Anime Network Online Player Reports/Problems/Updates Thread

[size=15]Have a question or problem regarding Anime Network’s Online Streaming Service?[/size]
You’ve come to the right place!
Please take a moment to review the helpful information below.
Don’t see what you need? Post your question here and a moderator or fellow community member will assist you!

For Technical Issues involving the Online Player:

1. Copy the report below and fill in the information.
  2. Post your report in this thread* or email it to info@theanimenetwork.com Please put “Technical Issue Report” in the email subject.
  3. Check back often or subscribe to this thread so that you can see what the Admins or your fellow users say.
  4. Feedback!!! After your issue is troubleshooted or if something changes (for good or for bad), let us know!

[quote]Online Player Technical Issue Report
We need to know some specific information in order to troubleshoot your issue:

• Give us a short summary of the problem you are experiencing with the Online Player. Quantifiable details are much more helpful than qualitative notes. (ex.: “X Page took 9 seconds to load” vs. “The page took a long time to load”)

• Is this a new issue that you are experiencing or has it been going on for a while? Is is happening consistently, more frequently than not, or infrequently?

Basic details we need:

• What Operating System are you using? Which version is it? (Windows Vista, Mac 10.4, etc)
  • What Browser are you using? Which version is it? (Chrome, Internet Explorer 7, FireFox 3.6, etc)
  • Is it happening in just one Browser or in multiple browsers? Please specify which browsers are being affected.

Tell us about your internet connection:

• What type of connection are you using? (Cable, DSL, WiFI, ect)
  • Run a speed test and post the download speed results - we recommend http://www.speedtest.net/
  • Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?

If you are having trouble with long loading time or choppy video playback, we need to know:

• Important: Are you using the Native JW Player, Embedded Hulu Player or mobile browser player?
  • Affected Show Title(s) - is it happening to a particular show, certain shows or everything that you have tried to watch? Please give us at least 1 example, so we can test it.
  • Affected Episode(s) - is it happening to a particular episode, certain episodes or all episodes? Please give us at least 1 example, so we can test it.
  • Affected Language Version - if the show is Dual Language, is it the dubbed, dubbed or both versions that are affected?
  • Affected Video Format - is it the SD, HD or both versions that are affected?
  • Is your Flash Player/Plugin up to date?[/quote]
    * For the fastest response, it is highly recommended that you post your issue in this thread - Moderators and Admins will see it faster and there’s a chance that one of our fellow users might know the answer of have a suggestion.

If you are having problems watching videos on an iOS Device (iPad, iPhone or iPod)
Head over to the iPad/iPhone/iPod/iOS Thread.

If you are getting a ‘Denied by Region’ message:

1. Copy the IP address from the message
  2. Inform an Admin. You can either post the required info in this thread, or you can send us an email to info@theanimenetwork.com with the subject line ‘Denied by Region’

[quote]REQUIRED INFO:
The IP address from the message
What country you are in (US or Canada)[/quote]3) An Admin will cross check your IP address with the American Registry for Internet Numbers. If it checks out, we will manually enable your IP Address in our system and let you know that you have been fixed. If it does not check out, an Admin will follow up with you to get a correct IP Address.
For more information on what caused this, read the Why is My IP Address Region Blocked post.

If you have a problem with the Hulu player embedded on our website:
Please post it in the Online Player Reports/Problems/Updates Thread.
Fill out the usual Technical Issue Report, but be sure to specify that it’s the embedded Hulu player. We will report the issue to the Hulu team and track it’s progress.

If you see a problem with our content on the Hulu site or one of their apps:
(such as wrong video, QC issues or incorrect data)
Please post it in the Anime Network on Hulu & Hulu Plus Thread.
Be sure to let us know what platform (web, mobile, Roku, ect.) you saw it on.

If you have technical difficulties with Hulu’s website or their Hulu Plus apps:
Please report it directly to them: www.hulu.com/help

Notice:

The Skull Man - Episode 2 is temporarily only available in Standard Definition.

To Loveru - Episode 5 is temporarily unavailable, pending new file upload.

I’ll post an update when these episodes are back online in both SD & HD.

Skull Man Episode 2 (Still won’t work for me)
SD
Browser & Version- Opera Version?
Flash Player Version- 10,0,42,34

Type of Internet Connection Cable

Connection Speed 21.63/3.96

Detailed description of the problem you are experiencing
Still doesn’t work. Won’t load.
Slick
Edit: It made a liar out of me. It’s working for me now. Sorry for the mix up.

To Loveru #5 is active now in both SD & HD.
Let me know if you have any trouble in streaming it.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the feedback, Slick!
That’s exactly the kind of detail I’ll need in the future for troubleshooting.

I’ll post an update when Skull Man 2 is available in HD.

To Love Ru eps. 5 still won’t play for me.

Internet Explorer 8

Adobe flash player version 10.0.45.2

Cable

Sorry I don’t know the speed.

[quote]To Love Ru eps. 5 still won’t play for me.
Internet Explorer 8
Adobe flash player version 10.0.45.2
Cable
Sorry I don’t know the speed.[/quote]

Try it now. You may need to clear the browser’s cache.

I refreshed the server cache and have temporarily disabled the HD file. Not sure it that’s the problem.

It’s working now for us on all browsers on both Windows & Mac.

Let me know if you still are having problems.

