AN Forums

Anime Network Online Community Help & Technical Support

Many thanks! We’re monitoring the reports of slow loading and working on further optimizations.

It was time for a little fresh lipstick and rouge. =P

Right now it is not too bad just a little slow side at the moment but I will find out tonite that useally where most of the cuprit do show up that time.

If that do actually happend I will posted in here.

Merci.

[quote=“spazzysam” post=163031]Many thanks! We’re monitoring the reports of slow loading and working on further optimizations.

It was time for a little fresh lipstick and rouge. =P[/quote]

I’ve had a little slow page loading as well.

The first thing I noticed logging in today was the new logo. Very nice! Love the colors too. :slight_smile:

LOL. Banned from “teh forumz” it seems I am.

At least I can still watch stuff. That’s the important part.

EDIT: First time I’ve been able to make a post w/o getting a “guests can’t make a post” error and it is this post. Murphy’s Law lol. When I go to the “shows” page it says that I’m a subscriber in the upper-right but on the forum pages it lists me as a guest.

Can you give us a more detailed description of the issue you are having with your account and/or the forums?

And my eyes are bleeding from the hot pink banner at the top where my name is and I cant read a thing there to see if it is showing my name, whether I am on as GUEST or REGISTERED, or if i have mail or anything. bright color background + white text = invisible and eye damage. :angry:

CONTRASTING colors for text. this is how it works. new age web design needs to go to a museum for looking at something pretty because a webpage MUST function and its "form follows function"™.

[quote]Powered by Kunena
Time to create page: 22.97 seconds [/quote]

amazon servers being hit with bandwidth throttling and such that have streaming video. TV providers no like online streaming of video products that cuts into TV provider profits. :wink:

[quote]Powered by Kunena
Time to create page: 22.97 seconds [/quote]

amazon servers being hit with bandwidth throttling and such that have streaming video. TV providers no like online streaming of video products that cuts into TV provider profits. :wink:

ok, it didnt take me back to the thread but claims it posted in the TOPIC HISTORY so someone broke the whole website causing the cookie problems, software erros, database erros, etc when they went messing with the colors.

this is what you get when you play with untested software like this roomba and kunena stuff and nobody ever learns to use it on a test server.

I’ve gotten hit with that “weekend curse” thing again! :stuck_out_tongue:

Tried to log in several times over the past few hours and received this message:

*"Unable to complete secure transaction

You tried to access the address https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_community/Itemid,79/view,frontpage/, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Secure connection: fatal error (10)

https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_community/Itemid,79/view,frontpage/

Transmission failure."*

I just kept trying till I finally got in. Maybe there is just too much weekend traffic? It seems that something always goes wrong with the site on the weekends.

let you know I have a very diffuclt time to get in the TAN and it did took me little over 15 minuites to get in here and some of the forum and coummuity sites have some repeations on the posting so it was pretty bad to navagtion around the TAN site. sometime it run fine then suddenly slow down really bad and some case it was timed out in 20 seconds and I have to refresh it to get it thru.

Merci.

I keep getting a “500 Internal Server Error”. It only took like 10 tries to get a posting window…

Thanks for the post. The issue has been reported.

Alright, now this is just odd.

So about 20 minutes ago, my subscription status reverted to Guest.
So I refreshed the page which usually fixes it… nadda. Still there.
Then logged out and logged back in, which usually resets the cookie… nadda. Still there.

So I check the Watch Anime Now which redirects to HTTP (something I noticed over the past couple days) and checked, and sure enough, I’m Premium on HTTP.
Just to be sure, I checked a Premium dub episode, and it works just fine.

It seems HTTPS is showing Guest registration and HTTP is showing Premium registration.

Hey Sam, I thought that I would add to the pile and say that I have gotten pretty much all the same error codes and messages along with the other posters the last couple of days. Today seems to have promise though. The site seems to be functioning well.

The only thing that I will add though is that there are times that I will try to load/refresh a page where it takes about 10-15 seconds to do so. Other than that, the loading times have been the normal 3-5 seconds. Thank you for keeping things running for us!
:slight_smile:

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=163116]Alright, now this is just odd.

So about 20 minutes ago, my subscription status reverted to Guest.
So I refreshed the page which usually fixes it… nadda. Still there.
Then logged out and logged back in, which usually resets the cookie… nadda. Still there.

So I check the Watch Anime Now which redirects to HTTP (something I noticed over the past couple days) and checked, and sure enough, I’m Premium on HTTP.
Just to be sure, I checked a Premium dub episode, and it works just fine.

It seems HTTPS is showing Guest registration and HTTP is showing Premium registration.[/quote]

And hmmm… I haven’t gotten this one yet though. All is well on this end since I am still showing as premium. That is very strange indeed, Coffee God.
:huh:

I got 500 et 502 error codes came up on me in few differnt spots allover the TAN site it did start at 00:25 CDT (12:25 AM CDT ) I am sure few members got hit the same error as I am reporting.

