Anime Network Online Player Reports/Problems/Updates Thread

Pop-Out Video Player should be working again! Pretty URLs were messing it up.

Hmmmā€¦ maybe you should try some uglier URLs in the future.

Lynchmob wrote:

[quote]# Show Title : All

If you are watching in SD or HD

SD or HD does not matter

Browser & Version

Firefox 3.5.8

Flash Player Version

Latest version 10.5

Type of Internet Connection (Cable, DSL, WiFiā€¦)

Fios 20/15
Operating system: Win 7 64x
Every video tells me that i am denied access due to my region (US).[/quote]

Are you able to access video now?

Check the address bar to see if it reads ā€œ.comā€ and not ā€œ.co.ukā€

• If it says ā€œ.co.ukā€ check to see if all of the any other pages of the site have that & post it. Then, try changing the address to ā€œ.comā€

Let me know how things are going for you today!

spazzysam wrote:

[quote]Lynchmob wrote:

[quote]# Show Title : All

If you are watching in SD or HD

SD or HD does not matter

Browser & Version

Firefox 3.5.8

Flash Player Version

Latest version 10.5

Type of Internet Connection (Cable, DSL, WiFiā€¦)

Fios 20/15
Operating system: Win 7 64x
Every video tells me that i am denied access due to my region (US).[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, I think I know what the error is. Stand by, Iā€™ve sent this up to IT to check something. Should have you up and running soon!

EDIT: You should be up and running now!

Yep ā€¦ working now ā€¦ thanks. :cheer:

Hey gang, Iā€™m going on a mini-vacation this weekend and wonā€™t be back in the office until Tuesday. If you do encounter a problem with the OP, please post it here. I wonā€™t be checking the forums regularly, but the mods will contact me if there is a serious problem.

Have a great weekend everybody!!!

any show try to watch like alice academy ep. 2
special a ep. 10
pet shop of horror ep 2

flash player 10

windows vista

using a netgear wireless router connected to a broadband cox modem

worked at 7 pm but nothing is playing now

Same problem with Alice Academy ep 2. - ep 1 is fineā€¦ itā€™s almost like the episode isnā€™t there. Sending them a report about it.

show- Ghost Hound ep. 20 Shaman-s-district

flash- 10.0.r45.2

Neither SD nor Hd will play

Would not play yesterday either

Firefox 3.6

cable internet-just tested it while posting this at www.speedtest.net and got 187.64 m/bps down and 2.14 mbps up for results.

ā€œJWPLAYERā€ comes up in bottom left of screen then disappears, nothing happens for about ten seconds, and then it is like the video stops because instead of the ā€œpause buttonā€ being in the bottom left as it is when a video is playing, the play arrow appears again like it was before you hit play.

*edit- I tried it using pop out and it works that way.
** edit 2- the pop out version made it half way through and then stopped and will no longer work.

Everything should be streaming just fine now.
Looks like weā€™re going to be out growing our servers, soon. (like a little kid outgrowing shoes, not a person busting out of their jeans) ā€˜The Poffā€™ (as heā€™s known this week) should be brining a new one online soon.

Dragoon, is TAN still offering Cable SVOD subscribers 50% off for the online player? If so can I sign up for it. I just got the extra cash available to get an online player subscription and was just wandering.

Iā€™ll ask, but I donā€™t think so.

Double checked with Anime Network - unfortunately, the deal expired a while ago last year.

Iā€™m having trouble streaming video from this site. I didnā€™t have as much trouble a week ago. The stream chops up at times and sometimes only stream sound. I find SD streams better than HD, but other sites Iā€™ve used in the past have no issue streaming and often stream more data.

Iā€™m also finding I need to turn my volume up twice as loud as it should be to hear the sound coming from the player.

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties.
When reporting a problem we need some specific information:

• Show Title/Episode Number or if it happens with all of them.
  • If you are watching in SD or HD
  • Browser & Version
  • Flash Player Version
  • Type of Internet Connection (Cable, DSL, WiFiā€¦)
  • Connection Speed
  • Detailed description of the problem you are experiencing

The more specific and detailed your report is, the better we can troubleshoot your issue.
If you are having trouble with smooth streaming, we highly encourage you to run several connection speed tests & post the results here. Try http://www.speedtest.net/ or a similar service.

