Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2011)

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Well… Today is Sunday, November 27, 2011, and there still hasn’t been any changes. Now, I am saying so please don’t take this the wrong way, but it would seem that DirecTV and TAN are having problems with communications. Since I am seeing that TWC and Charter have been getting their updates with almost no problems. I dunno, perhaps the reason for the no updates was because of the Thanksgiving holiday. sighs

Well… I am going to keep a look out for the rest of 11/24 update. I’ll report back if there’s been any changes.

Fallen Kusanagi wrote:

I called in, got forwarded to Tech Support, and this was logged as Incident 1-8087509R.
I also filled out their email form and got DirecTV email reference #111127-001379.

-Joe
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,72244/limit,10/limitstart,1690/#100796

Update: Monday, November 28, 12:28am.
Did not receive a response within 24 hours as promised. Submitted a new complaint: Your email reference #111129-000005.

Oops! Sorry, my bad–Glass Mask is also stuck in a holding pattern at #25.

Jababbi

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Today is Monday November 28, 2011, and the rest of the 11/24 update still has not showed up. Kabato, Hidmari Sketch, and Maid-sama are still the only ones that have been updated, not the other ones that were scheduled for new episodes. I’ll report back if there is any changes.

[size=4]CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136[/size]

11/24/2011 UPDATES:
All updates received

Fallen Kusanagi wrote:

[quote]DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Today is Monday November 28, 2011, and the rest of the 11/24 update still has not showed up.[/quote]

[size=5]Only 3 out of 14 episodes delivered. That’s at 78% failure rate![/size]

Rai, Slowhand,
This is not something to be deferred to the weekly report.
Can’t the higher-ups get on a conference call with DirecTV and the content distributors to get this thing solved now?

SpaceCobraJoe wrote:

[quote]Fallen Kusanagi wrote:

Today is Monday November 28, 2011, and the rest of the 11/24 update still has not showed up.[/quote]

Rai, Slowhand,
This is not something to be deferred to the weekly report.
Can’t the higher-ups get on a conference call with DirecTV and the content distributors to get this thing solved now?[/quote]

DirecTV Merrimack NH 03054
Anime Network VOD ch 1889

Looks like DirecTV just didn’t do much of anything during the holiday week. In the past they’ve been updating that “Just Added” list around midnight on Wednesday or Thursday.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow - or not.

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Well… As of Tuesday November 29, 2011, there still haven’t been any changes, meaning the rest of the updates for 11/24 still hasn’t appeared. I have to admit that this bad…really bad.

Look, something has to happen here. I mean, it does look like us, DirecTV subscribers are getting the short end of the stick here unlike the other cable companies. I just hope you all here can resolve this problem.

Fallen Kusanagi wrote:

Well… As of Tuesday November 29, 2011, there still haven’t been any changes, meaning the rest of the updates for 11/24 still hasn’t appeared. I have to admit that this bad…really bad.

Look, something has to happen here. I mean, it does look like us, DirecTV subscribers are getting the short end of the stick here unlike the other cable companies. I just hope you all here can resolve this problem.[/quote]

Sometimes I wish I could pay the providers the same way they deliver episodes :slight_smile:

“You didn’t get my check? So sorry, I’ll have that issue brought up during the week. In the meantime, keep checking your mailbox because you never know when or if it might appear.”

“You got it but it’s not the full amount? Sorry again, here’s the balance in Arby’s gift cards, hope that’s not inconvenient for you.”

Update for http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,72244/limit,10/limitstart,1690/#100796

The Anime Network 11/24, 3 of 14 episodes only on http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Whats-On/Anime-Network-Video-on-Demand/DirecTV Channel 1889
San Francisco Bay Area, 94536

[size=5]As of 11/29, only 3 of 14 episodes from 11/24 have arrived.[/size]

[size=4]Received only 3:[/size]

• Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu (sub) (09) November 22nd: Third Year & First Year Students
  • Kobato (sub) (09) …Memories of Summer
  • Maid-Sama (sub) (03) What Color is Misaki? Natural Color?

[size=4]Did not receive:[/size]

• Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth (sub) (04) Water Light
  • Gintama (sub) (15) The pet and the owner are alike
  • Gintama (sub) (16) Life gets longer when Mr Otae becomes longer!
  • Kampfer (sub) (04) KriegserKlärung
  • Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi (08) Flashback! Magical Shopping Arcade Birth
  • To LoveRu (sub) (06) The Alien Assassin
  • Tytania (sub) (08) Two Encounters
  • You’re Under Arrest 2nd (sub) (15) Keep the Memories Brilliant
  • You’re Under Arrest 2nd (sub) (16) The Proper Way to Make an E-Mail Friend

[size=4]Did not receive and not on November schedule:[/size]
-^ICE (01) Heart (premiere)
-^No. 6 (sub) (01) Drowned Rat (premiere)

Notes:

The schedule has several errors.
14 episodes listed, but 2 showed up previously, and 2 new ones are missing.

Only 3 episodes showed up at 11:00pm PST
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu (sub) (09) November 22nd: Third Year & First Year Students
Kobato (sub) (09) …Memories of Summer
Maid-Sama (sub) (03) What Color is Misaki? Natural Color?

Three shows that were part of “FVOD 30” (October) are not included included in “Free 30” (November).

• Angel Beats (sub) (08) Dancer in the Dark
  • Hell Girl - Two Mirrors (sub) (06) The Place Where the Sun Shines
  • Yozakura Quartet (sub) (06) Spinning Song

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Ch1889_11_11_24.jpg Ice -> Glass Maiden 10, No. 6 -> Kobato 06, Croisee -> Croisee 03.

Episodes currently listed for DirecTV Channel 1889: *_ G Coicent (dub) - - - - - - - - __, 00 "feature" 1x G Croisee in a ForeignLabyrinth 01, 02, 03, "04 missing" *_ A Five Numbers - - - - - - - - __, __, 00 "feature" 2x A Gintama (sub) - - - - - - - - 09 10 11 12 13 14 "15, 16 missing" 1w A Glass Maiden (sub)- - - - - - 10, 11, 12 "finale" 1w G Glass Mask (sub) - - - - - - 24, 25, 26 "finale" 1w G Hidamari Hoshimittsu (sub)- - 06, 07, 08, 09+ 1w ? ICE - - - - - - - - - - - - - __, __, __, "01 missing" 1w G Kampfer (sub) - - - - - - - - 01, 02, 03, "04 missing" 1w G Kobato (sub)- - - - - - - - - 06, 07, 08, 09+ 1w G LaCorda d`Oro~PrimoPasso(sub) 24, 25, 26 "finale+extra" 1w S Magical ShopArcade Abenobashi 05, 06, 07, "08 missing" 1w G Maid-Sama (sub) - - - - - - - __, 01, 02, 03+ "rerun" 1w ? No. 6 (sub) - - - - - - - - - __, __, __, "01 missing" 1w S Pet Shop of Horrors - - - - - 02, 03, 04 "finale" 1w G To LoveRu (sub) - - - - - - - 03, 04, 05, "06 missing" 1w A Tytania (sub) - - - - - - - - 05, 06, 07, "08 missing" 2x A You're Under Arrest 2nd (sub) 09 10 11 12 13 14 "15, 16 missing"
[size=1]1w=every_week, 2w=even_weeks, 2W=odd_weeks, 2x=2_per_week.[/size]
[size=2]A=Action_Zone, G=Girl_Power, S=Super_Happy_Funtime.[/size]
[size=2]Add Channel 1889 to your favorites list; you can then get there via the Guide, even when not watching live TV.[/size]

I know on the last update I only got bits of, I had a lot of issues watching TV that night with it going to a dark “please wait” screen or the guide not loading. I suspect sometimes you just get a communication error between the service sending them out and the local hub recieving them, just like I have to type this out again because the first time I hit submit I got an error message. The problem is it’s a real pain in the ass to get them to go in and manually fix the problem; the last time I called TWC on it I got told the person who does this does not take calls or emails, so I had to leave them a message through the operator who answered, listing the shows out by name and in some cases spelling them out letter by letter. I don’t expect much from a free service, but that’s just too much hassle.

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Well… Today is Wednesday November 30, 2011, and still there hasn’t been any changes. The rest of the update for 11/24 still haven’t appeared. Tonight at midnight we’re “supposed” to get the 12/1 update. Hopefully, we’ll get this update and the update from Thanksgiving.

Either way, I am disappointed by this. I am still hoping you can all get this cleared up.

Fallen Kusanagi wrote:

The December schedule is up.

SpaceCobraJoe wrote:

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Whats-On/Anime-Network-Video-on-Demand

Umm… That’s good and dandy, but what about the update from 11/24? If this update doesn’t show up tonight, then we’re going to end up having a lot of missing episodes. So, pardon me from not getting excited about this but until this is received I am still disappointed.

Slowhand wrote:

Looking for “Episode 1” reveals these goodies:

2011-11-03 S Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth -The Animation-
2011-11-10 D Coicent
2011-11-10 S Maid-Sama!
2011-11-17 D Five Numbers

2011-12-01 D High School of the Dead
2011-12-08 S Modern Magic Made Simple
2011-12-15 D Xam’d
2011-12-22 S Ro-Kyu-Bu ~ Fast Break!
2011-12-29 D Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok
Five Thursdays in December! Does this mean bad things will happen?

Note: There is no mention of ICE or No. 6, both of which show up on the home page for DirecTV Channel 1889.

-Joe

P.S. Not to mention other new series (Ray, Rozen Maiden), semi-new series (Heaven’s Memo Pad, MM!, Amagami SS, Himawari!, Canaan), and other old series (Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, Little Show Fairy Sugar, Yozakura Quartet) which are not there.

Heck, I am only concern about us, DirecTV subscribers getting the rest of the 11/24 update along with 12/1 update. Like I said, in the last post, if we do get the 12/1 update without the one from 11/24, then we’re going to get a lot of missing episodes.

DirecTV Merrimack NH 03054
Anime Network VOD ch 1889

As of 12/01/2011 12:30 AM EST, new episodes for some series are appearing, but others that should have been added on 11/24 are still missing:

Croisee In A Foreign Labyrinth 03
Croisee In A Foreign Labyrinth 05 ** 04 still missing **

Hidamari Sketch 08
Hidamari Sketch 09
Hidamari Sketch 10

Kampfer 03
Kampfer 05 ** 04 still missing

Kobato Sub 08
Kobato Sub 09
Kobato Sub 10

Maid-Sama 02
Maid-Sama 03
Maid-Sama 04

To Love-Ru 05
To Love-Ru 07 ** 06 still missing **

You’re Under Arrest 213
You’re Under Arrest 214
You’re Under Arrest 217 ** 215, 216 still missing **

Not tracking the others, sorry.

Note that some of the program icons in the channel banner are masked, as SpaceCobraJoe reported some time ago when DirecTV was still updating the list.

Cablevision In Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Not a bad week as got almost all update except for last four in the action zone.

Got this week:
Gintama 17
High School of the Dead 01
Ice 02
Night Raid 1931 Sub 06
No.6 04
Amagami SS 11
Angel Beats Sub 09
Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth -The Animation 05
Hell Girl: Two Mirrors 07
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu 10
Himawari! (Season 1) 08
Kampfer 05
Kobato 10
Maid-Sama 04
Heaven’s Memo Pad 08
Ray 06
Rozen Maiden (Season 1) 01
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi 09
Little Snow Fairy Sugar 24

Missing:
To Love Ru 07
Tytania 09
Yozakura Quartet 07
You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious (Season 2) 17

RE: December ANOD schedule for DirecTV (“Free 30”).

I notice that High School of the Dead is back. I mention this because I checked the Info for H.O.T.D. and it says that the series is rated “TV-MA [L, S, V]” (see Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network). Then I went back to a post Rai made back in October. That post said:

(see Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network)

So, what is it? Is the ban on TV-MA shows on Free 30 providers lifted, or did someone once again make a bonehead mistake at Valkyrie Media Partners? Does anyone in charge at the VOD section even know what the H*** is going on?

Add everything up that has gone wrong in the last four months and one has to wonder why one would even bother with anything having to do with Valkyrie.