Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2022)

Updates Received/Not Received 3/17/22 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Sorry for the late report, and it’ll have to be a quick one–

The short version: They came, I saw, I concur… (with Shorthand’s list).

Thanks!

1 Like

The report for last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Spectrum

Reported title changes

Please let me know if I’ve missed anything!

Thanks!! :+1:

Providers Page has been updated

Upcoming March 2022 FVOD anime

March 24 - Utano Prince-sama 1000% - 13 eps (2 eps/wk)

Upcoming March 2022 SVOD anime

March 24 - Mother of the Goddess’ Dormitory - 10 eps
March 31 - Shikizakura - 12 eps

3 Likes

Optimum For Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.
Received as of 3/24/22:
Mother of the Goddess’ Dormitory - 10 eps

Current list

Cardfight!! Vanguard overDress - 12 eps
Cobra the Animation 1-13
Getter Robo Arc 1-13
Grimoire Of Zero 1-12
Bakuon!! 1-12
D4DJ 1-13
The Demon Girl Next Door 1-12
Flipper Floppers 1-13
Girl In Twilight 1-12
Girls’ Last Tour 1-12
Is the Order a Rabbit? 1-12
Is the Order a Rabbit? Season Two 1-12
Is The Order A Rabbit? Bloom 1-12
Kase-san And Morning Glories
Magical Girl Site 1-12
Matoi The Sacred Slayer 1-12
Revue Starlight 1-12
After The Rain 1-12
Ahiru No Sora 37-50
Beautiful Bones 1-12
Chihayafuru Season Three 1-24
Devil’s Line 1-12 (sub)
Dive! 1-12
Flowers Of Evil 1-13
Grimms Notes the Animation 1-12
Gugure Kokkuri-San 1-12
Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto - 13 eps
Himouto! Umaru-chan 1-12
Himouto! Umaru-chan R 1-12
Just Because 1-12
Kids On The Slope 1-12
KOKKOKU: Moment by Moment 1-12
Love and Lies 1-12
Made in Abyss: Dawn Of The Deep Soul
My Little Monster 1-13
Non Non Biyori: Nonstop 1-12
NORN9 1-12
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou 1-24
Peter Grill and the Philosopher’s Time 1-12
Place To Place 1-12
Redo Of Healer 1-12
Say “I Love You” 1-13
Scum’s Wish 1-12
Seitokai Yakuindomo 1-13
Seitokai Yakuindomo Season 2 1-13
Strawberry Marshmallow 1-12
Try Knights 1-12
TsukiPro The Animation - 13 eps
Uta no Prince Sama 1000% 1-13
Utano Prince Sama 2000% 1-13
Utano Princesama Revolutions S3 1-13
Watamote No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Not Popular! 1-12

3 Likes

Spectrum (TWC) Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for March 24, 2022:

After the Rain 3 - “Raindrops”
After the Rain 4 - “An Unexpected Shower” mislabeled as Ep 8
Chihayafuru Season 3 8 - “Poem 8: This is where all meet”
Getter Robo Arc 13 - “Final Episode: The Never-Ending Battle”
Girls’ Last Tour 3 - “Encounter / City / Streetlights”
Magical Girl Site 6 - “Fake”
Place to Place 11 - “I Look Forward to You in the New Year ~ Rice Cake Game”
Revue Starlight 11 - “We Are”
To Love Ru Darkness 2nd 4 - “Summer Festival ~The Festival Begins~”
Try Knights 10 - “Soran and Sekirei”
Utano Prince Sama 1000% 1 - “Seven-Colored Compass” (FIRST EPISODE)
Utano Prince Sama 1000% 2 - “Brand New Melody”
(RECEIVED)

STILL Missing for March 3
Frame Arms Girl 10 - “Hot Pot Day / Battle! Battle!! Battle!!!”

