AN Forums

Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2018)

As @Slowhand hasn’t mentioned it, just wanted to check. The October SVOD schedule hasn’t been loaded yet, has it?

Gah, I guess it hasn’t. I’ll check first thing tomorrow.

Timer warner/spectrum Phoenix, NY 13135
I received this weeks update so I am good.

SVOD Users

Requested October updates.

Spectrum (TWC) Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for October 4, 2018:

Heaven’s Memo Pad 7 - “All I Can Do!”
Heaven’s Memo Pad 8 - “I Don’t Believe in Fate!”
Magical Warfare 1 - “Midsummer Magical Girl!” (FIRST EPISODE)
Magical Warfare 2 - “Another World!”
Medaka Box 3 - “Box 3: None of Your Business!!/As You Wish, Medaka-san!!”
Medaka Box 4 - “Box 4: Make Your Choice!!/If You’re Going to Make a Wish!!"
Princess Resurrection 1 - “Princess Resurrection!” (FIRST EPISODE)
Princess Resurrection 2 - “Princess Destruction!”
Student Council’s Discretion Level 2! 9 - “The Student Council Chases!”
Student Council’s Discretion Level 2! 10 - “The Student Council Doesn’t End!” (FINAL EPISODE)
Windy Tales 9 - “Father’s Motorcycle!”
Windy Tales 10 - “The Earth’s Last Day!"
Yozakura Quartet 12 - “Cherry Blossoms Scatter!" (FINAL EPISODE)
(ALL RECEIVED)

Report for October 4th 2018

Received

Beyond the Boundary the movie 1

Beyond the Boundary the movie 2

K-ON Season 2 episodes 1, 2, and 3*

Not Received

Any missing new programs are unknown at this time, due to unuploaded October Schedule.

LIST

All devices

Haikyu Season 2 Episodes 14 - 25

Akame Ga Kill Episodes 14 - 26

Rin-ne Season 1 Episodes 13 - 25

Log Horizon Season 1 Episodes 14 - 25

Log Horizon Season 2 Episodes 14 - 25

To Love Ru Season 1 Episodes 14 - 26

Nobunaga The Fool Episodes 13 - 24

Fate/Stay Night Episodes 3, 7, 11, and 13 -24

The Ambition Of Oda Nobuna Episodes 8 and 12

Master box and Mini boxes

Log Horizon S1 ep3

Nobunaga The Fool episodes: 1, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12

Strange K-ON listings
Season 1 episode 10 is listed as Season 2 episode 16. The actual S2 ep16 can be selected as well, via “Watch options”.

Season 1 episode 8 (which is now available) still has the incorrect S2 EP 8 listing available under “Watch Options”

Programs with incorrect runtime
These episodes are all inclusive. X1 App, Master Box and Mini boxes

Ika Musume S1 ep 11 I Ink That’s A Doll +2: 16min

Arch Angels the Movie 66 min

Hakiyu S1

1. Episode 10 Yearning 12 min
  2. Episode 11 Decision 14 min
  3. Episode 12 The Neko-Karasu Reunion 17 min

Corrupt Episode Files
Dynamic Chord ep 10: Video cuts out when characters talk, but subtitles and Anime Network logo stay displayed.

Programs with improperly timed subtitles
DamePri Anime Caravan ep1 (Starting at 6:43 and continuing through through the rest of the episode, the subtitles are one line behind the dialogue

NEW!!!
Strange K-ON listings #2

Episodes 1, 2, and 3 of season 2 are listed under their respective season 1 titles, as the other “Strange K-ON listings”

Notes

K-ON season 1 is set to expire tomorrow night :cry:

Mardock Scramble# 2 will expire tomorrow night.

Comcast Xfinity Intercession City FL 33848

Edit
@slowhand

The SVOD schedule has been uploaded:

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Blog/20181004891/october-18-hd-announcements-comcast-cox-atat-shaw-verizon-rogers-frontier

Everything is there for this week :+1:

Also, kinda looking forward to seeing MonMusu censored this month :thinking:

October 2018 SVOD Blog

I didn’t get a chance to report last weeks schedule arriving due to my internet being wonky for a few days :expressionless:.

