >.> )[/quote]

There’s a World Market at:

5900 Poyner Anchor Lane
Raleigh, NC 27616

I’ve always had good luck at those getting pocky.

redshirt1 wrote:

A lot of grocery stores will have some Pocky in their Asian food section. Heck even Wal-Mart stocks some.

Ha! I love the atmosphere at cons.

Great pictures! I’m going to have to go to a con one of these days. They look like fun.

Super Target has Pocky, too.

World Market had it. The wal mart and target here do not have it.

If anyone is in the area, it is May 27-29 this year. Preciousluck and I are already trying to figure out what to cosplay as.

So far, Precious wants to do Allegretto from RahXephon and have me as Ayato.

She wants two costumes, so I suggested me being Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors version) and she being Chou’un Shiryuu (from Ikki Tousen).

We’d better see some video! I haven’t been to a con in a while, kinda sucks.

I just got myself and preciousluck passes to the convention. I will be taking photos, more than last time too!

Here are a couple vids from last year… Not sure if you can spot me.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJiNL8heETU&feature=related[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-QLYFBlNF8&feature=related[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DLEkvkHVco&feature=related[/video]

So, if interested and in the Raleigh area, let me know hehe.

I will be taking pics tomorrow, though I don’t know how fast I will get them up.

Bring 'em, dude!

Okay, my hair is long because I am doing Ayato tomorrow and Zhao Yun on Saturday, but here you go.

I mainly took pictures of the insane line and some cosplay that caught my attention.

B) Good work buddy!

Those are some great pics, Redshirt!

But after today, you’ll probably have to point yourself out, since you won’t be wearing that recognizable S.T. uniform. :huh:

Hey guys. It has been a crazy and fun weekend. I have uploaded a ton of pics from Animazement. Though I did leave out some (Pedo Bear and such so email me if you want those), there is a great deal to see.

On Friday, I went as Ayato Komina and Preciousluck went as Elvy from Rahxephon. The rest of the time I was Redshirt1 and Preciousluck dressed for fun.

I went to several panels and had fun looking at the stores. I saw some characters from AnimeNetwork shows. See how many you can spot!

I also saw some famous voice actors, directors, and artists. I was in a panel with a few of them.

My brain is not fully functional right now, so I will just post the link

Pic at the end was an artists vision of me.

P.S. To the regret of my GF, I am getting a haircut tomorrow.

P.S.S. Preciousluck took several pictures, so I owe her thanks.

Love the cosplaying Tom Servo. I’m sure if you work on your social skills they will stop trying to kill you. I think I have seen the guy in #167 at RadCon the con in my area or at least he looks familiar.

Great pics Red! I’m with your GF - don’t cut your hair! :lol:

Seriously great pics Red and you look spot on but the guy in the Harvey Birdman costume made me LOL. I love that show. Looks like you had fun!!!

Indeed, those are some great pictures! :wink: I remember seeing almost all of them around there, but I see that I am not in any of your pictures, which I guess doesn’t surprise me. :stuck_out_tongue: (And I see you were there for Cossplay Chess :lol: )

I went this year, and I have to say it was the best three days I have ever had! I look forward to coming back next year, especally since I already pre-ordered my ticket with the $20 off. :slight_smile:

I had a great time at Animazement this last weekend. That is why I haven’t been on hehe. Will link some pics soon. Also, look up this years Cosplay Chess. If there is a video of it, you might see me! Also in the pics is one Iron K. Tager. Look for him/her whoever it might be!