Title changes

• After/Rain, Eps 1-3; After the Rain, Ep 4
  • Getter Robo Arc, Eps 1-6; Getter/Arc, Ep 7, 12-13; Getter/ Arc, Ep 8-11
  • Long Riders!, Eps 1-9; Long Riders, Ep 10-12
  • Magical/Site, Eps 1-3, 5-6; Magica/Site, Ep 4
  • Revue Starlight, Eps 1-8, Revue Star., Ep 9-11
3 Likes

Updates Received/Not Received 3/24/22 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

I was planning to do an extra-long version (complete with persiflage) this week–and I still plan to–but something came up this morning that I thought I should note, so, here’s an initial report, just

The short version:

Everything listed on the website–whose return we have not yet sufficiently noted and celebrated (“Huzzah! Huzzah! Thank you, AN!”)–for this week was received on both Cutting Edge and On Demand this past Wednesday night, as usual, and it all started and played properly. And this included the right episode #4 for To Love Ru Darkness 2nd! (more “huzzahs!” and cheers all around) Which was also the only episode that had its promo and Groaning Mecha. (sighs, groans, and hisses from the crowd)

But something peculiar happened late Thursday or early Friday, because when I went into Cutting Edge this morning I found that “After/Rain 04” and #4’s blurb had been replaced by “After The Rain 08” and #8’s blurb. But no such change had occurred on On Demand–they still have it as #4. I went back into Cutting Edge and checked, and sure enough, we have a new merged episode. As for untangling the two merged episodes…so far, Ye Olde Kludge & Ye New Kludge do NOT work on Cutting Edge and nothing works on On Demand, but Ye Hokey-Pokey Kludge still works on Cutting Edge. (I’ll post the details in my update).

I still need some time to play with this, though, which means waiting 24 hours for the reset between each attempt. Which is why The long version and assorted shorts will have to wait…Sorry!

Thanks!

2 Likes

The report for last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Spectrum

Reported title changes

Providers Page has been updated

Upcoming March 2022 FVOD anime

no more new anime this month

Upcoming March 2022 SVOD anime

March 31 - Shikizakura - 12 eps

3 Likes

Quick Update to Updates Received/Not Received 3/24/22 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Okay, in case someone new to this wants to know what’s up with After the Rain #4 & #8, here’s a fresh explanation of what’s going on and another recap of what you can do about it.

What’s Going On: We have two different episodes of After the Rain jammed into the same space, and we can only get at one of them. If you want to know more about the whys and wherefores, I have a explanatory section below. But assuming you don’t really care that much, and just want to access the two episodes, I’ll cut right to

What You Can Do About It: Depending on how exactly they jammed the two episodes together, there are different situations and different solutions (and sometimes no solution at all). This is an easy one, though–all you need is access to Cutting Edge and and a remote with a Previous Channel button:

Ye Hokey-Pokey Kludge: (Note: This assumes you’re starting from scratch.)

(0) Go into Cutting Edge and start the episode labelled “After The Rain 08”. This will actually start After the Rain #4. So if you just want to watch #4, you’re done. Q.E.D. But is it’s #8 you want, then

(1) Stop the episode. You’ll be in your In Progress List with #4 listed there as “After/Rain 04”.

(2) Exit Cutting Edge. (Previous Channel Button, remember?)

(3) Go back into Cutting Edge. Everything in the In Progress list will look just same, but that’s fine, just

(4) Exit Cutting Edge again, then

(5) Go back into Cutting Edge again (it is the Hokey-Pokey Kludge, after all), and

(6) Now you should have a new line in your In Progress list: “After The Rain 08”. Select that and you get a screen that gives you a choice of

Resume SD
Restart SD
Resume SD
Restart SD
Back to List

The top Resume and Restart will play #8; the bottom will play #4.
You can see that by looking at the episode title and description at the top of the screen–the title number and the blurb will shift between #8’s and #4’s as you scroll up and down between the two sets of Resume/Restart. Choose the episode you want and enjoy.

Notes: (1) One thing that’s different this time around is that now starting another episode also counts as “exiting Cutting Edge” So you could simply stay in Cutting Edge and start some other episode and then start some other other episode, and you’d then get the second line for “After The Rain 08”.

