AN Forums

Anime Suggestions!

The Japanese remade Avatar: The Last Airbender?

What makes the other boys abnormal?

Here’s a few ideas:

1. Dennou Coil
    I can’t find any reference to this being licensed in North America, despite being a critical success and award-winner in Japan, and a heck of an anime.

2. There are a number of great old titles that were licensed by AnimEigo. I’ve read that a number of the licenses have lapsed, and if those licenses are for the titles that AnimEigo has discontinued, could this possibly mean that…
    a) Kimagure Orange Road is available?
    b) You’re Under Arrest! (the first series) is available?
    and c) (could it be?) Urusei Yatsura is available?

3. It’s only an ONA, and only two episodes have released so far out of six total planned, but Kyousogiga is an absolute hoot. Any chance of streaming this, ever?

Based on the http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=306404 of http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-07/animeigo-youre-under-arrest-license-ends-in-january, it appears that the cost of re-licensing after 10 years got to be too much.

[quote=“SpaceCobraJoe” post=127063]

Based on the http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=306404 of http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-07/animeigo-youre-under-arrest-license-ends-in-january, it appears that the cost of re-licensing after 10 years got to be too much.[/quote]

It’s a moot point, as it turns out. I could have sworn that when I looked, TAN only had seasons 2 & 3, but I now see they have season 1 already. Although I would like to imagine my opinion has freakishly powerful sway around here, I’m pretty sure the real story is I just failed to see it before posting.

So I will launch off on another windmill-tilting quest:

http://www.aicanime.com/products/gallforce/images/gallforce_bg.jpg

Did anyone pick up the Gall Force licensing during the CPM fire sale a few years back? The premise was a bit goofy, but I’ve always had a warm spot in my heart for the original (and much better looking) Luffy and her pals.

Yes really. Evangelion is superb!

I would like to make a few suggestions on possible shows that Sentai could acquire. Both of them already had thier first seasons released by other companies, but had their licensing terms run out, so I was wondering if Sentai might consider them as possible “pick-ups”.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
It was licensed by Geneon Entertainment, but I am sure we all know now that they went under a while ago. Both the first season and A’s were released over here, however the third season and the movies (2-3 I think) have not made their way over to the Americas (or the UK, I believe).

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
Another title that was from Geneon, but was shared as a joint release with Funimation holding many of the rights. Geneon went down, and Funimation’s license ran out last year, and have made it abundantly clear that they do not intend to get the show and “will never buy the license to the sequels or any other title that bears even a minor resemblance.” Both the second season (Kai) and the OVAs (Rei/Kira) have never been released over here, and from what I hear they are relatively inexpensive compaired to other licenses.

I would be very appreciative if Sentai would look into these titles as possible acquisitions. :3

Sword Art Online. Yes, I know it’s still in production…

SAO has been licensed by Aniplex of America, so the chances of it showing up here are extreme slim. I suppose its still technically possible, but it’s not very likely.

The World God Only Knows Season 2 is sure taking its sweet time getting here. I’m surprised it isn’t here already.

What do you mean by ‘here’? The Online Player? or what?

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]Snowy Stampede wrote:

What do you mean by ‘here’? The Online Player? or what?[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing back a few weeks ago when I posted about it. It would be nice if it hits the online player soon since Sentai already has the rights to it I believe. Also, I think Crunchyroll still has the streaming rights to the subbed version.

But, I’m sure you already have seen it… just a thought. It would be nice if the dubbed version made it here soon though… whether it be on the online player or on VOD.

[quote=“Lumis” post=129855]Slowhand wrote:

What do you mean by ‘here’? The Online Player? or what?
I was wondering the same thing back a few weeks ago when I posted about it. It would be nice if it hits the online player soon since Sentai already has the rights to it I believe. Also, I think Crunchyroll still has the streaming rights to the subbed version.

But, I’m sure you already have seen it… just a thought. It would be nice if the dubbed version made it here soon though… whether it be on the online player or on VOD.[/quote]

Sentai licensed both Seasons 1 & 2 at the same time.
Both were announced to be Englished Dubbed, but no word yet on when Season 2 will be on VOD or OP.

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]Sentai licensed both Seasons 1 & 2 at the same time.
Both were announced to be Englished Dubbed, but no word yet on when Season 2 will be on VOD or OP. [/quote]

It may be too soon for the reason that season 1 has just wrapped up on VOD for its second showing. Of course this is just speculation… thanx for the intel though.

[quote=“Lumis” post=129865]Slowhand wrote:

[quote]Sentai licensed both Seasons 1 & 2 at the same time.
Both were announced to be Englished Dubbed, but no word yet on when Season 2 will be on VOD or OP. [/quote]

It may be soon for the reason that season 1 has just wrapped up on VOD for its second showing. Of course this is just speculation… thanx for the intel though.[/quote]

It’s quite possible that TAN doesn’t have rights to season two yet, and it could be some time before they acquire them. They don’t automatically get rights to any show that Sentai acquires. Many Sentai shows have never aired on VOD, and even a few have never hit the online player.

Considering they haven’t said anything regarding season two, and they reran season one already, it’s very likely they don’t have season two yet, or recently acquired it and haven’t been able to add it to the schedule yet.

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]It’s quite possible that TAN doesn’t have rights to season two yet, and it could be some time before they acquire them. They don’t automatically get rights to any show that Sentai acquires. Many Sentai shows have never aired on VOD, and even a few have never hit the online player.

Considering they haven’t said anything regarding season two, and they reran season one already, it’s very likely they don’t have season two yet, or recently acquired it and haven’t been able to add it to the schedule yet.[/quote]

Very true… however it all seems to be speculation though. I do hope that they have the content license at least within their grasp and that the series will air soon on either of TAN’s outlets.

Dream Eater Marry is an example of a series that TAN only had the rights to show on VOD only. When all that switchover mess happened back in May… I was never able to see the last episode… RAGE! As far as anime suggestions go… it would be great if TAN could acquire the streaming rights to that series. Or at the least, reshow that series via VOD… just a thought.

[quote=“Lumis” post=129890]dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]It’s quite possible that TAN doesn’t have rights to season two yet, and it could be some time before they acquire them. They don’t automatically get rights to any show that Sentai acquires. Many Sentai shows have never aired on VOD, and even a few have never hit the online player.

Considering they haven’t said anything regarding season two, and they reran season one already, it’s very likely they don’t have season two yet, or recently acquired it and haven’t been able to add it to the schedule yet.[/quote]

Very true… however it all seems to be speculation though. I do hope that they have the content license at least within their grasp and that the series will air soon on either of TAN’s outlets.

Dream Eater Marry is an example of a series that TAN only had the rights to show on VOD only. When all that switchover mess happened back in May… I was never able to see the last episode… RAGE! As far as anime suggestions go… it would be great if TAN could acquire the streaming rights to that series. Or at the least, reshow that series via VOD… just a thought.[/quote]

Dream Eater Merry is on the SVOD 45 schedule for December BTW. Starts on the 20th. Don’t know what schedule you’re on though. Too lazy to look it up.

miquelfire wrote:

You no good lazy dog… just kidding! Well, that would be good news if I wasn’t on a FVOD 30 system. But hey, I just got the system back after too long so I can’t complain too much.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Please license Yuru Yuri in the future and Muv Luv Alternative Total eclipse.

I nominate the following grrlll pow3r 3-some…

**Carried by the Wind Tsukikage Ran **

Kamichu

Samurai Girl Real Bout High School

Sumomomo Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth