Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2017)

Update to Updates Received/Not Received 6/8/17 :: Spectrum :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

No change as to the missing episodes from 5/25 and 6/1, but they did update the On Demand Portal side, so whatever episodes we do have are now also on that side of the house as well.

They are working on this, right? [sigh]

Thanks!

1 Like

The initial report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported since the last report:
NONE

Requested darker font on Text pages in VOD schedules.

All reported missing episodes have been called in to their respective providers, still waiting on call-backs.

@shadzar
Sending in your comments about the Provider section.

3 Likes

A thought occurred to me about

so I took a quick look on my system and then did a little Googling. While we’ve already established there’s serious mismatches between my TWC setup and yours, here’s what I think might have happened–see if it makes sense to you: on my system, a lot of those channel numbers in the 1200+ range are used to carry the local over-the-air channels. So I’ve got duplicates of the local ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, PBS, etc. channels, plus all their extra over-the-air sub-channels created when they switched to digital broadcasting. And to fill up these new channels with programming, the local affiliates have contracted with various syndicated programming providers, who give them specialized lineups of mainly old shows. (As opposed to the manly old shows of Grit.) So I’ve got something like ten channels of stuff like Laff, GetTV, Decades, Antenna and–my favorites–Heroes&Icons and CometTV. Like you, at one point I had GritTV…and now I don’t. But if my hypothesis is correct, that’s not because TWC changed their lineup and dropped the Grit network, but because my local TV channel here changed their format for that subchannel and decided to go with some other syndicated packager (my best guess is they swapped Grit for Heroes&Icons, but I really wasn’t paying much attention to what was going on up in the 1200’s apart for some of the extra PBS stuff, so I’m just not sure). Thus TWC’s lineup remained the same–they just kept on carrying the local network affiliates’ extra digital channels,. (Though I have the impression this recently went from three apiece to four apiece for some of them–definitely for PBS.) The analogy would be the way TWC’s lineup isn’t really changing when NBC or CBS or the Weather Channel add or drop shows from their schedules.
Might this be the explanation?

2 Likes

Been awhile since I’ve done this.

TWC/Spectrum Dayon, OH 45420

Same deal as the other TWC/Spectrum people, only this time I noticed that Failed Knight Ep. 11 has disappeared before 12 and 9, as have some others.

1 Like

Update to Update to Updates Received/Not Received 6/8/17 :: Spectrum :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The people were disheartened, and did cry out. For the fields would not yield their crops, nor the trees their fruit, and as for the missing episodes, no man could say where or why they tarried. Nor any woman, either. Nor child. Nor parrot, Norwegian Blue or otherwise.

Maybe a myna bird?

No change.

Thanks!

1 Like

@Duneczan

I’m a little confused here.

You say you have the “same deal” as the other Spectrum/TWC users, but that Chivalry, Ep 11, has disappeared.

All other users report that they didn’t get any of the June 1 update, which includes Chivalry, Ep 11. At you saying that you did receive the June 1 update and that some of it has disappeared?

Could you please elaborate on this for me please?

The report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported since the last report:
None

I have no new information concerning Missing Episodes.

Apologies.

1 Like

It is possible I’m not remembering correctly but I swear I saw episodes 9, 11, and 12 on the list before, but now there is no 11. I may have confused it with something else.

1 Like

All right, Thank you @Duneczan

???
Given all that you do and all that you put up with from us (okay, from me), not to mention everybody on the other side of things, no apologies needed.

And if they do send over that mynah, I’m sure you’ll tell us what it says.

Thank you for all your efforts, week in, week out, Milady.

1 Like

Updates Received/Not Received 6/14/17 :: Spectrum :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The short version:

Once again, all but two shows have arrived, on both Cutting Edge and On Demand, but it’s two different shows this time: Undefeated Bahamut #7 and Tsuritama #10; we also got an unscheduled Patlabor Movie WXIIII. No sign of any of the previously missing episodes. This is getting grim…

The long version:

Received:

Bakuon 10

Matoi the Sacred Slayer 3

Mysterious Girlfriend X 11

Nurse Witch Komugi R 6

Nyan Koi 10

The Perfect Insider 1

Phantasy Star Online 9

Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless 11 (then how come he’s listed here?)

Trinity Seven 8

Missing in Action:

Tsuritama 10

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle 7

Still Missing from 6/1/17:

Everything

Still Missing from 5/25/17:

Azumanga Daioh 24

Bakuon 7

Chivalry of a Failed Knight 10

Appearing Incongruously:

Patlabor WXIII

Remaining Incongruously:

AoharuxMachinegun 6

Notes:

1. Two name changes:

Nyan Koi #10 => “Nyan Koi 10” (they dropped the the “!” and went back to the first version)

Phantasy Star Online #9 => “Phantasy Online 2 09” (they added the “2”)

Notice that these just happen to be the two series that were missing episodes last week. I doubt that’s a mere coincidence…

(1) With only 10 shows this week, the schedule seems awfully slim…

(2) Okay, so I’m still stubbornly refusing to watch the climactic episode of Chivalry, holding out for the missing episodes, and now Undefeated Bahamut is taking a bath. So there’s an open slot for a harem show in my schedule. Guess that means it’s Trinity Seven’s turn, and I’d better catch episode #4 before it goes away. I expect I’ll console myself with another irrelevant programming note next week…

Thanks!