Let me know some more details or if it has cleared up and Iā€™ll be able to help you out.

I donā€™t think specifics are necessary for most of it. But okay. I believe the general description of my problem should have been enough.

Well, so far - ā€˜This Ugly Yet Beautiful Worldā€™ and ā€˜The Place Promised in Our Early Daysā€™. All episodes are affected. Also - I think the issue applies to all the other shows on Anime Network.

Iā€™ve tried both SD and HD. Different problems occur with each format.

• Browser & Version
    Firefox 3.6

• Flash Player Version
    The most up to date one out, on 22/03/2010.

Cable via WiFi

• Connection Speed
    15mbps

In both HD & SD, the streams will halt altogether after 11-15 minutes.
    In HD; The sound is 50% silenter than it should be. It starts chopping the video feed 2-5 minutes after it starts playing, but the sound feed continues.
    In SD; The sound is 100% silenter than it should be. It starts chopping the video feed 11-15 minutes after it starts playing, but the sound feed continues.

I donā€™t think my personal PC/web setup is a problem at all. I will show you what I think is the problem, since I do NOT experience problems on other sites that feed video.
Possible sources of issue:
a) The anime network servers arenā€™t supplying the feed fast enough.
b) The host player (not the client player) itself isnā€™t designed to manage intense streaming video.

Gogora wrote:

[quote]I donā€™t think specifics are necessary for most of it. But okay. I believe the general description of my problem should have been enough.

Well, so far - ā€˜This Ugly Yet Beautiful Worldā€™ and ā€˜The Place Promised in Our Early Daysā€™. All episodes are affected. Also - I think the issue applies to all the other shows on Anime Network.

Iā€™ve tried both SD and HD. Different problems occur with each format.

• Browser & Version
    Firefox 3.6

• Flash Player Version
    The most up to date one out, on 22/03/2010.

Cable via WiFi

• Connection Speed
    15mbps

In both HD & SD, the streams will halt altogether after 11-15 minutes.
    In HD; The sound is 50% silenter than it should be. It starts chopping the video feed 2-5 minutes after it starts playing, but the sound feed continues.
    In SD; The sound is 100% silenter than it should be. It starts chopping the video feed 11-15 minutes after it starts playing, but the sound feed continues.

I donā€™t think my personal PC/web setup is a problem at all. I will show you what I think is the problem, since I do NOT experience problems on other sites that feed video.
Possible sources of issue:
a) The anime network servers arenā€™t supplying the feed fast enough.
b) The host player (not the client player) itself isnā€™t designed to manage intense streaming video.[/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to give us the specifics. It might not seem important in one individual complaint but collecting data across multiple reports has helped us in the past connect seemingly unrelated problems which helped us find the root cause of the problems.

I was able to recreate the streaming problems you reported and have fixed them. Please try watching again.

A volume-too-soft complaint requires more review on our side. Weā€™ll pull the files from the shows you mentioned and test the levels against the masters to determine whether they were encoded correctly.

Thank you for the report,

ā€“akpoff

Clannad (entire series)
both SD and HD
Google Chrome: 4.1.249.1042
Flash 10.0.32.18
Wi-Fi
Up to 5meg connection

Clannad simply wont play, apparently its blocked in my region (UK) But its one of the main reasons I signed up to a premium sub :confused:

rebecca gunn wrote:

[quote]Clannad (entire series)
both SD and HD
Flash 10.0.32.18
Wi-Fi
Up to 5meg connection

Clannad simply wont play, apparently its blocked in my region (UK) But its one of the main reasons I signed up to a premium sub :/[/quote]

Clannad is currently only licensed for streaming in the US and Canada. Unfortunately, Anime Network only has UK rights for certain titles it carries, primarily older ADV and Enoki Films titles.

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]rebecca gunn wrote:

[quote]Clannad (entire series)
both SD and HD
Flash 10.0.32.18
Wi-Fi
Up to 5meg connection

Clannad simply wont play, apparently its blocked in my region (UK) But its one of the main reasons I signed up to a premium sub :/[/quote]

Clannad is currently only licensed for streaming in the US and Canada. Unfortunately, Anime Network only has UK rights for certain titles it carries, primarily older ADV and Enoki Films titles.[/quote]

Ahhh

A thought then, is it just IP blocked? I mean if I went to America and logged in from there would the region block be lifted?