I’m having trouble getting an episode of “A Little Snow Fairy: Sugar” to play. The specifics are as follows:

Episode 15 “A Tiny Guest”

Watching in SD

Problem exists in both Firefox Version 3.6 and Chrome 4.0.249.89

Flash Player 10, Plugin version 10.0.45.2, Active X version 10.0.32.18

Connected via cable modem @ 3.122 mBits/s

Selecting episode 15 results in the page updating, the “JWPLAYER” icon comes up in the lower left corner of the screen for approximately 10 seconds and then disappears. No further updates to the screen occur. The “Anime Network” icon doesn’t appear in the lower right corner of the screen and the length of episode numbers remain at 00:00. I’ve let this sit for over 10 minutes without seeing a response from the player.

===KGH

Should be fixed now. Give it a try.

Thanks for letting me know.

I seem to be having some problems with the online player. While an episode is playing, the picture will skip around while the audio continues to play normally. Alternatively, the video may stop completely, and it takes around 30 seconds to resume–if it does. This occurs with most shows, in SD.

Browser: Internet Explorer 8

Flash Player Version: 10,0,22,87

Internet Connection: Cable

Connection Speed: 3.15 / 0.37 Mb/s

This problem happens often, which detracts from the overall experience! Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance!

@Alex94:
Does this happen on all shows/episodes you try to watch or only on a few?

At first glance, it sounds like your connection speed may be dropping during playback. This will account for the audio playing smoothly, but the video stream dropping out/skipping. Our current streaming servers do not readjust playback according to you connection speed.

Try jiggling the cables connecting the computer and the modem to ensure that they are tight. This may sound goofy, but if they get a bit loose, it can affect your connection speed.

Another thing to check is if your connection speed is remaining stable during streaming. Try running a speed test before watching a show. If the video starts lagging, run another to see if there is a drop in speed. Compare the speeds to what your Cable plan says you should be getting. If there is a big difference, you may need to contact your provider to let them know that you are experiencing drops in speed.

Sorry you’re having trouble watching. Let me know if this clears things up for you or if the problem persists so we can continue to troubleshoot this for you.

Yep, this problem seems to happen with all shows. I’ll be sure to check my connection speed next time again when I’m streaming anime this afternoon! :slight_smile:

Skull Man Episode 3
SD/HD
Browser & Version- Opera Version- 10.10

Won’t load, just see JW, then nothing.
Slick

slickwolfie wrote:

[quote]Skull Man Episode 3
SD/HD

Slick[/quote]

I was told to let you know it should be working now. I tested it works on my end now was not before.

psychopuppet wrote:

[quote]slickwolfie wrote:

[quote]Skull Man Episode 3
SD/HD

Slick[/quote]

I was told to let you know it should be working now. I tested it works on my end now was not before.[/quote]

Still won’t work for me. Other shows work, but not this one. I’ll check again later on.
Slick

Edit: Ok, now its working. Just checked it one more time, and viola.

It might just be me, but Mara Holic episode 5 does not seem to be loading. It might be just a bit slower than the other shows, but if that is the case, it is really, really slow.

Show Title

Princess Resurrection

Episode Number

If you are watching in SD or HD

SD or HD does not matter

Browser & Version

Firefox 3.6

Flash Player Version

Latest version 10.5

Type of Internet Connection (Cable, DSL, WiFi…)

DSL 1.5 Mb

Episode (or any episode of this series) does not play, I have no problems watching other animes like Loki Legendary detective.

I do see the player logo appear in the lower left corner momentarily, but then the episode never plays.

redshirt1 wrote:

It loads just fine for me, so I need more info to troubleshoot your issue.

When you go to that episode, does any duration timecode load? You should see the numbers 25:00 or 24:58 appear on the right side of the scrub bar. If you don’t see them, try refreshing your browser a few times.

Let me know if that clears things up.

drbob wrote:

[quote]# Show Title
Princess Resurrection

Episode Number

SD or HD does not matter

Episode (or any episode of this series) does not play, I have no problems watching other animes like Loki Legendary detective.

I do see the player logo appear in the lower left corner momentarily, but then the episode never plays.[/quote]

Again, I’m able to load these episodes just fine, so I need more info to troubleshoot your issue.

When you go to that episode, does any duration timecode load? You should see the numbers 25:00 or 24:58 appear on the right side of the scrub bar. If you don’t see them, try refreshing your browser a few times.

Let me know if that clears things up.

Our developer was making some upgrades to our BETA site, which could have caused a lag in this site pulling info from the database.

Keep me updated on how things are working for you!

Moved from the Report bugs and issues with the new Website Thread:

hsds04a wrote:

[quote]The videos don’t seem to work in Chrome on my Mac. They just give the following message, and the actual video never loads:

[quote]Loading…
Javascript/Flash Required
Your IP: X.X.X.X
Your Country: US[/quote]

(It works OK in Safari, and it worked OK in Chrome prior to the redesign.)[/quote]

Were you able to get videos to play in Chrome? Was it just one video or all of them?

If you’re still having problems, I need more info.

• Exact Operating System Version [ex: OS 10.6.2]
  • Exact Flash Player Version [ex: 10,0,42,34]
  • Which shows/episodes are having a problem, or is it all of them?

Show Title : All

SD or HD does not matter

Browser & Version

Firefox 3.5.8

Flash Player Version

Latest version 10.5

Type of Internet Connection (Cable, DSL, WiFi…)

Fios 20/15

Operating system: Win 7 64x

Every video tells me that i am denied access due to my region (US).