Anime Network Subscriptions Thread

Please do not use the ‘Report to Moderator’ link unless you are reporting abuse or other urgent matters.

I have already placed a “Thank You” at the bottom of your post, indicating that I have read your post and forwarded it Administration.

Also, this is the second time you have created a new thread. Please, in the future, please put all subscription matters in the http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,5/func,view/id,47339/.

Be assured that someone IS reading this and is looking into your issue.

So is anything going to happen? It feels like I’m being robbed.

I feel the same way. I also purchased through iTunes and I only can get it on my iPhone 5 but won’t let me be a premium member through website. It says if you purchased through iTunes you get mobile and website premium membership. I have sent them few emails with no response. I have already paid the year subscription for $69.99. You will think that will take care of you right away. I feel your pain!!!

I have tried to sign up multiple times, using chrome and explorer, once i enter my cc info it says data saved i click ok, but nothing changes. I have checked the info reentered and still nothing, the card is good and zip and all match, I have emailed many times but no response. I need some help here.

First of all, are you emailing to subscriptions@theanimenetwork.com? Email sent to info@theanimenetwork.com usually get lost in the shuffle.

Next, please post about subscription problems in the Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network. It will be seen by the proper people a lot faster.

I’ll report this to Administration for you.

Thanks for your report.

[quote=“stardf29” post=127776]Still having problems trying to get a subscription; this time, I enter all my payment information, hit Purchase, and it says that there’s a problem creating my subscription.

I am on a Mac OS X 10.8.2 and have tried this with both Safari and Firefox.[/quote]

Not sure if it’s because you folks are trying to fix something, but now the subscription pages are turning up completely blank for me; I don’t even have the subscription options to choose from. (Only the Redeem Gift tab is not blank.) This is the case with both Safari and Firefox, Mac OS X 10.8.2.

[quote=“stardf29” post=128057]

[quote=“stardf29” post=127776]Still having problems trying to get a subscription; this time, I enter all my payment information, hit Purchase, and it says that there’s a problem creating my subscription.

I am on a Mac OS X 10.8.2 and have tried this with both Safari and Firefox.[/quote]

Not sure if it’s because you folks are trying to fix something, but now the subscription pages are turning up completely blank for me; I don’t even have the subscription options to choose from. (Only the Redeem Gift tab is not blank.) This is the case with both Safari and Firefox, Mac OS X 10.8.2.[/quote]

I’m having this same problem. I’m running Windows 8 with Firefox/Chrome/IE10. It’s coming up blank on all of them.

Can’t get the free trial.
Can’t sign up for a subscription.
Can’t do anything except enter a gift code (I don’t have one) and even if I did it would probably fail.
Scared to join at this point. If I even could.

I can not subscribe to this site once again. My information at least was able to be entered before it failed until a couple of days ago. Now I can not even click a button on the subscription page. I sent email detailing my problem a week ago and got a one sentence reply asking me what my problem was… which I stated… briefly as it was the same problem from the month before when someone there was nice enough to manually fix the issue.
But after responding with even greater detail I have received no further response.

Does AoD not like money? Because this seems a very good way to go about not getting any. For every customer who actually bothered to email and post on the forums in hopes of getting a response… month after month… think about how many customers tried to sign up and just said F$#@ it. That is lost revenue you will never see.

They are making people buy anime through iTunes now. There is alot more money is forcing someone to buy a season pass at thirty to forty dollars than charging you less than ten dollars a month to stream it in HD. This I believe is their new business model. Which I’m sorry to say will lead more people away from the legit and into the world of piracy where you can get full dvd and bluray images a week before their store date. You know alot of people want to do the right thing but , you just make it hard for most to stay away from the darkside.

I subscribe through iTunes over a month ago and yet got Premium. I’ve emailed them like they said to so they can Manually add me. That’s yet to happen. Are you guys scamming me or what.

I also have this same issue. I can not create a subscription because the option tabs that I choose will give me nothing but a grey empty box.

I had the same problem i believe you are using internet explorer, try using another explorer i used google chrome and it worked with that one

I have the same issue with fire fox which is my main browser. Along with my IE browser and safari on my iPad. I originally signed up before safari and canceled my subscription that way also, but this time around its not working for either.

Please try again. You may have to logout and login again in the App to see that you’re premium.

I’m not following you on this. We do not require you to subscribe via iTunes. You can subscribe here on the site and watch premium content on the site or the iOS app. You can subscribe via iTunes in the app if you want.

(Yes, to those who are thinking it we are having issues with some user’s receipts not logging correctly. I stress some. Most do not have this problem. We’re working resolving the issue.)

If you don’t want to buy a premium account you can watch ad-supported shows. True, not all shows are available ad supported (Canadians we’re working on a solution for you). But many are.

If you had problems subscribing (not viewing as a Premium subscriber), that is creating a new subscription or viewing your current subscription on the site (not in iTunes) it should be fixed.

Let me clarify: the issue that is fixed is you saw only grey screens. No option to subscribe. No list of plans. Not option to add your credit card.

Some users have complained recently about being denied or told “There was a problem…please try later.” That means something’s wrong with your credit card. We don’t tell you what because many times our credit card processing company won’t tell us. Possible problems:

1. Incorrect expiry date (we ask you to give month, day and year but the day is only there so you can use the nice calendar date picker…just pick the end of the month in which your cc expires),
  2. Incorrect cvv (3-digit code),
  3. Bank decline,
  4. Internet outages, inability to contact your cc provider, Sun spots and other events we have no control over.

That’s why we reply with “Please try later”. We just don’t always know.

Since I have paid a annual subcription through iTunes I haven’t see any changes online saying that I am premium subscriber. I did sent three emails with my receipt attached showing my purchase. Please let me know what you can do. I read again that if you purchased through iTunes you have access online also. Thank you for your time.

I give up. I subscribe to Hulu, Crunchy Roll, Netflix, SWTOR, buy crap on new egg and amazon all the time and have never had problems with any online purchase or subscriptions… until this site over the last couple months. I use All three browsers, have even reformatted my HDD and have different virus software, and firewall… I have done all I can on my end.

I have never worked so hard to spend money in my life.

[quote=“akpoff” post=128215]

Please try again. You may have to logout and login again in the App to see that you’re premium.[/quote]

Tried this and tried Uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Nothing works. It doesn’t even show me on here that I’m a Subscriber.