AN Forums

Anime Network Online Community Help & Technical Support

yeah but for it to work, someone has to know how to run it and turn on and off all its bells and whistles.

KISS has been long lost and forgotten from programming standpoint.

I will like to add a heads up in here due for the last couple days it got irreguar loading time even with new computer I got funky reply times so have someone check it out even thru I ping timmed it came out good for cable and my cellside too but useally noticed during late afternoon time that where it get dropped out couple time.

Merci.
Marc

I just want to bring it up to date so far .,

A ) The fourm part is not too bad right now it run pretty good speed but still spotty slowdown one a while in random pattern.

B ) The coummuity fourm area it kinda still running irreguar so far like touch and go even I did change my landline servers and still do the same pattern as my cell line is pretty simuiar but little faster but not much differnce between the two right now.

C ) this is a new item just started yesterday I get photo uploaded error 7 which it is a new one to me and I try to reset everything as I know so far and I did talk to Lumis and he say it a first one he heard this so have someone take a look of this system to see what is going on.

Merci,
Marc

To further elaborate on what Marc has said, the picture that he was trying to upload was below the 3 MB upload limit. The size dimensions were also smaller than the hidden limit that I encountered when experimenting with the photo album system here. I’ve never seen that error code come up and it isn’t related to any HTTP error codes I know of. Thank you for any help you can give.
:slight_smile:

[quote]UPDATE: I just tried to upload a few things as well and had the same “Upload Error 7” come up. I tried both ways to upload a picture, both the old and new interface methods. It seems like this feature is down right now at least for Marc and myself.

Upload Error Code 7, New Method:

[spoiler]http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae268/Exile_360/Anime%20Network%20Related/Error%20Reporting%20Screenshots/TANUploadErrorCode7ScreenshotNewMethod.png

http://s978.photobucket.com/user/Exile_360/media/Anime%20Network%20Related/Error%20Reporting%20Screenshots/TANUploadErrorCode7ScreenshotNewMethod.png.html[/spoiler]

Upload Error Code 7, Old Method:

[spoiler]http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae268/Exile_360/Anime%20Network%20Related/Error%20Reporting%20Screenshots/TANUploadErrorCode7ScreenshotOldMethod.png

http://s978.photobucket.com/user/Exile_360/media/Anime%20Network%20Related/Error%20Reporting%20Screenshots/TANUploadErrorCode7ScreenshotOldMethod.png.html[/spoiler][/quote]

I just want to report that I gotten the slow load times on the main page. It’s been happening more often it seems.

Been getting 500 errors right now at random.

Should point, only noticed on the forums.

About 8:07PM EST, been getting some random page loads with a message about not being able to connect to MySQL.

Received this message several times this morning when I tried to connect to the TAN site -

“Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL”

I would say this happened between about 10-11:30am EST. I gave up after that, but I connected fine now.

About an half hour ago I had to log on through the broads log on screen because the main screen was not working. It would load properly, but the then one of the side advertisements would load over the log on button. I tried to get around it with every browser I have (ff, chrome, Opera, and IE), but it failed on each one of them.

Occasionally, someone will post a large picture and that will make those side images shift.

You can still log in by just clicking on the right side of the boxes as long as you don’t need to see what you’re doing. Otherwise, you’ll need to go to a different page.

Other then that, you’ll have to wait until the oversized picture moves down and out of the Community page.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I don’t think we are talking about the same thing, but thank you for the help and info.

Naw, it is about the same thing and Slowhand is right. No worries though since this is a little bug on the site that has been around for awhile. Since you most likely were trying to log in from the Community Page, and if you scroll down to look at the recent feed below, something that someone posted occasionally causes it. Extremely large pictures and spoilers can cause the bug to happen.

The way that I get around it is to make my browser window smaller (Restore). When I do that, the side banner advertisement moves out of the way depending on how small I make the open browser window. Then I will be able to see what was under it.
:slight_smile:

[quote=“Lumis” post=168588]
Naw, it is about the same thing and Slowhand is right. No worries though since this is a little bug on the site that has been around for awhile. Since you most likely were trying to log in from the Community Page, and if you scroll down to look at the recent feed below, something that someone posted occasionally causes it. Extremely large pictures and spoilers can cause the bug to happen. [/quote]

For the problem earlier, it was Series5Ranger’s spoilered gif he posted in the Chaika thread that did that.
But it came back, so I decided to investigate further.

Interestingly enough, I logged out for a bit and played around with this just to prove the point I made awhile back about posting oversized pics vs. spoilered pics of any size, because I know for a fact that the DVD/BD covers I post don’t do that.

I actually came across something interesting though…

It seems it’s not just spoiled pics that do this.

While I was refreshing the page to see just when the side ads corrected themselves, I narrowed it down to 2 posts (more than likely it was Snowy’s Video Game post though that had 2 text spoilers and 2 vids).

And here’s where it corrected itself 2 activity posts later.
(and by the by, my oversized DVD/BD cover posts are in-between these 2 last pics)

I definitely agree with the oversized picture vs. spoilered picture findings you have, Coffee. There has been only one occasion way back that I can say that an oversized picture caused the bug for me. On the other hand, spoilered pictures as you pointed out awhile back, are almost guaranteed to cause this anytime I or some other poster has used them.

Something I found out last night as well to add to the pile, I placed a quote of Wicca’s into a spoiler along with a response from me and posted it in the ‘One Word Leads to Another’ thread. This ended up causing the bug to happen as well. I’ve seen this quote within a spoiler cause it twice so far. I guess the moral of this TAN story is that “combo” spoilers are evil in most cases.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I checked up on https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,23/func,view/id,2880/limit,20/limitstart,1820/#168576 after I made that post and the text in spoilers had quotes, but nothing else, so that pretty much solidifies it to be another cause of the bug.

The pic in a spoiler bug seems to happen regardless of size.
As it happened to my smiley https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,7/func,view/id,69273/#74169 (I can’t seem to remember or find one of my more recent mistakes of it, though I know I’ve accidently forgot a couple times and posted).

Interestingly however, it didn’t happen when I put spoilered pics inside a spoiler, even with posting a smiley only in the first spoiler.
https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,4/func,view/id,158753/#159850

Yeah, that is odd that a double spoiler nullifies the issue. It seems like plain text and video players within spoilers are safe… for now. Aye! So many little TAN tweaks we have to remember!

What I have found very irritating recently about the bug is that after I make that mistake of posting the doomed spoiler combinations, I have been unable to hide the post in my profile feed… which thus carries over to the Community Page. As we already know, the only way to get around that is to post something else in the same thread. This ends up overwriting the affected post within the active feed.
:huh:

[quote][size=6]500 Internal Server Error[/size]

[size=4]Fatal Error was detected![/size]

Please contact the site owner.[/quote]

[quote][size=6]500 Internal Server Error[/size]

[size=4]Fatal Error was detected![/size]

Please contact the site owner.[/quote]

I can confirm with Shadzar on this. The forums have been doing this since 12:30PM PST when I first signed on and continue to do so. As far as before that, I do not know. It takes multiple refresh attempts to get pages to load. Sigh… always the holidays eh?
:pinch:

I received a 502 Bad Gateway error about 10pm tonight when I tried to answer a PM. Now, I’ve been getting this message several times since when trying to post in the forum - “Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL”.

At the time of 7:00PM PST the community side of TAN is experiencing a major slowdown. Profile access, the private message box, the community page, and the groups are all affected. Here’s the error code at present… 504 Gateway Time-out.
:frowning:

[quote]UPDATE: The problem seems to either have corrected itself or someone on your end caught it at… 7:45PM PST. The lag issues and errors went away for awhile. However, as of 12:00AM PST it is taking quite some time to get the community side to refresh.
:)[/quote]