(2) #4 & #8 share one and the same tracking bar if you access them via the “After The Rain 08” line’s Resume and Restart commands, but not if you use the “After/Rain 04” line to access #4 (which is all it accesses). So if you look at one episode via “After The Rain 08” and then use the Resume to look at the other, you’ll find yourself at the same place you left off in the other episode. But if you go into #4 via “After/Rain 04”, you won’t be synched up. The two lines in In Progress each has its own separate tracking bar now. (Oh, goody, a new toy to play with…)

(3) If you’re too quick on the trigger with the Previous Channel button, the system isn’t always fast enough to register what you’ve done. So take a breath between steps and press the buttons mindfully (Zen and the Art of Channel Changing). I speak as one who always does it too fast…

For Newbies Who Want My Best Explanation of What’s Up with This, Based on My Limited Information: More often than than you’d think, AN sends out two different episodes with more-or-less the same system “shell data”–my terminology for the data that tells the system “What episode is this?” When that happens, the system says, “Oh, you have a new copy of the episode for us!” and puts the new episode into the old episode’s slot. So, in this case, we already had After the Rain #4 and then AN later sent us After the Rain #8 out of the blue and out of order but with overlapping system data. Depending on exactly how they bundled with what data, we wind up with different results. Normally, you’d just expect the newly-sent episode to wipe out the old one, and anyone who wanted to access the old one would be simply be SOL. However, by a twist of fate we’re ILASLR. (extra credit for decrypting the new acronym). That’s because once upon a time Cutting Edge was all there was, and it had code for handling episodes that came in both SD and HD versions, and they’ve never bothered to go back and strip it out (and I hope they never do). So when we get a second sending of what seems to be the same episode, Cutting Edge goes, “Oh, must be SD and HD versions! I know what to do with that,” and puts them in separate but connected slots. (Luckily, the code doesn’t care if the “other version” is actually HD.)

So we wind up with two intact episodes. But how do we access them? Apparently the code that handled that is no longer normally accessible. But turns out that if we maneuver just right, we can usually manage to trigger just enough of that old code that used to let us choose between the HD and SD versions of an episode, and voila! we get two separate lines (and sometimes three!) in our In Progress list. What those maneuvers are varies depending on exactly how the episodes got merged in the first place–and unfortunately that seems to vary. A lot. And because I have no access to the system or the code, I’m flying blind here. So sometimes nothing I try works, and we really are SOL, but so far my success rate is pretty good (and a lot better than doing nothing and just giving up).

Also, depending on the merger, sometimes the On Demand side will pick up on what Cutting Edge has done, and we can access both of the merged episodes through On Demand as well–but not this time, apparently. (I’ve also never seen a case where we can access both merged episodes via On Demand but not through Cutting Edge.)

But why does AN sometimes send out two different episodes with overlapping system data? Usually, the answer is, “I have no idea,” but in this case, I think I know. There’s a lot of variance between how the titles of After the Rain episodes get translated on various lists. The actual titles as given onscreen in the episodes are “An unexpected shower” for #4 and “Gentle rain” for #8, and that’s the way the AN website and HDive have them. But Wikipedia, MyAnimeList, Amazon, Rotten Tomatoes, aniSearch, TVmaze and whatever-it-is Google is displaying when you search for ‘“After the Rain” episode list’ all have #4 as “Gentle Rain” and #8 as “Quiet Rain” (I suspect most of them got it from Wikipedia), while Anime News Network and IMDb differ from AN and HDive (and each other) about many of the episodes but agree that it’s #8 that is “Gentle Rain”. So someone probably used one source and someone else probably used another and decided that if we were supposed to get “Gentle Rain” we should have been sent #8 and made it so…

Thanks!

2 Likes

Schedule for March 31, 2022:

After the Rain 5 - “The Smell of Rain”
After the Rain 6 - “Light Rain”
Chihayafuru Season 3 9 - “Poem 9: And I am that very wave in this unrequited love”
Girls’ Last Tour 4 - “Photograph / Temple”
Magical Girl Site 7 - “A United Strategy”
Place to Place 12 - “Sweet Gem ~ Chocolate Vale Tudo” (FINAL EPISODE)
Revue Starlight 12 - “Revue Starlight” (FINAL EPISODE)
To Love Ru Darkness 2nd 5 - “New Move ~Two of a Kind?~”
Try Knights 11 - “Confidence and Trust”
Utano Prince Sama 1000% 3 - “Knocking on the Mind”
Utano Prince Sama 1000% 4 - “Believe Heart to the End of the World”
(RECEIVED)

EXPIRED: NEVER RECEIVED - STILL Missing for March 3
Frame Arms Girl 10 - “Hot Pot Day / Battle! Battle!! Battle!!!”

