AN Forums

Anime Network Online Player Reports/Problems/Updates Thread

I’m currently experiencing the “audio plays at normal speed while the video becomes a slideshow” issue with episode 2 of Problem Children (dubbed) in HD.

• What Operating System are you using? Which version is it? (Windows Vista, Mac 10.4, etc)

• What Browser are you using? Which version is it? (Chrome, Internet Explorer 7, FireFox 3.6, etc)

Hey Celestial,

We will need to know what Slowhand said as well as the following:

-Are you still experiencing this?
-At what point are you experiencing the laggy playback?
-Can you give an example of what it is you are seeing, i.e. is the playback just choppy, are the characters not moving but secondary features in the scene are moving?

This will help us replicate what you are experiencing.

Thanks,
-Mo-

[quote=“moisme” post=170133]

-Are you still experiencing this?
-At what point are you experiencing the laggy playback?
-Can you give an example of what it is you are seeing, i.e. is the playback just choppy, are the characters not moving but secondary features in the scene are moving?

This will help us replicate what you are experiencing.

Thanks,
-Mo-[/quote]

From my experience, the OS + Browser + Flash etc is not significant; the problem cannot be reproduced at will.

Win 7, Chrome. “Wizard Barristers” ep 01, HD Off.
Pinwheel pops up at 1:15 and 1:26, then video changes from 30 fps to 1 frame every 4 seconds.
Audio continues as normal, the video jumps from freeze-frame to freeze-frame. No secondary movement.

Backed up the video 5 seconds, then it played to the end with problems.
Appears to be a problem of transient bandwidth starvation. Speedtest.net showed 25 Mbps at the time.

-Joe

I seem to be having a minor problem when I enter full screen mode.

When I switch over to full screen I get a gray bar with black letters with the pages email address in the lower left hand corner, like you will see when the page is still loading in google chrome. But the page is finished loading and it only shows up in full screen mode

I tried using fire fox and I don’t have a problem.

I had watched shows last week on chrome without this issue occurring. It’s possible i may have accidentally changed some setting but i can’t think of what though.

I thank you for any help you can provide

Hello,

Can you give us an idea of what show and episode you tried to watch using Google chrome?
Also, can you confirm what flash plugin version you have.

Thanks,

-Mo-

I have had the issue with everything I have tried to play so far: a couple episodes of Hakuoki and an episode of Problem Children as that was the show i had been watching last week without this problem and i wanted to see if maybe it was a problem with Hakuoki but the problem was there as well.

according to the flashplayer site i have version 14.0.0.125

Thanks 8griever8,

What season of Hakuoki is the issue you are experiencing occurring in? I ask because it helps narrow down my search since there are 3 seasons and some OVA’s available for Hakuoki.

Can you confirm if you are using a PC or a Mac?
Also, could you please send us a screen shot of what you are experiencing.

Thanks,

-Mo-

I first noticed it when starting the first episode of the first season but this appears to be a universal problem as i just tried the first episodes of all the other seasons and got the same problem, as well as i just went and tried the first episodes of several other shows i had watched before without this problem and the box is still showing up. I tested out turning on the HD and tried it with sub instead of dub but the problem still persists

I hope this helps

I edited my last post right when you sent the reply, sorry about that.
Can you confirm the following:

Are using a PC or a Mac?
Also, could you please send us a screen shot of what you are experiencing.

Thanks,

-Mo-

http://imageshack.com/a/img822/2189/zt80.png

PC

Thanks

Hmmm…

Check that you do not have any plug-ins that could be conflicting with the video playing.
Clear your cache and browser history.
If the above doesn’t work, try re-setting your browser settings.

For a how to, see below:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

Thank you,
-Mo-

I have only been posting these to VOD thread, but since it is duplicated in both VOD and ANO…

[quote=“shadzar” post=170318]Wizard Barristers #4 subtitle error. (VOD & ANO)

figured out that by clicking the time remaining on Hulu it switches it to current time so can now thumbnail an exact time when the error occurs. @4:26

“That it explains it” has an extra “it” before “explains”.[/quote]

i am sure Slowhand reports these errors in the VOD reports, but figured i could help and post them here when the error occurs in both places. :silly:

[quote=“moisme” post=170315]Hmmm…

Check that you do not have any plug-ins that could be conflicting with the video playing.
Clear your cache and browser history.
If the above doesn’t work, try re-setting your browser settings.

For a how to, see below:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

Thank you,
-Mo-[/quote]

Im sorry man

It’s still happening

Thanks for the help so far though

Good Afternoon,

Im not sure if it helps but I have discovered a new minor factor in my problem. The episode site displayed in the problem box that’s showing up is not the one currently playing but always that of the 5th episode of the series.

After noticing that i tried playing a movie and that ran fine with no box.

If there is something with only four videos in it then i would like to test that to see if the problem occurs there though i doubt it would

I hope this is of some assistance,

Thank you for your time

sorry to pile it on…

But on a separate matter there is an audio sync issue with episode six of the Hakuouki OVA dub. It is not apparent at first though i think it starts to go out of whack at about five min in or so and it gets much worse and is very noticeable by about half way into the episode

thanks for the help

I’m trying to watch a series and I got to episode 2 and now it won’t let me watch any of the other episodes. Why won’t it let me watch anymore?

Are you able to watch episode 2 aswell? Which series is it? If you are not a subscriber, most of the shows on this site will only allow you to watch the first 2 episodes.

It will also be helpful if you post in this thread:

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,39967/

Yeah i can watch the second episode. And it’s ghost hound. But it says the my subscription is registered. I don’t really know what that means. I’m new so yeah.

I see. That’s exactly what’s going on. Since you’re only a registered member, episodes 3 and up will require a ‘Premium’ membership in order for you to view them. If you wish to upgrade to Premium, here’s where to go:

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Subscriptions/Manage