1 Like

Spectrum Cable Phoenix, NY 13135

Received:

Bakuon 10

Matoi the Sacred Slayer 3

Nurse Witch Komugi R 6

Nyan Koi 10

The Perfect Insider 1

Phantasy Star Online 9

Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless 11 (then how come he’s listed here?)

Trinity Seven 8

Missing in Action:

Tsuritama 10

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle 7

Still Missing from 6/1/17:

Everything

Still Missing from 5/25/17:

Azumanga Daioh 24

Bakuon 7

Chivalry of a Failed Knight 10

Appearing Incongruously:

Patlabor WXIII

Remaining Incongruously:

AoharuxMachinegun 6

Same as what Jababbi has and doesn’t have. This sucks since my alarm clocks go off at five thirty in the morning and I have nothing to watch without my daily two hours of anime. I hate when it is nice out and my cats, I mean my alarm clocks go off too early

2 Likes

DirecTV Fairfield, CA 94534

Some time between the morning of June 14 and 3:00 AM June 15, the Anime Network VOD channel 1889 disappeared from the channel listings.

Shows continue to show up if you do a general search on a specific title, but none of the titles appear in the channel 1000 DirecTV OnDemand listings.

1 Like

Optimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Note: Not sure if to put Amagi Brilliant Park 6 as a error that didn’t expire or not. Listed as ending next week when clicking on the episode but site says this week?

Missing from 6/15/17 update:
Beyond the Boundary 2
Cobra the Animation 11
Den-noh Coil 19
From the New World 23
Bodacious Space Pirates 24
Say I Love You 9
Urara Meirocho 3
Amagi Brilliant Park 10
CLAMP School Detectives 23
ClassicaLoid 15
Flip Flappers 11
Haikyu!! Three 2
Long Riders! 7
Magic of Stella 10
Nyan Koi! 10
Tsuritama 10

List errors:
To Love Ru 8 suppose to expire 11/30/16 and hasn’t.

1 Like

Should be ending this week. If it hasn’t dropped by tomorrow, let me know.

DirecTV Indiana 46544

As of 09:30 EDT, dittos on previous DTV report. Content download is in progress but haven’t tried to watch yet, but so far, this appears to be an issue with DTV rather than TAN, so I guess I’ll go chirp at them for a while.

As for TAN, thanks for another clean week.

1 Like

Spectrum (TWC) Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for June 15, 2017:

Bakuon!! 10 - "Underclassman!!"
Matoi the Sacred Slayer 3- "God’s Playing Dumb!"
Mysterious Girlfriend X 11 - "Mysterious Cultural Festival!"
Nurse Witch KOMUGI R 6 - "Life Is for Nip Slips!"
Nyan Koi! 10 - "As It Happened One Night!"
Patlabor WXIII
The Perfect Insider 1 - “Chapter 1: White Interview!” (FIRST EPISODE)
Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation 9 - "Discharge Notice!"
Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless 11 - "Tanaka-kun’s Culture Festival!"
Trinity Seven 8 - “Study and Holiday!”
(RECEIVED)

Missing from June 15:
Tsuritama 10 - "Our Tackle!"
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle 7 - “A Girl’s Truth!”

STILL MISSING from June 8:
Nyan Koi! 9 - "Girls in the Water!"
Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation 8 - “Turning Point!”

STILL MISSING from May 25
Azumanga Daioh 24 - "Yamamayaa!"
Bakuon!! 7 - "School Festival!!"
Chivalry of a Failed Knight 10 - “Witch of the Deep Ocean V.S. Raikiri!”

STILL MISSING from June 1:
Azumanga Daioh 25 - "Onwards, Entrance Exams!"
Bakuon!! 8 - "Winter Break!!"
Chivalry of a Failed Knight 11 - "Another One: The Uncrowned Sword King I!"
Matoi the Sacred Slayer 1- “I’m Possessed!” (FIRST EPISODE)
Mysterious Girlfriend X 9 - "Mysterious!"
Nurse Witch KOMUGI R 4 - "Everyone’s Ninjas at the Edo Mansion!"
Nyan Koi! 8 - "The Passionate Private Running Coach!"
Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation 7 - "Disappearance!"
Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless 9 - "Welcome to Wickey-D’s!"
Trinity Seven 6 - "Dark Mage and Big Event!"
Tsuritama 8 - "Joyous Fighting!"
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle 5 - "A Girl’s Wish!"
Young Black Jack 12 - “The Season of Mania!” (FINAL EPISODE)

Still hanging around
Aoharu X Machinegun, Ep 6 - exp. 3/2

Title Changes for current shows

Azumanga0101
Azumanga0102
Azumanga0103
Azumanga0104
Azumanga0105
Azumanga0106
Azumanga0107
Azumanga Daioh 08
Azumanga Daioh 09
Azumanga Daioh 10
Azumanga Daioh 11
Azumanga Daioh 12
Azumanga Daioh 13
Azumanga Daioh 14
Azumanga Daioh 15
Azumanga Daioh 16
Azumanga Daioh 17
Azumanga Daioh 18
AzumangaDaioh 19
AzumangaDaioh 20
Azumanga Daioh 21
Azumanga Daioh 22
Azumanga Daioh 23

Azumanga Daioh 26

Bakuon 01
Bakuon 02
Bakuon 03
Bakuon 04
Bakuon 05
Bakuon 06

Bakuon 09
Bakuon 10

Chivalry 01
Chivalry 02
Chivalry 03
Chivalry 04
Chivalry 05
Chivalry 06
Chivalry 07
Chivalry 08
Chivalry 09

Chivalry 12

Matoi 02
Matoi 03

GirlfriendX 01
GirlfriendX 02
GirlfriendX 03
GirlfriendX 04
Girlfriend X 05
Girlfriend X 06
Girlfriend X 07
Girlfriend X 08

Girlfriend X 10
Girlfriend X 11

Komugi R 01
Komugi R 02
Komugi R 03

Komugi R 05
Komugi R 06

NyanKoi 01
NyanKoi 02
NyanKoi 03
Nyan Koi! 04
Nyan Koi! 05
Nyan Koi! 06
Nyan Koi! 07

Nyan Koi 10

Patlabor WXIII

Perfect Insider 01

PhantasyStar 01
PhantasyStar 02
Phantasy Star 03
Phantasy Star 04
Phantasy Star 05
Phantasy Star 06

Phantasy Star 2 09

Tanakakun 01
Tanakakun 02
Tanakakun 03
Tanakakun 04
Tanaka-kun 05
Tanaka-kun 06
Tanaka-kun 07
Tanaka-kun 08

Tanakakun 10
Tanakakun 11

TrinitySeven 01
Trinity Seven 02
Trinity Seven 03
Trinity Seven 04
Trinity Seven 05

Trinity Seven 07
Trinity Seven 08

Tsuritama 01
Tsuritama 02
Tsuritama 03
Tsuritama 04
Tsuritama 05
Tsuritama 06
Tsuritama 07

Tsuritama 09

Bahamut 01
Bahamut 02
Bahamut 03
Bahamut 04

Bahamut 06

Young Black Jack 01
Young Black Jack 02
Young Black Jack 03
YoungBlackJack 04
YoungBlackJack 05
YoungBlackJack 06
YoungBlackJack 07
Young Black Jack 08
Young Black Jack 09
Young Black Jack 10
Young Black Jack 11

1 Like

I have reported the incident to DTV/AT&T via chat at about 10:20 EDT as a possible nationwide issue. I’ve been asked to check the guide again at about 11:00 EDT to see if the channel has re-appeared. Was given a ticket number in case the problem persisted, and was given permission to post it here as a reference for others to use should they have similar issues today (and they probably should, as I suspect the agent did a reset on my individual box…). The ticket number is 1-93005452402.

Update 12:10 EDT: Initial steps taken by DTV/ATT unsuccessful. Issue escalated, no estimated time for resolution - said they’d call when they think it’s resolved.

Update 16:00 EDT: No changes.

Update 09:30 EDT, 06/16/2017: No changes to original issue. Owisecup’s work-around confirmed. Plus…
During that process, a 12th program appeared that wasn’t on TAN’s June DTV schedule. “Patlabor WXIII”. Wikipedia says it’s a movie. Thanks for the lagniappe, y’all.

Update 11:00 EDT, 06/17/2017: No changes to original issue. No contact from DTV/ATT. Binge-watched all shows that I follow (plus the extra Patlabor movie) with no issues, which proves that the programming is available once you know where to find it. Will next update when conditions warrant.

Final update 10:45 EDT, 06/19/2017: Channel 1889 has re-appeared on the DTV program guide, and is also accessible directly. All appears well on the DTV front. Thanks to all who helped resolve the issue, both at TAN and ATT/DTV.

2 Likes

Time Warner, 27545 (Knightdale, NC)

Like everyone else, still having the same issues listed above. Nothing from two weeks ago still but everything else is fine, aside from the missing Tsuritama 10 and Bahamut 7.

1 Like

Same problem in California (zip 94536). Did a full reset on my receiver, no change.
Something about a software upgrade, but version 0x256 was loaded 4/1.
“Wait 24 hours for all programming to be updated.”
-Joe

1 Like