Anime Suggestions!

Reideen

Saiga is a normal high school student with a gift in mathematics. His daily routine is disrupted when his family gets news that his Father’s remains have been discovered- a noted archeologist and researcher who had gone missing while exploring a site many years before. Among his remains were notes and artifacts that needed to be identified by the family near a notable triangular mountain in Japan known as “Japan’s pyramid”, a place suspected by some to be man-made. A meteor containing a strange robotic lifeform falls from the sky and begins to cause destruction, putting Saiga in danger and causing a mysterious bracelet from his father’s research to activate and merge him with an ancient robot burried within the pyramid- a robot the runes describe as Reideen. It is now up to Saiga and guardian Reideen to fight against this unknown alien threat from the sky.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

There is an estimated 70% or higher possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. In 2012, Mirai, a middle school freshman girl, goes to Tokyo’s artificial Odaiba Island for a robot exhibition with her brother Yuuki at the start of summer vacation. A powerful tremor registering 8.0 on the JMA scale emanates from an ocean trench, the famed Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge crumble and fall, and the landscape of Tokyo changes in seconds. With the help of a motorcycle delivery woman named Mari who they meet on Odaiba, Mirai and Yuuki strive to head back to their Setagaya home in western Tokyo.

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/11/28715.jpg

Makoto Niwa is a high school boy who, since his parents are away on business, lives with his aunt’s family. It is there he meets his mysterious cousin of the same age Erio Touwa—who happens to tie a futon around her upper body and is a self-proclaimed alien. Her staple food is pizza. Erio had been missing for half a year and was found floating in the sea. She doesn’t remember anything about what happened during that period of time, but she began to think that it was the act of an alien and wanders the neighbourhood wrapped in the futon.

**Shinigami no Ballad: momo the girl god of death **

A girl wrapped in white, her name is Momo…in her hand lies a blunt yet shiny scythe. By her side is a wingged black cat by the name of Daniel. Carrying the souls of humans, the girl’s existence parallels to that of a “Death God” or “Shinigami”. At the instant when this white Death God touches the hearts of humans, the world is filled with kindness and grief…

To be honest im surprised with how popular they are that Naruto and Bleach havent been added…

Naruto and Bleach are owned by Viz, which doesn’t license shows to Anime Network. Also, Bleach airs on Cartoon Network which would preclude it in most cases from airing on another channel.

[quote=“tonka” post=121979]
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko[/quote]

This one actually kind of surprises me that Sentai hasn’t picked it up yet.
Being a Starchild series, it’s one of only a few recent titles that doesn’t have the Sentai name attacted to it.
Mawaru Penguindrum is another recent one that I was surprised Sentai hasn’t picked up.

I’ve always wanted: Asura Cryin both seasons, Nogizaka Haruka both seasons, and Kamisama dolls (I hear it didn’t do too well in Japan so it might be cheap) Magicians Academy is hilarious. There is Ladies vs. Butlers for ecchi stuff. That’s all I can think of. :slight_smile:

While perusing the various cover threads on FP, I came across some shows that I’d think would be sweet to have, here in R1-land…

GYO
http://anime-san.com/Crest/images/2012/02/Gyo-OVA.jpg

Okinawa is taken by an influx of disturbingly bizarre walking fishes that are leaving the ocean and are heading to the cities. Amid this freakish event, a girl named Kaori loses contact with her boyfriend Tadashi who lives in Tokyo. She heads to the capital to try to locate him only to find out that the metropolis has been taken over by the fish and their foul stench.

Ocean Waves

Ocean Waves is high school love story set in Kochi, Japan. Morisaku Taku and Matsuno Yutaka are best friends when a girl from Tokyo named Muto Rikako transfers to their school. Excluding herself from group activities, she’s eventually labeled a snob. Matsuno has a crush on Rikako, so it’s no surprise that he gets a little jealous when Morisaku and Rikako start spending more time together. The rumors around school get worse, but Morisaku still insists there is nothing between him and Rikako.

Colorful

Upon reaching the train station to death, a dejected soul is informed that he is ‘lucky’ and will have another chance at life. He is placed in the body of a 14-year-old boy named Makoto Kobayashi, who has just committed suicide. Watched over by a neutral spirit named Purapura, the soul must figure out what his greatest sin and mistake in his former life was before his time limit in Makoto’s body runs out. He also has a number of other lesser duties he must complete, such as understanding what led Makoto to commit suicide in the first place and learning how to enjoy his second chance at life.

P.S. This is not the panties one that ADV released a few years ago…

I would love to see Colorful or Ocean Waves brought over someday. However, it seems the Disney deal sort of complicates that one. However, a new company nabbed From Up On Poppy Hill, so anything is possible.

Wolf Children

Bandai got The Girl Who Leapt Trough Time, Funi grabbed Summer Wars…now it’s Sentai’s turn.

[quote=“tonka” post=123285]While perusing the various cover threads on FP, I came across some shows that I’d think would be sweet to have, here in R1-land…

GYO
http://anime-san.com/Crest/images/2012/02/Gyo-OVA.jpg

Okinawa is taken by an influx of disturbingly bizarre walking fishes that are leaving the ocean and are heading to the cities. Amid this freakish event, a girl named Kaori loses contact with her boyfriend Tadashi who lives in Tokyo. She heads to the capital to try to locate him only to find out that the metropolis has been taken over by the fish and their foul stench.

[/quote]

I want to see Gyo so bad. :cheer: I remember seeing a trailer somewhere for it, and it was amazing.

Being an Old School Fan I’d like to see

Yamato: 2199

Funimation just recently announced the License for the Yamato: Rebirth movie that came out in 2009.

So I’m hoping it does well enough, for them , or someone else, to bring over Yamato: 2199

[quote=“Series5Ranger” post=123537]
Funimation just recently announced the License for the Yamato: Rebirth movie that came out in 2009.[/quote]

There’s also a chance they brought that over in preperation for getting (or already got) 2199.

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=123539]

[quote=“Series5Ranger” post=123537]
Funimation just recently announced the License for the Yamato: Rebirth movie that came out in 2009.[/quote]

There’s also a chance they brought that over in preperation for getting (or already got) 2199.[/quote]

Having seen the first 6 episodes of the remake, I can honestly say that if you’ve seen Star Blazers, This totally blows it out of the water, in my opinion. It’s that good.

Hopefully the series will Finish on a strong a note as these First 6 episodes have shown. Will definitely buy the set if it is released here.

Rurouni Kenshin? Personally, one of my all time favorites.

It’s been mentioned before in this thread, and the answer is still the same.
Rurouni Kenshin is currently still a Media Blasters license.

I can’t believe you hate dubs. The think is, even when anime is dubbed, don’t forget that you always have the option for the sub version. So the anime should be bi-lingual audio.

One I’d really like to see would be Azumanga Daioh (I know it was an ADV release, does Sentai have the license for it?)

I thought I saw it on VoD before (was part of the free content that the SVOD folks get). Might be a VoD only show (like Eyeshield 21), or the ADV license expired and Sentai needs to pick up the license for it to appear here again.

No one knows at the moment. Last time they had shows vanish for this long was Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. Those both ended up with Funimation. Though it could just be a hick-up with re-licensing or something. I’m honestly getting worried at this point in time.

Windy Tales

**Seitokai Yakuindomo **