Title changes

• After/Rain, Eps 1-3, 5-6; After the Rain, Ep 4
  • Getter Robo Arc, Eps 1-6; Getter/Arc, Ep 7, 12-13; Getter/ Arc, Ep 8-11
  • Magical/Site, Eps 1-3, 5-7; Magica/Site, Ep 4
  • Revue Starlight, Eps 1-8, Revue Star., Ep 9-12
3 Likes

Updates Received/Not Received 3/31/22 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The short version:

All the episodes on the website’s schedule for this week have arrived on both Cutting Edge and On Demand, and they all start up properly. Once again, the one series voted Most Likely To Be Naked has the only episode that is tastefully bedecked in promo and Groaning-Mecha-in-the-Bay, namely To Love Ru Darkness 2nd #5.

The one new anomaly is that After the Rain #6 is listed as “After the Rain 12”: “After the Rain” on On Demand, which may make things very interesting when the real #12 shows up on April 21st, but things are already slated to get interesting next week, when the real #8 arrives.

It still feels too soon for yucking it up, so on to

The long version:

Received:

After the Rain 5 & 6

Chihayafuru III 9

Girls’ Last Tour 4

Magical Girl Site 7

Place to Place 12

Revue Starlight 12

To Love Ru Darkness 2nd 5

Try Knights 11

Utano 1000% 3 & 4

Thanks!

2 Likes

Spectrum

Reported title changes

• Requested April schedules
3 Likes

Received as of 4/7/22:
Shikizakura - 12 eps

Expires as of 4/7/22:
Ahiru No Sora 37-50
Kids On The Slope 1-12

Apologize for missing last week. I had a horrible wednesday, Threw everything off the rest of the day. Forget to check. Doesn’t seem to be new right now up new for this week. Meaning the one new one would have been up last week most likely if I look but nothing else. I will try to remember to check in the after waking later this morning to see if its changed

Current list

Cobra the Animation 1-13
Getter Robo Arc 1-13
Grimoire Of Zero 1-12
Shikizakura - 12 eps
Bakuon!! 1-12
D4DJ 1-13
Flipper Floppers 1-13
Girl In Twilight 1-12
Girls’ Last Tour 1-12
Magical Girl Site 1-12
Revue Starlight 1-12
After The Rain 1-12
Beautiful Bones 1-12
Devil’s Line 1-12 (sub)
Dive! 1-12
Flowers Of Evil 1-13
Gugure Kokkuri-San 1-12
Himouto! Umaru-chan 1-12
Just Because 1-12
Love and Lies 1-12
My Little Monster 1-13
NORN9 1-12
Place To Place 1-12
Redo Of Healer 1-12
Say “I Love You” 1-13
Scum’s Wish 1-12
Seitokai Yakuindomo 1-13
Try Knights 1-12

3 Likes

Updates Received/Not Received 4/7/22 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The long and short of it is that this time around it seems to make more sense to do
The long version first:

Received:

After the Rain 7, 8 & 12

Chihayafuru III 10

Girls’ Last Tour 5

Is It Still Wrong the Third Time Around? 1 (wild applause!)

Little Busters 1 & 2

Magical Girl Site 8

To Love Ru Darkness 2nd 6

Try Knights 12

Utano 1000% 5 & 6 & 7

The longer than the long version short version:

I’m guessing all the episodes–and then some–that we were supposed to get this week have been gotten on both Cutting Edge and On Demand. What we did get all start up properly. But were we supposed to get Utano 1000% #7? I’m pretty darn sure we weren’t supposed to get After the Rain #12!

