Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2017)

Cogeco
St.Hyacinthe, QC
J2R 2J4

This is it I guess.

A goodbye to all the good brothers and sisters I exchanged with through the years. I haven’t really ventured outside of the VOD report thread for at least two of those because quite frankly, I have always hated the new boards.

An advice to administration : communicating and being transparent with your customers doesn’t hurt, you should try it one of these days.

A extra special thanks to Slowhand, who really doesn’t get enough credit for all the work put in each and every week, year after year.

It’s not impossible that I will come back one of these days, but it’s more likely that I will get my hands on the older, cheaper DVDs I don’t have rather than subscribing to the online player. It’s obvious that Sentai still believe that DVDs are still the way to go in 2017 (?) rather than banking on streaming ( thus the "no-dubs’ ruling ) , so I guess I’ll have to jump on a future Right Stuf Holiday sale (whenever the CDN dollar gets back on track) if I ever have the nostalgia bug biting me for “good, but not quite worth a full-priced purchase” shows like Xam’d, Waiting in the Summer and LITTLE SNOW FAIRY SUGAR (exactly)

It sucks that AN is now gone, but at least it went out on a flurry of shows like Momokuri, a rerun of Himouto Umaru-Chan, CLAMP School Detectives, Softenni and the 4th season (Good Lord) of Uta-no Prince-Sama…it’s not like it cuts off in the middle of Kids on the Slope, Flowers of Evil, Canaan, Cross Ange or one of the Ef~Tales of _______.

So that’s it. Take care y’all.

3 Likes

It’s sad to see you go Sensei_Terry_Silver :frowning:

Even though I have only spoke to you a few times, it is an upsetting day when one of the veteran members departs.

I can say it best in the words of Dr Emmett Brown “Your future hasn’t been written yet, so make it a good one”

For the time being, farewell :vulcan:

1 Like

same, all missing

1 Like

Update to Updates Received/Not Received 3/2/17 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Sorry, I got nothin’. And I’m pretty sorry–without an update, it’s short rations this weekend, searching the back of the fridge. Well, there’s still some stuff I haven’t been following on back on Toonami that I could catch up on. Or maybe finally watch Strawberry Marshmallow Girls and figure out which blurb goes with which episode. Or actually watch Girls und Panzer instead of just testing it…

…which brings me to the kludge for the On Demand Portal side of things. There’s lots of pathways to access a show via On Demand–at least half a dozen–but it doesn’t really matter which one you use, eventually you drill down to the Girls und Panzer folder. I usually go in by Network=>Anime Network=>Girls und Panzer. However you get there, once you’re there,

Step One: Play “Girls und Panzer 08”. This starts up Girls und Panzer #8, We’re Fighting Pravda!;

Step Two: Stop the episode anywhere; this brings you to the menu for that episode, where the options are now Resume and Restart;

Step Three: At this point, Resume will just pick up where you left off in Girls und Panzer #8; choose Restart instead;

Step Four: This gives you a menu with “Restart in SD” and “Play SD” option; choosing “Play SD”:should start Girls und Panzer #7. (“Restart in SD” just restarts Girls und Panzer #8.)

Once you’ve gone through Steps One through Four, going back and accessing “Girls und Panzer 08” again gives you the same Resume and Restart options, but choosing them gives you two “Resume in SD” or “Restart in SD” options, one for each of the two episodes. There’s nothing which tells you which is which, but the top one seems to be for #8 and the bottom one for #7.

The On Demand In Progress list, unlike Cutting Edge, doesn’t have numbers–e.g., all Girls und Panzer episodes are just “Girls und Panzer” (the “This is Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl” problem I mentioned way back when)–but choosing either “Girl und Panzer” just brings you to the screen for “Girls und Panzer 08”, and then the same options outlined in Step Two or Step Four (depending on what you did before) will be there, and you’re off to the races…

There’s more little twists and turns and variants, of course, but life is too short…I’ll try addressing them if someone actually posts a question or concern.

Thanks!

1 Like

Frontier FIOs 90505 (CA)

The updates for this week have been loaded on Frontier and the following 4 episodes are missing.

BTOOM! Episode 09
Chaika The Coffin Princess Avenging Battle Ep 08
Girls Und Panzer Ep 09
La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia Ep 05

2 of the 4 missing episodes have been loaded - Girls Und Panzer - Episode 08 and Softenni - Episode 07. The 2 remaining missing episodes are listed below.

La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia - Episode 03
Legends of Heroes-Trails in the Sky - Movie, not a weekly show

Thanks.

1 Like

I’m so very sorry to see you go. We’ve had a lot of good & bad years together. I certainly hope you will make it back here in the future, we need more people like you around!

Take it easy, play it safe.