After that I had to figure out how I could make the SDanime look good on a new HDTV set since my old SDtv set died last week after it served me well for 14 years :confounded:.

Anyway…Spectrum formerly TWC: Kilauea (Town), Kauai (County), HI 96754

All episodes scheduled for Oct-04-2018 have arrived:sunglasses:

Updates Received/Not Received 10/4/18 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The short version:

“That’s a big 10-4 for 10/4, good buddies!” I.e., everything scheduled arrived on Cutting
Edge
and On Demand, and as soon as I put down my CB radio and pick up my cellphone and take the time machine from the 1970s back up to the 2010s, I’ll do…

The long version:

Received:

Heaven’s Memo Pad 7 & 8

Magical Warfare 1 & 2

Medaka Box 3 & 4

Princess Resurrection 1 & 2

Student Council’s Discretion II 9 & 10

Windy Tales 9 & 10

Yozakura Quartet 12

Missing in Action:

None

Remaining Incongruously:

None

Notes:

(1) Now if only they had also run Book of Bantorra, Canaan (dubbed), and Noir (though I don’t think they have the rights to that last one) to go with Medaka Box and Princess Resurrection, we could have had the incomparable Shelley Calene-Black as five lead heroines at once…

(2)…which leads me to the following small anomaly in the listings: on Cutting Edge, the episode descriptions say that Medaka Box is subtitled, when it is in fact the English dub. .(And I was looking forward to finally hearing the original Japanese, so I could see how it stacked up with the dub–and maybe that would jumpstart that hanging project on dubs back to life.) On On Demand, the English cast is noted in the first episode description, but not thereafter. Similarly, to balance out the universe, the episode descriptions for Magical Warfare indicate that it’s dubbed, listing an English cast and director. But it’s the original Japanese, with subtitles. On Demand has it right, listing the Japanese cast (well, exactly one of them). Since the descriptions are part and parcel of the episode data, this would seem to be on AN and not Spectrum;

(3) While we’re on the subject of episode descriptions: In this case good old-fashioned Cutting Edge is fine (which is why I use it almost exclusively), but I’ve just taken a close look at On Demand, and some stuff seems screwy. Usually what you get in the episode folder hiding behind the pretty tile is a list of episodes arranged in order from bottom (oldest) to top (newest), with episode number, episode title, and description, which contains both the original episode air date and the expiration date. But there are some anomalies–the exceptions being Yozakura Quartet, Princess Resurrection, and Heaven’s Memo Pad. Yozakura Quartet and Princess Resurrection episodes have no episode numbers, just titles and descriptions–but that’s more or less OK, because they’re still in order from newest to oldest, and you still have the original airdates and expiration dates as confirmation. But Heaven’s Memo Pad episodes have no episode numbering or titles–they’re all just “Heaven’s Memo Pad”. Nor are they in chronological order. Nor do the descriptions have the original airdate. So Heaven help you if you want to watch them in order. You can still use the expiration date…but since these days AN insists on giving us our episodes Noah’s-Ark-style, two-by two, you’ve got a lot of pairs of episodes with the same expiration date–and the pairs aren’t even together in the jumbled list. Sure, you could try puzzling it out from the descriptions, or just start up all the episodes and look for episode numbers or other clues. But why should you have to? Why not have the information be correct instead of incorrect?

(4) The title, description, airdate, etc. given for Yozakura Quartet #8 is incorrect on On Demand; it’s the episode information for #3;

(5) Back on Cutting Edge, we have some series name changes (haven’t seen that in a while): “Yozakura Quartet” becomes “Yozakura” for just the last episode, Yozakura Quartet #12; “Heavens Memo Pad” becomes “Heavens Memo” for Heaven’s Memo Pad #7 and #8.

Thanks!

DirecTV Phoenix, AZ

• 13 episodes scheduled for today, 10 have arrived.
  • Everything is mistitled.
  • Medaka Box 01 can be downloaded, but still cannot be played.
  • Missing episodes:
    • Heaven's Memo Pad 07, 08
    • Yozakura Quartet 12
  • The missing episodes are again not random. It looks like these shows have been abandoned.
  • Nothing has been backfilled.
++PLS

DirecTV Indiana 46544
Ditto pls2000, with one exception: I cannot even download MB #1, let alone play it.

