Anime Network Online Community Help & Technical Support

I just want to bring it up to the date what is going on so far .,

Issue # 1 ., slow loading on commuity pages and PM ( privite message ) area reguarly from 02:00 to little after 03:30 CDT for last few days and some case hit error codes., useally either notSQL or 501 and once 502 error

Issue #2 on saturday nite from 20:00 ( 8pm ) to after 22:00 it ran really bad for a while sorta like it reverted back to old system with alot of hungs up and I did check 2 differnt system and both show the same results.,

Recentally tonite it was doing the samething again it ran irrgeuar and have issue get into some commuity area.

I am not the only one I have issue with it and Lumis did ran into simuair patter so he can fill in couple details as need to be.

Merci,
Marc

It’s the nagging Marc and Lumis again… LOL! :stuck_out_tongue: The last few days have fallen into the same pattern as outlined in past message. However, today has been without too many issues. There was a time within the community that a large amount of users signed on causing the site to give a 502 Error in both the community and forums. It took about 10 minutes to clear up.

The usual 12:00PM PST slowdown that has happened the last few days did not happen tonight however. There have been little hang-ups here and there taking a refresh or two so that the page will load. Let me know if you need any more info… thanx!
:slight_smile:

Hello,

If anyone else has recently experienced the slowdowns and error messages that Lumis and TheFrenchElectrian have reported, please let us know.

Thank you,

-Mo-

I’ve also been experiencing the same errors.

I have experienced similar slowdowns, but not many errors to my recalling lately. I am actually here for a different thing, which is most certainly not as important, but I feel should be brought up. ^_^;

A mass-message chain has started up again and I am getting constant notifications from it. I was wondering if either the “Delete Message” or “Remove this conversation” options were meant to remove me from the list of participants, but neither seem to do so. Is the ability to remove myself from a mass-message still in the works, or are one of these functions not operating properly? :unsure:
If it is of any help, the deleting and removal functions only remove replies after the 26[sup]th[/sup] of September, 2012 (at least as far as this chain goes).

And another, super-small thing is my inability to post statuses on my profile. Just an update. :slight_smile:

Sadly, that only removes the messages you have already received, and if the sender(s) choose to reply again… you will still receive those new replies tied to the PM conversation. The only way that you can remedy it is to block the sender(s) sadly… temporarily. I also turned off the notification option every time I receive a PM since it has a separate message icon already.
:frowning:

Just curious, what browser do you use? I have that problem with Firefox. You are referring to the ‘Share what is on your mind…’ status box right? I have to go over and use Internet Explorer to get it to actually stick. I have been meaning to mention this.
:huh:

[quote=“Iron K. Tager” post=171550]I have experienced similar slowdowns, but not many errors to my recalling lately. I am actually here for a different thing, which is most certainly not as important, but I feel should be brought up. ^_^;

A mass-message chain has started up again and I am getting constant notifications from it. I was wondering if either the “Delete Message” or “Remove this conversation” options were meant to remove me from the list of participants, but neither seem to do so. Is the ability to remove myself from a mass-message still in the works, or are one of these functions not operating properly? :unsure:
If it is of any help, the deleting and removal functions only remove replies after the 26[sup]th[/sup] of September, 2012 (at least as far as this chain goes).

And another, super-small thing is my inability to post statuses on my profile. Just an update. :slight_smile:

As far as the mass message thing goes, the only thing you can do is to ask the others to take you off the senders list.

Really, I don’t know why people insist on sending mass mailings like this. Sending a PM to more than two or three people is complete and utter nonsense.

If asking others to remove you doesn’t work, send me a list of the people that continue to ignore you and I will send them a warning. They can then start their own messages between themselves or can risk a short ban.

Thank you, Slowhand. :slight_smile: If it continues in the fashion it has been going, I will be sure to take more proactive approach.