Slowhand

1 Like

Update to Update to Updates Received/Not Received 3/2/17 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The logjam has broken a bit–I’ve got four shows:

AoharuXMachinegun 10
Arcana Famiglia 5
Hayate II 20
Utawarerumono II 21

Everything else…nada.

Thanks!

1 Like

The report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported since the last report:
@Ultima395

1 Like

Update to Update to Update to Updates Received/Not Received 3/2/17 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Okay! Looks like they restocked the fridge while I was gone. Now I’m just missing

BTOOOM! #9

When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace and Take Up Too Much of a Title Line #3

Received:

Azumanga Daioh 12

AoharuXMachinegun 10

Arcana Famiglia 5

Flying Witch 4

Girls Und Panzer 9

Haikyu!! II 22

Hayate II 20

I’m Sakamoto 1

Patlabor 35

Utawarerumono II 21

Notes:

1. The On Demand Portal side has not been updated yet, so all the episodes are missing there;

2. When they do update the On Demand side, I expect that Girls Und Panzer #9/“Girls Und Panzer 09” on the Cutting Edge side will renamed “Girls Und Panzer 10”, which will set us up for another merged-episode dyad next week;

3. Speaking of name changes, there’s a couple of miniscule ones:

Patlabor 35 becomes “Patlabor 35” (they lower-cased the “L”), and

having been exposed to cosmic radiation, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben grow furry ears and tails and become the “UtawarerumonoFF”. (Translation: they dropped the space between “Utawarerumono” and “FF” for Utawarerumono II #21.)

Thanks!

1 Like

Received 3/3:

• Aoharu X Machinegun, Ep 10 (Aoharu X 10)
  • Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 2), Ep 20 (Hayate Butler 2 20)
  • La Storia della Arcana Famiglia, Ep 5 (Arcana Famiglia 05)
  • UtawarerumonoFF, Ep 21 (UtawarerumonoFF 21)
1 Like

Received 3/4:

• Azumanga Daioh, Ep 12 (Azumanga Daioh 12)
  • Flying Witch, Ep 4 (Flying Witch 04)
  • Girls und Panzer, Ep 9 < 10 > (Girls Und Panzer 09)
  • Haikyu!! 2, Ep 22 (Haikyu!! 2 22)
  • Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto, Ep 1 (Sakamoto 01)
  • Patlabor the Mobile Police TV, Ep 35 (Patlabor TV 35)

Still missing:

• BTOOOM!, Ep 9
  • When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace, Ep 3
1 Like

Just got off the phone with Comcast. As none of the missing episodes have arrived, they are sending my ticket to level 3 support (you know, when level 2 can’t help :rolling_eyes:)

However, one thing to mention, on the NEW Xfinity Steam app there is a duplicate listing of Girls Und Panzer episode 5 under Programs. None of the other episodes are like this, and it only appears on the app. Not an inconvenience to me by any sort, just letting you know.

Comcast Xfinity Intercession City FL 33848

Thanks!

1 Like

03/02 Update - Episodes not received
Cox Communications, Alexandria VA 22315

Some new episodes did make an appearance, but not the full set. Missing are:

From The New World Ep. 08
Towanoquon Ep. 07, 08
Matoi The Sacred Slayer Ep. 05
Himouto! Umaru-Chan Ep. 04
Little Busters! EX Ep. 09
Momokuri Ep. 09
To Love Ru Ep. 21 *note: To Love Ru Ep. 08 is still showing up (?)

That’s it for now. Thanks for all your hard work.

1 Like

Spectrum - Los Angeles - 91367

All 3/2 updates received.

1 Like

Spectrum (TWC) Carson, CA 90745

The 3/2 updates started coming in late 3/3; were all listed in VOD menu after noon, 3/4.

1 Like

As a side note:

Happy Birthday, @gymanime ! :cake: :birthday:

1 Like

I received all episodes except for Supernatural battles ep. 3.

Time Warner cable Phoenix, NY 13135

1 Like

Time Warner Cable, Conklin NY, 13748

The shows from February 16 have still not come in.

1 Like

Optimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

No Longer Missing from 3/2117 update:
BTOOOM! 9
Chaika the Coffin Princess: Avenging Battle 8
Den-noh Coil 12
From the New World 8
Patlabor The Mobile Police (TV) 35
RIN-NE Two 18
When They Cry Kai 17
La Storia della Arcana Famiglia 5
Bodacious Space Pirates 9
Girls und Panzer 9
Matoi the Sacred Slayer 5
CLAMP School Detectives 8
Girlish Number 1
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 2) 20
Himouto! Umaru-chan 4
Momokuri 9
Softenni! 8
To loveru 21

List errors:
To Love Ru 8 suppose to expire 11/30/16 and hasn’t. Anything on this not expiring and if anime network do anything about it?

1 Like

I have asked about this repeatedly (since you first started reporting it) and have never received any response. I’ll keep putting it out there and asking about it in separate emails.