FVOD not only got Princess Resurrection, but it’s Dubbed???

The jelly is real this time.

From my point of view, it’s a repeat, as is Medaka Box–I’ve only seen the dubs, not the original subtitled versions. In fact, if I’m recalling correctly, everything last month was a repeat, except for Anonymous Noise, Heaven’s Memo Pad and Photo Kano, just like everything this month is a repeat except for Okamikakushi: Masque of the Wolf. But some of them have been really good repeats…

Very true. FVOD doesn’t get that many “new releases”, now does it?

On the side note though, PR Dubbed would technically be a personal repeat for me as well. The last time I saw it however was around 6 years ago…

Edit
Update to Report for October 4th 2018

Mardock Scramble 2 has gone away

K-ON Season 1 has strummed it’s last tune. (Bye bye Don’t Say Lazy :sob: )

The report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Also on report:

• DirecTV episode titles instead of anime titles (As of 5 weeks ago, this was pushed to AN Upper Management for investigation)
  • Comcast/Xfinity - content disappearing despite expiration dates
  • Comcast/Xfinity question about Collection 2s
  • Spectrum episode length.
  • FVOD schedules being out of alphabetical order
  • SVOD schedules incorrect (has shows that haven’t been received)
  • SVOD Schedules (AT&T/Xfinity/Cox/Shaw/FiOS) - Squid Girl Season 2 thumbnail broken
  • SVOD Schedules (Spectrum Charter/Optimum/Shaw/FiOS) - schedule page broken :heavy_check_mark:
  • SVOD Schedules (Frontier/Rogers/Spectrum Charter/Optimum/) - incomplete

Please let me know if I’ve missed anything!

Thanks!! :slight_smile: :confounded:

Okay…since they were expiring, I decided to check out Student Council’s Discretion II #3 & #4, to decide if I wanted to continue watching the repeats…and promptly fell down the rabbit hole. It took me a while to climb back out, er, I mean, check all the remaining episodes, the AN website, and HDive, but here’s the sitch: (1) the numbering is off, and (2) we’re missing–or rather have missed–an episode. The numbering is off because the series actually labels the first episode, “Sugasaki’s Memorial”, as “0”, the second as “1”, etc. But since AN and all its providers and their code naturally expect a first episode to be “1”, a second episode to be “2”, etc., the episodes are numbered that way in the listings. So the external numbers are one bigger than the episode numbers shown onscreen when you go into the episode. So far, no big deal. EXCEPT that this seems to have caused a screw-up in the bundling of the episodes, so that the external “Student Council 03” is the internal “3”, which is actually the fourth episode, and the external “Student Council 04” is the internal “4”, which is the fifth episode. But the titles and episode descriptions in the listings are for what would be the third and fourth episodes. So,

the Third Episode/ Listed as “Student Council 03” “The Student Council Gets Suspicious”/ actually plays “3” “The Student Council Gets a Job”, when it should play “2” “The Student Council Gets Suspicious”,

the Fourth Episode/ Listed as “Student Council 04” “The Student Council Gets a Job”/ actually plays “4” “The Student Council Collects”; when it should play “3” “The Student Council Gets a Job”,

and we don’t have the actual third episode, "“2” “The Student Council Gets Suspicious” at all. So whoever “stole the President’s delicious cake” stole the whole episode as well, to cover their tracks. Then

the Fifth Episode/ Listed as “Student Council 05” “The Student Council Collects”/ actually plays “5” “Holy War”, when it should play “4” “The Student Council Collects”,

the Sixth Episode/ Listed as “Student Council 06” “Holy War”/ actually plays “5” “Holy War”, as it should. So we have two copies of that episode, to cover up for the gap in the numbering created by the missing "“2” “The Student Council Gets Suspicious”.

Thereafter, the numbering is what it should be, with the external number in the listings being one greater than the internal number in the episode, and the titles and descriptions matching up with the episode content (at least as much as they ever do).

