Bleach / Burn the Witch

Good pros and cons! You’re definitely our forum bleach expert. :slight_smile:

I enjoyed it, but it was definitely nowhere as interesting and unique as the first movie. One of thing I enjoyed was seeing all the various captains participate more heavily in this movie. While I’m not sure I’d watch it again, I had no qualms while watching it. It was entertaining and enjoyable from start to finish. Glad they showed this - I hope Adult Swim continues to bring movies like this.

I really enjoyed the Diamond Dust Rebellion movie. Full of action just how I like it. Time to put that in my wish list. :slight_smile:

Also liked Diamond Dust Rebellion and plan to get the DVD.

Great set of pros and cons.

I, too, was waiting for Hitsugaya to correct Ichigo, but it did make for a great last line.

And, I was under the impression at the beginning of the movie that Hitsugaya was going ‘undercover’, boy, did I call that wrong. He was just taking care of business on his own.

As far as Ichigo being knocked down after one hit, this seems to happen often, and I always put it down to his inexperience. It’s like he’s always surprised when it happens and then after that he’s stronger and better, it just takes that first shot to knock him down.

And Ikkaku cracks me up, ‘Nobody pay any attention to me!’ or whatever he says. Right, he’s got those big-ass blades hanging over him! Too funny.

And, am I the only one that hopes that someday Yumichika gets to have a flowery bankai? :wink:

That last line was perfect, in my opinion. Hitsugaya’s attitude towards Ichigo really annoyed me, though. Even if he wanted to handle things on his own, attacking Ichigo was going too far. If it were Byakuya I could understand, but not Hitsugaya. He doesn’t seem like he’d do something like that to one of the “saviors of the Soul Society.”

Those arrancar (Ichigo said he wasn’t sure if they were visoreds or arrancar, but I doubt they were the former) said that Ichigo’s Getsuga Tensho was stronger than their two attacks combined, so I thought of it as Ichigo having the upperhand. You’re right, though, it’s not the first time that has happened.

That reminds me, there was a line in the movie where Rukia told Ichigo to use his “Tensho Zangetsu”…

If anyone is interested, I just discovered that Adult Swim On Demand has the first episode of Bleach listed.

I watched it this morning for kicks. It was… surreal.

ALSO –

I know that Wiki isn’t always reliable, but I found this:

List of Bleach episodes (season 9)
…The season began airing on April 23, 2008 in Japan on TV Tokyo and ended on October 7, 2008. The English adaptation of the Bleach anime, which is licensed by Viz Media, will air sometime in Summer 2010.”

That’s quite a wait. When I asked Renji’s VA last month about the dub, he said they were waiting on CN to pick up the next season before they resumed dubbing.

4th Bleach Film Green-Lit

posted on 2009-12-16 20:47 EST

I’m not sure how long ago, since I just happen to notice this last night and ep. 01-03 are already gone.

However, they started adding Bleach to the AS VOD starting from the begining.

Yes, I noted that back here

I did watch the first episode when it was on and it was very odd to see, but yet, kind of refreshing! :stuck_out_tongue:

Adult Swim has finally put up their new schedule:
http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/onair.html

However, after Bleach Ep #167 plays on April 17, it looks like they’re rewinding back to Episode 129.

Trivia:
The last time Ep #167 played was on November 21, 2009.
The last roll-back was to Ep #110.
This roll-back in April could all be a hoax. Who knows?

I just checked the Message Boards at AS and there’s a note at the top of the Bleach forum that says:

Re-runs @ 12:30 AM ET Saturdays. New episodes return in April.

Take it how you will.

Heard there is some hard balling going on between Viz and CN ,but that seems to happen every time.

Well, now the message says this:

Re-runs @ 12:30 AM ET Saturdays. New episodes return later this year.

Even though we already knew this from the previous post —

New Bleach No Longer Slated for April on Adult Swim

posted on 2010-03-10 08:38 EST

I’d be quite fine with it never coming back and being canceled. :stuck_out_tongue: :laugh: :cheer:

Anime Vice is saying No new to August because of production delays.
http://www.animevice.com/news/adult-swim-postpones-new-bleach-until-august/3952/

:slight_smile: :cheer: :lol: :woohoo: :silly: :laugh:

They should add another 2 years of production work. :stuck_out_tongue:

For some reason whenever a large company says “Production Delays” it is usually some sort of Bureaucratic incompatibility that seems to make no sense to us in the viewing audience. I’m gonna need time in a padded room for this withdrawl that i know is coming. :silly:

This weekend (April 17/18), Episodes 164-167 are re-playing.

Next weekend (April 24/25), we start all over with Episode #1. You read that right.