On the merged episode front, I know I said that things might get

and so it did April 8th, a few weeks early. As expected, the arrival triggered another merged episode pair, #6 & #12, but Ye Hokey-Pokey Kludge–and only Ye Hokey-Pokey Kludge, as far as I can tell–separates them just fine. As for #4 & #8, the “official” arrival of After the Rain #8 this week has changed things a bit: Ye Olde Kludge now works to disentangle #4 & #8 on Cutting Edge, and Ye Newer Kludge now works for them on On Demand. But since Ye Hokey-Pokey Kludge still works for them, too, I see no need to waste yet more space describing the other two kludges until we need them. (I’m not so delusional as to think that we really have a lot newbies around who are breathlessly eager to find out about this stuff–I just like to have a copy of the kludges around in each year’s thread to make it easy for me find 'em.) (It would be nice to have some newbies, though–this slow Endwindlement is a bit depressing…kind of like an echo of Japan’s demographic decline.)

This week’s name change is To Love Ru Darkness 2nd #6: last week the format on Cutting Edge was “To Love Ru 405” for #5; this week it’s “To Love Ru Dark. 206” for #6. And the blurb is the one for To Love Ru Darkness #6, not To Love Ru Darkness 2nd #6.

Back at the Sentai High Sports Festival, the Decently Club is once again on the move now that the Frame Arm Girls have finally left. (The Decently Clad Club’s devious plot to use Ken and Barbie dolls from Robot Chicken to tempt Gourai et al into trying on fashion-doll-sized versions of the alien parasite clothes failed miserably when the Materia sisters…uh, never mind–the representative from Standards and Practices is frowning sternly and shaking her head… Anyway, Little Busters #1 &2 have joined joined To Love Ru Darkness 2nd #6 as the only episodes that have promos and Groaning-Mechas-in-the-Bay.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Schedule for April 7, 2022:

After the Rain 7
Chihayafuru Season 3 10
Girls’ Last Tour 5
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III 1
Little Busters! 1 blank screen
Little Busters! 2 blank screen
Magical Girl Site8
To Love Ru Darkness 2nd 6
Try Knights 12
Utano Prince Sama 1000% 5 blank screen
Utano Prince Sama 1000% 6 blank screen
Utano Prince Sama 1000% 7 – (arrived early) blank screen
(RECEIVED)

Missing for April 7
After the Rain - 8 (episode marked 8 is really Ep 4)

After the Rain, Ep 6, is now labeled as Ep 12 (still plays 6)

Title changes

• After/Rain, Eps 1-3, 5, 12(6); After the Rain, Ep 7, 8
  • Magical/Site, Eps 1-3, 5-8; Magica/Site, Ep 4
  • To Love Ru, Ep 1-5; To Love Ru Dar., Ep 6
3 Likes

Spectrum

After the Rain is a hot mess
Reported title changes

Upcoming April 2022 FVOD anime

April 7 - Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III - 12 eps (1 ep/wk)
April 7 - Little Busters! - 26 eps (2 eps/wk)
April 14 - Flip Flappers - 13 eps (1 ep/wk)
April 14 - Just Because! - 12 eps (1 ep/wk)
April 28 - Girls und Panzer Compilation: The 63rd National High School Sensha-do Games
April 28 - Happy-Go-Lucky Days (movie)
April 28 - Kokkoku - 12 eps (1 ep/wk)
April 28 - Natsu no Arashi! - 13 eps (1 ep/wk)
April 28 - Nozo x Kimi - 3 eps (2 eps then 1 ep)

Upcoming April 2022 SVOD anime

April 7 - Tsukipro The Animation 2 - 13 eps
April 14 - Little Busters! Collection 1 - 13 eps
April 21 - Tari Tari - 13 eps
April 28 - AKB0048 - 13 eps

3 Likes

Spectrum - Los Angeles - 91367

All Mar 17 updates received.
All Mar 24 updates received.
All Mar 31 updates received.
All Apr 7 updates received.
There’s also all the wrongly numbered After the Rain episodes.
Also, starting with Mar 31, the episodes glitch. I know the glitches have been happening other places, but until the last week, I’ve not experienced any.

