Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin

You only need a TV subscription if you don’t want to wait for them to make it Free.
Which I believe is a month and a half later after it premieres (or somewhere around there).

CN has an “HBOGo” equivalent? I was unaware. I knew that they had streaming, just not that they had “primo” streaming for channel subscribers.

I caught Space Dandy on Demand when I had access but I ultimately just watched that one in Japanese. I’ll try harder with the VOD plan for Titan since there isn’t the Japanese fallback plan…well, there is, but you know what I mean :slight_smile:

I guess you should pay more attention to what I post, especially when you post right after my post.

:laugh:

It would have been funnier if my post had been about the HBOGo clone as opposed to a completely unrelated comment about the dub though.

In the spirit of the legendary Rumsfeld quote, it was a known unknown and then it became an unknown known.

I actually quite enjoyed this dub. It gave it a Game of Thrones-y vibe more so than before, so much so that I’m actually looking forward to ep. 2.

Congrats to Mike McFarland for wresting the title of “weakest Funimation dub director” from Zach Bolton. His dub of Shiki had some issues with forced, stilted delivery but this is in a whole 'nother league.

Clearly Funimation wanted a Bang/Zoom style dub on this one. I can only conclude that hiring Bang/Zoom to do this wasn’t an option and that’s why they had to do this.

Funimation, “Why u do this?”

It looks like it’s going up on FUNi’s site for EVS as well.

So it looks like funi got it right on the third try. Cool.

Attack on Titan Hiatus

Don’t worry, Armin! This is only temporary! Attack on Titan WILL be returning to Crunchyroll! For the next few months, however, the following episodes will be unavailable on Crunchyroll during the following periods:

Episodes 1-13: May 20, 2014 – August 19, 2014

Episodes 14-25: September 9, 2014 – December 9, 2014

Funimation Offers New Despair-Ridden Attack on Titan T-Shirts

posted on 2014-05-08 17:30 EDT

That is hilarious.

Anime Boston - Attack on Titan Interview - Clip

Wow, that YouTuber’s comment about Trina’s laugh in this video is spot on. Must be the recording setup + acoustics of the room causing her to have that sound. Sounds like the mic is being overwhelmed.

…I don’t see how this relates in any way to Game of Thrones. I can kind of see the Battlestar Galactica thing though.

This was pretty cool, though in this part McFarland didn’t do very much.

Fans Crack the Dirty Message Hidden in Attack on Titan

posted on 2014-05-13 17:00 EDT

Totally should have owned it. I would have applauded them for embracing it but this “I’m sorry, but it is this unknown scapegoat who should bear the blame” sounds wishy washy to me.

Maybe it was the translation, but the raunchy comments seemed really lame to me. Like something that even a 5 year old would say “Really? Is that the best you’ve got?” to.

Still seems odd that the Manga can have dismemberment, graphic death and promote violent beat downs and lethal vigilantism but suddenly the flags get thrown when a really lame prurient message is hidden in the text.

Attack on Titan Fan Recreates Opening Anime With Pencil Drawings — A Whole Stack of Them

posted on 2014-05-09 13:35 EDT
Fan also recreated Sword Art Online’s opening with 368 drawings

Preorders begin for Attack on Titan iPhones cases

May 14, 2014

Attack on Titan - Official Clip - Titans are in it for the Kill

Anime Boston - Attack on Titan Premiere - Clip

American teens share their reactions to Attack on Titan