Anime Network Online Community Help & Technical Support

[quote=“Lumis” post=174182]As an update to all things at hand with TAN, the site locked up completely and gave me all the 500 errors like usual that I have mentioned before. This happened around 7:00PM PST and lasted quite some time… at least a couple hours before I gave up.

When there is not a problem though, the site is speedy and loads pages within 3 seconds. However when these slowdowns happen lately, they are not a mild thing. The entire site usually ceases to function after that.

The last thing on the list, if only the list weren’t true, is that the Community feed is still missing. Many other members that I know, and can give examples to, do not have a profile feed either. It’s also strange since if they receive a wall message, they get the notification but cannot see the message unless they go to the sender’s profile.

I’m at a loss with this one and can hope it will be fixed soon. Please understand that I am aware that you guys are trying to resolve the issues. This is just to round out everything currently that we are experiencing. Thank you for any help granted.
:huh::([/quote]

I will echo Lumis’s comment and I have simauir pattern as he have but have long wating time to log in even thru I allready logged in but get hunged up and get 500’s error 5 time before it clear up a little.

That is true the commuity list is still missing but I know you guys have really handfull to fix the major mess and I know your poritity is get the site running again and fix the all the little issues along the site

Also I will add this on the list ., not all the members do have wall posting working at all and some were missing any info on it.

Merci,
Marc

Around this time, I noticed that some of the VoD pages appear blank. Only noticed because I’m too lazy to change my bookmark on this site.

I think I saw some 500 errors on the forums, but couldn’t tell you much more as I have a GreaseMonkey Script on this computer to refresh the pages after a few seconds, and it was only chance I saw the tabs with that title.

Are you talking about the Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network? I checked them all when August started, and the only one that came up blank was Mediacom, as we discussed before. Are you seeing something different?

Yea, but when I say blank, I mean (to quote a co worker) a picture of a white cat eating ice cream in a snow storm. As I have the AT&T bookmarked, I had to manually type in the domain just to get a link to the forums. One the of the other error pages would of been better to look at in that case.

Didn’t notice it just now.

I have seen it a few times also. You would expect one of the 500 errors or a 404 error, but the page comes through with nothing. Literally if you create an HTML file on your computer and never put anything in it then load the page with a browser that is what you get, a blank white page empty of content. It means there is an error that isn’t reporting to the client side, and will have to be found in the server error logs what error it was so you can assign some kind of notification to appear on the client side so people will know what error happened to be able to report it.

Before people got fancy putting things like “Sad Elsie” and other weird things, lot of places just used a blank page for a 404 error.

Hey Miquel,

Thank you for reporting in with the issue you are experiencing. As Slowhand said, we are only seeing that the Mediacom one is missing. Can you confirm if you are still receiving a blank page on the VOD pages?
If so, can you confirm what pages they are?
To better see what you are experiencing, can you send us a screen shot of what you are seeing, and let us know what page it is happening on.
Have you cleared your cache, cookies, and browsing history yet?

Thank you for your help,
-Mo-

It hasn’t happened since I made the post.

And to mimic what I saw that night, just type about:blank in your browser location bar.

I was experiencing some major, to the point of leaving, lag issues sitewide with TAN. Let’s just say that my forehead is killing me from banging it on my desk. I am receiving the “500 error tossed salad” also as I have grown to call it.

All this started as of 2:00PM PST. As a further note that I will include if it helps, there were a rounded total of 150 members & 14,500 guests on. It didn’t clear up a bit until now at the time of posting this. Now I can take a deep breath from nerd-raging.
:angry::frowning:

6:45pm (ET) -
Experienced a major slowdown when I clicked on a show thread in “Anime Network Shows”.

Received error message –

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.4.3

Received two more of the same error message when I tried to get back to the main forum page.

Gave up and left. Cleaned everything out (cache, etc.). Tried to log back in and received another of the same message.

Finally got back in (slowly, but without an error message) and everything seems fine now. It’s 7:30pm (ET).

Thanks!

https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,5/func,view/id,292/, either needs to be moved or duplicated to https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,26/func,showcat/ under the new structure.

And maybe a little decency towards users would be nice to WARN people of some random forum restructure in the future. :angry:

[quote=“shadzar” post=174955]https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,5/func,view/id,292/, either needs to be moved or duplicated to https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,26/func,showcat/ under the new structure.

And maybe a little decency towards users would be nice to WARN people of some random forum restructure in the future. :angry:[/quote]

We’ll get to it, shadzar.

Hope it is moved so you don’t have to post the same thing in 6 threads and only the 4 when you get those responses in the future. That thread is easier to find things than the reports thread we all post in.

[quote=“shadzar” post=174958]

Hope it is moved so you don’t have to post the same thing in 6 threads and only the 4 when you get those responses in the future. That thread is easier to find things than the reports thread we all post in.[/quote]

It will be moved, I will see to it myself.

I noticed some post counts took a hit including mine. What happened?

Assuming threads or whole forums were deleted in order to clean some space in the database tables of this restructure, any posts in those threads or forums would have been deleted, therefore no longer exist to contribute to post count.

It is also possible someone finally figured out how to prevent count padding by having some forums not count towards post count.

But I never really understood the concept of post count as it has been flawed since the first forum was ever made.

[quote=“shadzar” post=174991]

Assuming threads or whole forums were deleted in order to clean some space in the database tables of this restructure, any posts in those threads or forums would have been deleted, therefore no longer exist to contribute to post count.

It is also possible someone finally figured out how to prevent count padding by having some forums not count towards post count.

But I never really understood the concept of post count as it has been flawed since the first forum was ever made.[/quote]

No threads or forums were deleted. Not really sure what happened, but post count is only a number, does it really matter?

Nope I’m cool with it. Something just looked off and wondered if there was a reason behind it. That’s all. Thanks Slow.

@shadzar: You sure could’ve been onto something there.

Minor problem that has been reported before: Bogus URL appears in bottom-left corner during playback.

Since I have experienced this with both TAN’s JW Player and CNN’s Flash Player, my guess is that it is something in the Pepper plugin, and not something wrong on the web server.

Cropped corner of a fullscreen snapshot:

Full online-player snapshot:

Note the “Night Raid 1931” icon along the right-hand side.
The URL in the bottom left corner is far away from the embedded player.

-Joe

Translator’s note: Awkward looking and incomplete.

The “{” is missing, which makes this subtitle look weird in Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee episode 10.

-Joe

CSS is failing to load on many pages so formatting doesn’t exist unless you refresh a few times. Must be a bad server or busy one at amazon.