I know this is confusing,but I hope I’ve made it tolerably clear…

Thanks!

Report for October 11th 2018

Received

Yamishibai Collection 1 episodes 1 through 13 (Ok. 6 minute long episodes, meaning this can easily be marathoned on Halloween :wink:)

Psychic Detective Yakumo Complete Series episodes 1 through 13

Not Received

LIST

All devices

Haikyu Season 2 Episodes 14 - 25

Akame Ga Kill Episodes 14 - 26

Rin-ne Season 1 Episodes 13 - 25

Log Horizon Season 1 Episodes 14 - 25

Log Horizon Season 2 Episodes 14 - 25

To Love Ru Season 1 Episodes 14 - 26

Nobunaga The Fool Episodes 13 - 24

Fate/Stay Night Episodes 3, 7, 11, and 13 -24

The Ambition Of Oda Nobuna Episodes 8 and 12

Master box and Mini boxes

Log Horizon S1 ep3

Nobunaga The Fool episodes: 1, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12

Programs with incorrect runtime
These episodes are all inclusive. X1 App, Master Box and Mini boxes

Ika Musume S1 ep 11 I Ink That’s A Doll +2: 16min

Arch Angels the Movie 66 min

Hakiyu S1

1. Episode 10 Yearning 12 min
  2. Episode 11 Decision 14 min
  3. Episode 12 The Neko-Karasu Reunion 17 min

Corrupt Episode Files
Dynamic Chord ep 10: Video cuts out when characters talk, but subtitles and Anime Network logo stay displayed.

Programs with improperly timed subtitles
DamePri Anime Caravan ep1 (Starting at 6:43 and continuing through through the rest of the episode, the subtitles are one line behind the dialogue

Modified!!!
Strange K-ON listings

Episodes 1, 2, and 3 of season 2 are listed under their respective season 1 titles.

Episode 8 of season 2 has 2 listings. 1 under each season.

Notes

Utano Prince Sama Season 2 and Yuusibu are scheduled to be removed in less than 48 hours. Expired

Comcast Xfinity Intercession City FL 33848

All episodes for this week are good.

Spectrum (TWC) Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for October 11, 2018:

Heaven’s Memo Pad 9 - “That Summer’s 21st Ball!”
Heaven’s Memo Pad 10 - “About You!”
Magical Warfare 3 - “The Magic Academy and Love Fortunes!”
Magical Warfare 4 - “Mui and Tauganashi of the Ruined World!”
Matoi the Sacred Slayer 1 - “I’m Possessed!” (FIRST EPISODE)
Medaka Box 5 - “Box 5: Win Your Earnings!”
Medaka Box 6 - “Box 6: I Don’t Expect You to Understand!"
Okamikakushi: Masque of the Wolf 1 - “Joga Town!” (FIRST EPISODE)
Okamikakushi: Masque of the Wolf 2 - “Siblings!”
Princess Resurrection 3 - “Princess Rampage!”
Princess Resurrection 4 - “Princess Negotiation!”
Windy Tales 11 - “Audition!”
Windy Tales 12 - “Cherry Blossom Time!"
(ALL RECEIVED)

Updates Received/Not Received 10/11/18 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The short version:

Received the scheduled 10/11 12 (plus one) episodes, on both Cutting Edge and On Demand.

The long version:

Received:

Heaven’s Memo Pad 9 & 10

Magical Warfare 3 & 4

Matoi 1

Medaka Box 5 & 6

Okamikakushi 1 & 2

Princess Resurrection 3 & 4

Windy Tales 11 & 12

Missing in Action:

None

Remaining Incongruously:

None

Notes:

(1) Pointless Comment of the Week: I haven’t bothered noting the “All episodes are now listed as 32 minutes, but end after 26, as usual,” because others have already done a good job of documenting that. But I didn’t expect to be watching Heaven Memo’s Pad #1 and see the runtime bar completely fill up while the episode just kept going and going and going…and then–when I stopped it during Sentai’s credits–to be told that there was still minus-16 minutes to go. I.e., it took less than zero time to watch, so I finished it before I started and gained sixteen minutes to boot.

And they say watching anime is a waste of time…

Thanks!