3 Likes

Received as of 4/14/22:
Little Busters! - 13 eps
Tsukipro The Animation 2 - 13 eps

Have a safe and happy Easter weekend everyone

Current list

Cobra the Animation 1-13
Getter Robo Arc 1-13
Grimoire Of Zero 1-12
Shikizakura - 12 eps
Bakuon!! 1-12
D4DJ 1-13
Flipper Floppers 1-13
Girl In Twilight 1-12
Girls’ Last Tour 1-12
Magical Girl Site 1-12
Revue Starlight 1-12
After The Rain 1-12
Beautiful Bones 1-12
Devil’s Line 1-12 (sub)
Dive! 1-12
Flowers Of Evil 1-13
Gugure Kokkuri-San 1-12
Himouto! Umaru-chan 1-12
Just Because 1-12
Little Busters! - 13 eps
Love and Lies 1-12
My Little Monster 1-13
NORN9 1-12
Place To Place 1-12
Redo Of Healer 1-12
Say “I Love You” 1-13
Scum’s Wish 1-12
Seitokai Yakuindomo 1-13
Try Knights 1-12
Tsukipro The Animation 2 - 13 eps

3 Likes

Updates Received/Not Received 4/14/22 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Sorry guys and gals, I’m afraid it was my turn to draw the funeral card this week (what a sorry world! how ripe for the spring festivals of rebirth and renewal!), so just The short version:

Everything’s here, I think (Utano 1000 #9 may be here early) on Cutting Edge and On Demand, and everything started okay. To Love Ru Darkness 2nd #7, Little Busters # 3 &4, & Flip Flappers #1 are the only ones with promos and mechas.

Have a beautiful and blessed Easter, a joyous and redeeming Passover, and may good things flow to you wherever and however you care to receive them…

Thanks!

2 Likes

Schedule for April 14, 2022:

After the Rain 9
After the Rain 10
Chihayafuru Season 3 11
Flip Flappers 1
Girls’ Last Tour 6
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III 2
Just Because! 1
Little Busters! 3 blank screenFIXED
Little Busters! 4 blank screenFIXED
Magical Girl Site 9
To Love Ru Darkness 2nd 7 blank screenFIXED
Utano Prince Sama 1000% 7 – (arrived early 4/7) blank screenFIXED
Utano Prince Sama 1000% 8 blank screenFIXED
Utano Prince Sama 1000% 9 (arrived early) blank screenFIXED
(RECEIVED)

Missing for April 7
After the Rain - 8 (episode marked 8 is really Ep 4)
After the Rain, Ep 6, is now labeled as Ep 12 (still plays 6)
Little Busters! - 2 blank screenFIXED
Utano Prince Sama 1000% - 5 blank screenFIXED
Utano Prince Sama 1000% - 6 blank screenFIXED

Title changes

• After/Rain, Eps 1-3, 5, 12(6); After the Rain, Ep 7, 8(4), 9, 10
  • Magical/Site, Eps 1-3, 5-9; Magica/Site, Ep 4
  • To Love Ru, Ep 1-5; To Love Ru Dar., Ep 6, 7
3 Likes

Spectrum

After the Rain is a hot mess
Reported title changes

Upcoming April 2022 FVOD anime

April 28 - Girls und Panzer Compilation: The 63rd National High School Sensha-do Games
April 28 - Happy-Go-Lucky Days (movie)
April 28 - Kokkoku - 12 eps (1 ep/wk)
April 28 - Natsu no Arashi! - 13 eps (1 ep/wk)
April 28 - Nozo x Kimi - 3 eps (2 eps then 1 ep)

Upcoming April 2022 SVOD anime

April 21 - Tari Tari - 13 eps
April 28 - AKB0048 - 13 eps

3 Likes

Received as of 4/21/22:
Tari Tari - 13 eps

Expired as of 4/21/22:
Grimoire Of Zero 1-12

Current list

Cobra the Animation 1-13
Getter Robo Arc 1-13
Shikizakura - 12 eps
Bakuon!! 1-12
D4DJ 1-13