Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2011)

Albany, NY Zip codes: 12201, 12202, 12203, 12204, 12205, 12206, 12207, 12208, 12209, 12210, 12211, 12212, 12214, 12220, 12222, 12223, 12224, 12225, 12226

Take your pick, they’re all going to be the same TWC hub. And, everything missing on that list I’m missing, plus a few more.

Cogeco L6K3R6:

All scheduled content received on time. I know, go figure. The episode naming conventions are erratic and episode descriptions are randomly omitted, but I’d be a fool to try to fight that battle…

Speaking of which, is any explanation forthcoming for the partial delivery of series (Angel Beats 1-4 and Yozakura 1-2 leap to mind)? While I’m glad to see content, I’d rather not be teased like this.

And just to satisfy my curiosity, will any Glass Mask episodes after #26 be appearing eventually? The full series goes up to #51.

Trurl514 wrote:

[quote]Cogeco L6K3R6:

Speaking of which, is any explanation forthcoming for the partial delivery of series (Angel Beats 1-4 and Yozakura 1-2 leap to mind)? While I’m glad to see content, I’d rather not be teased like this.

And just to satisfy my curiosity, will any Glass Mask episodes after #26 be appearing eventually? The full series goes up to #51.[/quote]

Unfortunately, still working on that Angel Beats!, Hell Girl: Two Mirrors, Yozakura Quartet deal.

Sales of Glass Mask were poor and Sentai did not pick up the rest of it.

[size=4]November 17, 2011: TWC, 79925[/size]

[size=3]RECEIVED - FVOD30 - [17][/size]

Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth -The Animation- [size=2][sub][/size] 03 - “Japanese Labyrinth”
Five Numbers
Gintama [size=2][sub][/size] 13 - “If You’re Going to Cosplay, Go All Out”
Gintama [size=2][sub][/size] 14 - “Boys Have a Weird Ritual That Makes Them Think They Turn Into Men When They Touch Frogs”
Glass Maiden [size=2][sub][/size] 12 - “Episode 12” - [size=2]FINAL![/size]
Glass Mask [size=2]
[sub]
[/size] 26 - “The Shadow Who Hunts Maya” - [size=2]FINAL![/size]
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu [size=2]
[sub]
[/size] 08 - “May 13th~May 14th: Yuno’s Crabs”
Kämpfer [size=2]
[sub]
[/size] 03 - “Lilie”
Kobato. [size=2][sub][/size] 08 - “…A Kitten’s Lullaby”
La Corda d’Oro ~ Primo Passo [size=2][sub][/size] 26 - “A Summer’s Encore” - [size=2]FINAL![/size]
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi 07 - “Flashback! Magical Shopping Arcade Birth”
Maid-Sama! [size=2]
[sub]
[/size] 02 - “Maid-Sama at the School Festival”
Pet Shop of Horrors 04 - “Dual” - [size=2]FINAL![/size]
To Love Ru [size=2]
[sub]
[/size] 05 - “The Queen’s Challenge”
Tytania [size=2]
[sub]
[/size] 07 - “Under the Flag of the Shooting Star”
You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious [size=2][sub][/size] 13 - “Fake Officer VS Actor Cop”
You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious [size=2][sub][/size] 14 - “C’Est Si Bon ~ Wandering Love”

[size=3]RECEIVED - PPV - [2][/size]

Elfen Lied - “Part 1” - (1hr. 40min. - $3.99 / 24 hrs.)
Amagami SS [size=2][sub][/size] - “Part 1” - (1hr. 43min. - $4.99 / 48 hrs.)

[size=3]MISSING - FVOD30 - [9][/size]

Angel Beats [size=2][sub][/size] 05 - “Favorite Flavor”
Angel Beats [size=2][sub][/size] 06 - “Family Affair”
Angel Beats [size=2][sub][/size] 07 - “Alive”
Hell Girl: Two Mirrors [size=2][sub][/size] 03 - “Beloved Kei”
Hell Girl: Two Mirrors [size=2][sub][/size] 04 - “Secret”
Hell Girl: Two Mirrors [size=2][sub][/size] 05 - “Rampage in Hell”
Yozakura Quartet [size=2][sub][/size] 03 - “That Decision”
Yozakura Quartet [size=2][sub][/size] 04 - “Looking Back”
Yozakura Quartet [size=2][sub][/size] 05 - “Waiting for You”

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]Sensei Terry Silver wrote:

[quote]Cogeco
St. Hyacinthe, QC, J2S 2Y1
[/quote]

Received everything that was scheduled.

And speaking of schedules, was there finally any reply coming from AN HQ about the “*Pay full price and receive a fraction of the new content~!” *problem ?

I know you ask them regularly Slowhand and I appreciate it, but this has been an ongoing demand for two months. What are they doing?

I guess we’ll see when the December shceudles will come up.

Did you receive your November 3 update? I can’t find anything that says you did.[/quote]

The update from November 3rd came up fine. The only weird thing that happened was that Coicent showed up twice for a day or two but I didn’t think it was worth mentionning.

TWC NY 11372

Received from 11/17 update -

Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth -The Animation- 	3	 Japanese Labyrinth 
 Five Numbers 	1	 Feature 
 Gintama 	13	 If You're Going to Cosplay, Go All Out 
 Gintama 	14	 Boys Have a Weird Ritual That Makes Them Think They Turn Into Men When They Touch Frogs 
 Glass Maiden 	12	 Episode 12 
 Glass Mask 	26	 The Shadow Who Hunts Maya 
 Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu (Season 3) 	8	 May 13th~May 14th: Yuno's Crab 
 Kampfer 	3	 Lilie 
 Kobato 	8	 …A Kitten’s Lullaby 
 La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo 	26	 A Summer's Encore 
 Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi 	7	 Flashback! Magical Shopping Arcade Birth 
 Maid-Sama! 	2	 Maid-Sama at the School Festival 
 Pet Shop of Horrors 	4	 Dual 
 To loveru 	5	 The Queen’s Challenge 
 Tytania 	7	 Under the Flag of the Shooting Star 
 You're Under Arrest: Fast & Furious (Season 2) 	13	 Fake Officer VS Actor Cop 
 You're Under Arrest: Fast & Furious (Season 2) 	14	 C'Est Si Bon ~ Wandering Love

DirecTV Georgia 30087

I apologize for the late report, but I’ve received all episodes from the Nov 17 update. I hope you got word on the three anime series soon because they were cool. However, I am shocked we’re not going to see any more Glass Mask. I actually liked the show. What a drag. Here’s hoping they change their mind on showing the rest of it.

DirecTV Merrimack NH (Boston area)
Anime Network VOD ch. 1889

SpaceCobraJoe wrote:

[quote]The Anime Network 11/17, 16 episodes; 3 finales, 1 extra, 1 feature on http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Whats-On/Anime-Network-Video-on-Demand/DirecTV Channel 1889
San Francisco Bay Area, 94536[/quote]

As usual, ditto everything SpaceCobraJoe says in his excellent, exhaustive report.

Thanks, rebecca! In my case, it’s 12203.

Five Numbers is also missing.

Yozakura Quartet also hasn’t advanced past episode 2, and the reprise of Angel Beats didn’t advanced past …hmm… I think it was episode 3, but I can’t check that, since the last episodes that were loaded have rolled off the system already. (Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention the second time around.) However, since these series aren’t on the official schedule on the site, I wasn’t sure whether to report that or not.

Thanks again…

Jababbi wrote:

__ G Angel Beats (sub) - - - - - - 04, __, __, __ "cancelled" __ G Hell Girl - Two Mirrors (sub) 02, __, __, __ "cancelled" __ A Yozakura Quartet (sub)- - - - 02, __, __, __ "cancelled"
-Joe

[size=4]CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136[/size]

11/17/2011 UPDATES:
All updates received

** Yozakura Quartet, Hell Girl Season 2, and Angel Beats (sub):

there is some kind of error in the scheduling, no one is recieving these right now **

Further update on TWC 13215: Friday afternoon Maid-Sama 2 was available. Since then nothing else has come through. I’m a little annoyed especially with losing the last two episodes of Glass Maiden.

I have anime network on entertainment on demand through time warner cable. I have been watching Kobato, and for the past couple weeks, episode 5 has been missing. Right now, it is up to episode 7, and I have not seen episode 5 up there at all. Does anyone know why this episode has been skipped? Can something be done about this please?

joeyw wrote:

I don’t know why it was skipped, but you’re not the only one who is missing that episode.

I’ll add you on to my report, but the shows for that date (Oct 27) are set to expire Nov 23, so I’m not sure that much can be done at this point. But I’ll give it a shot.

joeyw wrote:

For completeness, you should include your zip code when reporting problems.

The report for the last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

DirecTV 46544, Indiana

Happy Thanksgiving, y’all. Unfortunately, the fact you’re hearing from me means that things didn’t go as smoothly as last week. As of 12:20 am E.S.T., only 3 out of 11 expected programs have showed up:

Hidamari Sketch BigWord #9
Kobato #9
Maid Sama #3

Eight programs haven’t made it yet, although Pet Shop of Horrors doesn’t appear to be on TAN’s DTV schedule for today. Then again, there have been other misteaks on that page this month, so who knows? The missing:
Croisee #4
Gintama #15 & 16
Kampfer #4
MSAA #8 (By the way, what’s with the hillbilly accents in this show?)
Pet Shop #5 (maybe not scheduled?)
To Love Ru #6
Tytania #8
You’re Under Arrest #215 & 216 (per DTV’s episode numbering)

I’ll be traveling later today, so probably won’t check back in until late tonight or Friday AM.

thboyd29 wrote:

[quote]DirecTV 46544, Indiana

Happy Thanksgiving, y’all. Unfortunately, the fact you’re hearing from me means that things didn’t go as smoothly as last week. As of 12:20 am E.S.T., only 3 out of 11 expected programs have showed up:

Hidamari Sketch BigWord #9
Kobato #9
Maid Sama #3

Eight programs haven’t made it yet, although Pet Shop of Horrors doesn’t appear to be on TAN’s DTV schedule for today. Then again, there have been other misteaks on that page this month, so who knows? The missing:
Croisee #4
Gintama #15 & 16
Kampfer #4
MSAA #8 (By the way, what’s with the hillbilly accents in this show?)
Pet Shop #5 (maybe not scheduled?)
To Love Ru #6
Tytania #8
You’re Under Arrest #215 & 216 (per DTV’s episode numbering)

I’ll be traveling later today, so probably won’t check back in until late tonight or Friday AM.[/quote]

There are only 4 eps of Pet Shop of Horrors.

I’ll get the rest of your stuff on the list.

[size=5]Only 3 out of 14 episodes delivered. That’s at 78% failure rate![/size]

The Anime Network 11/24, 12 episodes, not 16. on http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Whats-On/Anime-Network-Video-on-Demand/DirecTV Channel 1889
San Francisco Bay Area, 94536

• Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth (sub) (04) Water Light
  • Gintama (sub) (15) The pet and the owner are alike
  • Gintama (sub) (16) Life gets longer when Mr Otae becomes longer!
    Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu (sub) (09) November 22nd: Third Year & First Year Students
  • Kampfer (sub) (04) KriegserKlärung
    Kobato (sub) (09) …Memories of Summer
  • Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi (08) Flashback! Magical Shopping Arcade Birth
    Maid-Sama (sub) (03) What Color is Misaki? Natural Color?
  • To LoveRu (sub) (06) The Alien Assassin
  • Tytania (sub) (08) Two Encounters
  • You’re Under Arrest 2nd (sub) (15) Keep the Memories Brilliant
  • You’re Under Arrest 2nd (sub) (16) The Proper Way to Make an E-Mail Friend

Two shows are mentioned on the Channel 1889 home page,but are not on the schedule and have not shown up yet.
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/ICE/InfoICE and http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/No-6/InfoNo. 6.

Notes:

The schedule has several errors.
It has Croisee episodes 1, 2, and 4 all on one week. Only 12 episodes listed, instead of the usual 16.

Only 3 episodes showed up at 11:00pm PST
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu (sub) (09) November 22nd: Third Year & First Year Students
Kobato (sub) (09) …Memories of Summer
Maid-Sama (sub) (03) What Color is Misaki? Natural Color?

Three shows that were part of “FVOD 30” (October) are not included included in “Free 30” (November).

• Angel Beats (sub) (08) Dancer in the Dark
  • Hell Girl - Two Mirrors (sub) (06) The Place Where the Sun Shines
  • Yozakura Quartet (sub) (06) Spinning Song

11/23 11pm: White overlay obscures the two shows that have expired:
Yozakura Quartet and Hell Girl 2.

11/24 11am: Image includes two shows that have not shown up yet.

Ice -> Glass Maiden 10, No. 6 -> Kobato 06, Croisee -> Croisee 03.

Episodes currently listed for DirecTV Channel 1889: *_ G Coicent (dub) - - - - - - - - __, 00 "feature" 1x G Croisee in a ForeignLabyrinth 01, 02, 03, 04+ "premiere" *_ A Five Numbers - - - - - - - - __, __, 00 "feature" 2x A Gintama (sub) - - - - - - - - 09 10 11 12 13 14 15+ 16+ 1w A Glass Maiden (sub)- - - - - - 10, 11, 12 "finale" 1w G Glass Mask (sub) - - - - - - 24, 25, 26 "finale" 1w G Hidamari Hoshimittsu (sub)- - 06, 07, 08, 09+ 1w G Kampfer (sub) - - - - - - - - 01, 02, 03, 04+ 1w G Kobato (sub)- - - - - - - - - 06, 07, 08, 09+ 1w G LaCorda d`Oro~PrimoPasso(sub) 24, 25, 26 "finale+extra" 1w S Magical ShopArcade Abenobashi 05, 06, 07, 08+ 1w G Maid-Sama (sub) - - - - - - - __, 01, 02, 03+ "rerun" 1w S Pet Shop of Horrors - - - - - 02, 03, 04 "finale" 1w G To LoveRu (sub) - - - - - - - 03, 04, 05, 06+ 1w A Tytania (sub) - - - - - - - - 05, 06, 07, 08+ 2x A You're Under Arrest 2nd (sub) 09 10 11 12 13 14 15+ 16+
[size=1]1w=every_week, 2w=even_weeks, 2W=odd_weeks, 2x=2_per_week.[/size]
[size=2]A=Action_Zone, G=Girl_Power, S=Super_Happy_Funtime.[/size]
[size=2]Add Channel 1889 to your favorites list; you can then get there via the Guide, even when not watching live TV.[/size]