One of the member in this fourm texted to me to confirm on my side and I reply ouais ( yeah ) the same as what they got it on their end.

Will someone please take care of this matter ASAP

Merci.

Just as Frenchelectrican has said, we are getting Error Code 500’s galore! It currently is happening to me nearly every time I go to a new page or try to refresh an old one. It happened right in the middle of posting several things which made it nearly impossible.

Good thing that I always cut and paste my work into a Word document just in case, otherwise it would have been lost while trying to post it! Every time the error comes up you are met with a blank white screen after clicking to resend the info to the server. This page will not refresh and you are forced to get back in through another TAN tab that you may have open in the browser.

If you are not in the middle of posting and just want a page to load/refresh, you have to hit refresh 5-10 times to get it to do so. I also noticed before this happened, which I believe started around 10:00PM PST, the site has been on the bit of a slow end since I logged on earlier today. As I came back to the site several times, all day up to now it’s taken 15-20 seconds to load a page.
:angry::frowning:

Unable to post to forums for two days now.
After clicking on Submit, Google Chrome gets the mostly blank page (Itemid,183/func,post/), then goes to the main forum index instead of posting.

(Posting this from Firefox instead.)

-Joe

P.S. Resetting everything in Chrome (Menu -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Reset Browser Settings)
worked. Now to determine which extension is incompatible with TAN. (Strange that my problem showed up after others were seeing error 500.)

I thought that I would go ahead and share this little tweak that I found out the other day. It is possible to use your Anime Network profile to host images on the forums here without using a third party image hosting site such as Photobucket to do so. When you go into your ‘Photos’ tab within your profile and upload images there, you can link those out to the forums using the image code.

If you select an uploaded image that you want to share in the forums, click the ‘Download’ link to the upper right hand corner of the image’s preview page. From there it will take you to the original file and you can see the full-sized image in a new tab that opens. Copy the full link in the address bar. Go back to the forums post you are making and paste it into the image code brackets.

Once you do that, the original image file will display in your post. If you are not sure if it will display correctly just remember to preview your post before submitting it. This method is a quick fix to getting around using another site to host your images here in the Anime Network Forums. Here is an example of an image that I uploaded into my profile that I linked out here…

[quote]Summed Up Version:

[spoiler]1.) Upload an image to your profile.

2.) Go to the image’s preview page.

3.) Click the ‘Download’ link to gain access to the original file in a new browser tab.

4.) Copy the full link in the address bar.

5.) Paste the link inside the image code brackets within your forums post… .[/spoiler][/quote]
[color=#880000]Image Code Brackets:[/color]

[color=#880000]Original Image Link & Image Code Brackets:[/color]

[color=#880000]Linked Image Example:[/color]

You can also create your own working image thumbnail links too that work just the same as if you were to use another image hosting site’s generated codes. You will need to add an URL link to your image’s link code above to make it into a thumbnail.

[color=#880000]Image Code Brackets w/URL Link:[/color]

[color=#880000]Original Image Link & Image Code Brackets w/URL Link:[/color]

[color=#880000]Linked Thumbnail Image Example:[/color]
[URL=https://www.theanimenetwork.com/images/originalphotos/139631/6150/561ff4e4b07e54f2d2522bbc.png][/URL]

Doing this will allow the image to take you to the original file’s location when clicked on. Sizing the image down will also allow you to share more images in less of space while still maintaining the image’s true source size. Since the file size is low to begin with, loading times will not be a factor for these images either within your posts when converted to thumbnails.

Why I say this is because there are two drawbacks with using your TAN profile to host images here. The first is that you can only upload less than 3 megabyte sized files max. Though, all the common picture file formats are still supported. The second is that it will not allow you to upload images that have too large of dimensions.

All in all, it is a workaround solution to share images here within the Anime Network Forums without having to use Photobucket, ImageShack, Imgur, etc. It still would be nice since the building blocks are already here within the TAN site to incorporate a true small image linking system within profiles in the future. I will admit using multiple sites to do one thing is a bit of a hassle.
:slight_smile:

I hate to bother ya guys again ., I do not know if you are aware that the coummunty area it being running very erratic pattérn again.,

Sometime it will run normal speed and sometime it take up to 3 to 4 minuites to load up the page on coummuity side but seems the fourm is not too bad right now but have someone take a look at coummuity side to see what is going on. I think some sort of bottleneck traffic effecting it.

Merci.,
Marc

It’s the weekend curse again! It ran a little slow last night (Friday), but was fine later on. However, right now, it is really running slow, and while waiting for pages to load, I’ve gotten “504 Bad Gateway” and “502 Bad Gateway” messages. One of each so far. I also received two that said “timed out”.

Thank you!