Anime Expo News

Multiple threads have been merged to create this thread

This is the Anime Expo News thread.

Effective April 2, 2015

Only post article/news/notes about Anime Expo conventions OR about anime that doesn’t already have an existing thread.

Anything posted here that already has an existing thread will either be moved to that thread or deleted. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Anime Expo 2010
Anime Expo 2011
Anime Expo 2016

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

I’ll leave it to others to follow up on most of the news, but since this is such a huge announcement, I figured I’d start the thread.

Bandai adds K-On!..

AX 2010: Bandai Entertainment Adds K-ON! Anime

I’d rather Sentai Filmworks have gotten it instead of the company of delays and disc problems. If they use Bang Zoom for a dub I am passing to I can get it cheap.

I figured this was going to be their AX announcement. When I heard who had lost this at the last minute, I figured it was the title Bang Zoom was referring too. I suppose it’s better them than that other Texas company at least. I would much prefer a BZ dub as opposed to whatever they would whip up.

From the update the article looks like a dub is not certain. I would like a dub but honestly not sure if the sales would really support it. I plan to buy it either way. As for Bang Zoom I enjoy their dubs so would like to see them do it.

As long as Bandai releases it before the end of Dec. 21, 2012 I’m good.
Unfortunately it’s not (um…hello, it’s BANDAI, duh), so I’m not good.
:frowning:

But no fret, after Bandai releases it to lackluster sales and decides on not licensing season 2, Sentai (or Nozomi) will swoop down…KAW!!!..and finish the rest for us.
:wink:

Is it just me or does them getting K-on seem like the final year of Geneon USA. Licensing stuff to hope something hits and keeps them going?

As long as that means Sentai is going to get ALL the Gundam series, I’m fine with it.

Is Sentai or Anime Network at AX??

Highschool of the Dead licenses to be Revealed at AX

And unless they ment ‘by another company not there during the con’, there goes my HotD theory.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

Is Sentai or Anime Network at AX??[/quote]

Not as far as I know.

Oh if people want to keep a eye on things.
This is the best live blog for it.
http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=1&refresh=1&scroll=74

[quote=psychopuppet]
Not as far as I know.[/quote]

I didn’t think so.
Which means, like I said, unless they ment ‘by another company not there during the con’ rather than ‘by another company later in the convention’ my theory is blown.

Though if Sntai/TAN did get it, I find it rather rude of Geneon to blow all the build up and work that TAN is going through on this.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

[quote=psychopuppet]
Not as far as I know.[/quote]

I didn’t think so.
Which means, like I said, unless they meant ‘by another company not there during the con’ rather than ‘by another company later in the convention’ my theory is blown.

Though if Sentai/TAN did get it, I find it rather rude of Geneon to blow all the build up and work that TAN is going through on this.[/quote]

Note: Aniplex has a panel at 8:30pm PST tonight I’m thinking they are the distributor which means they will be announcing who they licensed it to. They have a bad habit of spoiling things to.

Geneon Universal more or less let it slip that Funimation licensed the rest of Hellsing Ultimate , Black Lagoon , and Railgun. They said they were not sure ,but I have a feeling its true.

[quote=psychopuppet]
Geneon Universal more or less let it slip that Funimation licensed the rest of Hellsing Ultimate , Black Lagoon , and Railgun. They said they were not sure ,but I have a feeling its true.[/quote]

Pfft.
As happy as I am about hearing BL:RBT getting licensed, that’s just way rude.
They really need to learn to keep their mouth shut.

Actually if you read the posts from the panel, there seems to be a lot of mis-communication, or perhaps mis-translations. Now, it seems like Geneon Universal may do a Kadokowa type of deal and hold onto the licenses while others distribute them. But I could see them easily mixing up the two, or whoever is posting doing the same. They may be using the two words interchangeably which could be causing the confusion.

Though I’m sure Funimation will end up AT LEAST distributing Hellsing Ultimate.

I also see Aniplex has a panel scheduled tonight. I wonder if they may accidentally slip another Sentai license :stuck_out_tongue:

Well Sentai has it and will be dubbing.

With a new backgound and everything!

I like the [quarantine] everywhere…lol Nice touch there!

By the way, some forum posters who attended the Geneon panel are now saying that they clearly meant they are only allowing their titles to be licensed again. They are not producing any of the localizations and they don’t even have a US office. Dubs will only be produced if the the company acquiring the license wishes to make one. So either Geneon USA has completely shut down officially, or they are indeed separate from Geneon Universal.

Also, Funimation has confirmed Railgun, Black Lagoon and Hellsing Ultimate via their twitter account.

I think this may be the title Nozomi was saying someone may not be happy about:

[quote]OMG Nozomi got Soranowoto!

HOLY S**T AND UTENA![/quote]

(edited for language)

Nozomi has Utena with the remastered video.