[quote=“Lumis” post=171555]Just curious, what browser do you use? I have that problem with Firefox. You are referring to the ‘Share what is on your mind…’ status box right? I have to go over and use Internet Explorer to get it to actually stick. I have been meaning to mention this.
:huh:[/quote]

Now that you mention it, I think you might be right, since the problem first arose around the time I switched over to Firefox. :huh: I would try to make it work on Internet Explorer for confirmation, but I was smothered in pop-ups and whatnot when trying to access it (for whatever reason :S ). It is not a big deal in the first place. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep-yep… salutes. I don’t really get it much either. You could try Chrome too just to switch it out there. That could be an alternative. Otherwise, it isn’t too bad forever being spring for you on your profile.
:laugh::stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]500 Internal Server Error
Fatal Error was detected![/quote]

:pinch:

[quote=“shadzar” post=172404]

:pinch:[/quote]

Same here. I had to press F5 (page refresh) 4 times to get past that error page to complete the navigation from clicking “reply” to getting to this box where I can actually type my reply. I wonder how many times I’ll have to refresh in order to get from the submit button back to the thread? :laugh:

I got bunch of 500 errors and once 118 error codes and have to hit F5 function button pretty often to get it thru of it.

[quote=“shadzar” post=172404]

:pinch:[/quote]

When reporting this type of error, please also report what you were doing at the time and what part of site you were in.

Community/Forums
Going from page to page/editing a post/replying

Hey Folks,

Also to add to what Slowhand suggests, it is extremely helpful to include the time of day you are experiencing the slowdowns and 500 errors.

I ask for a time of day because we regularly do updates in the middle of the night that could interrupt posting and page loading for up to 45 minutes. This may explain the outages and slowdowns you are experiencing.

Thank you for your patience,

-Mo-

<OMG, that sig is so big… I had no idea>

all of them. links bookmarked to the forums, specific threads, etc. it was site wide

9 hours, 39 minutes ago

can it no longer hover over the posting time and get the time of the post in “Time - Date” format?

[quote=“shadzar” post=172423]

all of them. links bookmarked to the forums, specific threads, etc. it was site wide

9 hours, 39 minutes ago

can it no longer hover over the posting time and get the time of the post in “Time - Date” format?[/quote]

Yes, it can, just not when you’re in the middle of posting. :whistle:

[quote=“Slowhand” post=172409]

:pinch:

When reporting this type of error, please also report what you were doing at the time and what part of site you were in.

Community/Forums
Going from page to page/editing a post/replying[/quote]

It happend in commuity area when I try to reply or refresh the page it will hit 500 error which I have to hit F5 pretty often ditto in PM ( privite message area ) it got really bad that some of the members left for the night so I know Lumis was there so he know what is going on so I do not know if he will log back on today if so he can let you know too.

It was worst on the AOL side but I switched over thru the IE part it little better but still have to hit F5 pretty often. it the same way when I use the cell phone too it have simuair reaction as IE is.

Merci.,
Marc

Strange, it works for me. I can see the “Date - Time” when I hover over your post (do,quote/func,post/id,172428/) below the typing area. :huh: “11 Jul 20…”

I am guessing it is showing my timezone that i set in the user control panel,m so always thought that would be best for anyone needing to know a time was to pull the forums time from the server itself if you are reporting it AS the problem is happening. Otherwise I put a time frame that can be tracked back from the posts time like “past few hours”.

This is why that “X hours ago” crap is useless on EVERY forum because you have to math out the actual time or find where it is hidden at since a forum MUST use the time itself to order posts. maybe the mouseover should be switched with the display so that the actual time and date is displayed and the mouseover shows the “X hours ago” so it is easier to read in future cases like this where a posts timestamp would be helpful?

Better yet, everyone should just stop trying to copy the crappy ideas Facebook had and do not even use garbage like “X hours ago” since people can look at a clock and tell what time relationship the post has to the current time if they really care that much about that sort of thing. :whistle:

[quote=“moisme” post=172417]Hey Folks,

Also to add to what Slowhand suggests, it is extremely helpful to include the time of day you are experiencing the slowdowns and 500 errors.

I ask for a time of day because we regularly do updates in the middle of the night that could interrupt posting and page loading for up to 45 minutes. This may explain the outages and slowdowns you are experiencing.

Thank you for your patience,

-Mo-[/quote]

It did ran pretty much all night last nite I think it started right after 23:00 CDT and went thru all night as it gradually got bad all nite not only commuity area it affect plus the PM and Forums as well it kinda pretty widespread with alot of 500 error plus I hit 118 error just once.

Right now it kinda like touch and go.

Merci,Marc