AN Forums

Bleach

[quote=Slowhand]

[quote=Snowy_Stampede]
I thought so. I haven’t enjoyed an arc this much since season 1. :slight_smile:
Do we know what the next arc will be by chance?[/quote]

We’ll be going back to Grimmjow and the rest of the Arrancars.[/quote]

Oh boy.:unsure: Eh who knows it might be good.

dont worry we r going back to the Arrancars pretty soon now tite kubo says so

I agree with others that have posted, this has been the most entertaining of the filler arcs that I’ve seen for this show. Maybe it was a combination of being interesting and not being as long as the other chunks of filler (or at least it seems that way). As intertaining as it was, I am also ready to get back to the Arrancars. :wink:

I’m guessing we can look forward to a new intro as well.

It’s hard to believe that was already November ago. Great recaps Slow!

Well today’s the day. Can’t wait. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the recap, Slowhand! I agree with Snowy Stampede, it’s hard to believe that it’s been so long since we got new, non-filler episodes. Maybe that’s because I enjoyed the new captain arc so much. But I’m really ready to get back to the main story. Ready to watch tonight!

Before any discussion and recaps, it seems fitting to post the opening for Act II of the Arrancar Arc.

[video has been terminated]

the theme song was great and well the recap was great to but if you guys watched closely it skipped some of the show when ulquiorra shifer kills ichigo then go`s to girmmjow then nitorra #5 trys to kill grimmjow and ichigo protects him

Bleach #193

spoiler

Szayel Apporo is pretty sick. I thought the cloning technique was bad enough for Renji and Uryu, but now he has those voodoo dolls, which are even worse. It’s hard to believe he’s only Espada #8 seeing how deadly his abilities are. I was upset this episode didn’t start from where #192 left off, but now I’m more intrigued with how Szayel is going to be stopped.

You know, Nel’s “secret” was kinda given away in the Forest of Menos filler arc.

[details=spoiler]Dondochakka and Pesche mention that Nel’s masked is cracked when they’re held captive by Hollows. It’s been said that Hollows with cracked mask are Arrancar/Espada, so, uh… yeah. That’s the writers’ attempt at being sneaky! =P

Here’s how the scene went (thanks to Slowhand’s post http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,7/func,view/id,6/limit,10/limitstart,110/#12714):

Dondo Chakka: "Everybody gather 'round and listen up!"
Pesche: "Some important news about our amazing younger sister!"
Dondo Chakka: "We forgot to tell you this! Our sister Nel was transformed into an Arrancar by Lord Aizen! She’s now The Great Nel!"
Nel: "Yeah!"
Pesche: “As proof, she’s wearing the Arrancar’s cracked mask!”[/details]

[quote=Mystic]
Bleach #193

spoiler

Szayel Apporo is pretty sick. I thought the cloning technique was bad enough for Renji and Uryu, but now he has those voodoo dolls, which are even worse. It’s hard to believe he’s only Espada #8 seeing how deadly his abilities are. I was upset this episode didn’t start from where #192 left off, but now I’m more intrigued with how Szayel is going to be stopped.

I was thinking that too…

spoiler

but then I realized that the other Espada probably wouldn’t be caught by his tricks, they’re much too fast and deadly to be caught by either of his two traps that we’ve seen so far. That’s why he’s #8.

[quote=Slowhand]

[quote=Mystic]
Bleach #193

spoiler

I was thinking that too…

spoiler

but then I realized that the other Espada probably wouldn’t be caught by his tricks, they’re much too fast and deadly to be caught by either of his two traps that we’ve seen so far. That’s why he’s #8.

spoiler

True. Szayel did mention he wasn’t much of a fighter as well.

On an unrelated note, Veloncia is AWESOME.

who dont like bleach…yells out loud…“haters!”

ooooo i love …toshiro…

Please don’t double post.

:ohmy: !!!

Bleach #195

[details=spoiler]I don’t think I’ve ever been happy to see Kenpachi until this episode. That nasty beating Telsa gave Ichigo gave me chills up my spine.

Nel reverting back into her child-like form was so anti-climatic! I raged. I wasn’t fond of Nel’s Resurreccion.

Dondochaka and Pesche became likable for a few minutes! Their attack looked pretty cool. Bawabawa coming out of Dondochaka mouth: mind=blown![/details]

Bleach #196

[details=spoiler]I hate you, Tite Kubo. You could have finally shown us Captain Unohana in battle, but you decide to let the bad guys, who heavily outnumbered the two Squad 4 member, run away. It’s sad that we know more about 7th Seat Hanatarou’s zanpakuto, Hisagomaru, than Isane’s Itegumo and Unohana’s Minazuki.

I’m even more interested in the battle with Espada #8 now. The battle looks like it’s already over with Szayel already creating a voodoo doll for Captain Kurotsuchi. Mayuri’s new look = creepy.

Kenpachi’s holding his own against Nnoitra. This is why I call his group “Squad Hax.”

Anyone notice the trend in the current matchups? Creepy shinigami scientist vs. creepy Espada scientist. Monotone-voiced agile shinigami vs. monotone-voiced agile Espada.[/details]

[quote=Mystic]
:ohmy: !!!

Bleach #195

[details=spoiler]I don’t think I’ve ever been happy to see Kenpachi until this episode. That nasty beating Telsa gave Ichigo gave me chills up my spine.

Nel reverting back into her child-like form was so anti-climatic! I raged. I wasn’t fond of Nel’s Resurreccion.

Dondochaka and Pesche became likable for a few minutes! Their attack looked pretty cool. Bawabawa coming out of Dondochaka mouth: mind=blown![/details][/quote]

[details=spoiler]I agree about Kenpachi, his smug face was a welcome sight.
And although the look on Nel’s face when she reverted back to child-status was hilarious, the beating she gave Nnoitra was much too short.
Dondochakka and Pesche became thoughtful and powerful for a short time, but then reverted back to their old antics…[/details]

[quote]Bleach #196

[details=spoiler]I hate you, Tite Kubo. You could have finally shown us Captain Unohana in battle, but you decide to let the bad guys, who heavily outnumbered the two Squad 4 member, run away. It’s sad that we know more about 7th Seat Hanatarou’s zanpakuto, Hisagomaru, than Isane’s Itegumo and Unohana’s Minazuki.

I’m even more interested in the battle with Espada #8 now. The battle looks like it’s already over with Szayel already creating a voodoo doll for Captain Kurotsuchi. Mayuri’s new look = creepy.

Kenpachi’s holding his own against Nnoitra. This is why I call his group “Squad Hax.”

Anyone notice the trend in the current matchups? Creepy shinigami scientist vs. creepy Espada scientist. Monotone-voiced agile shinigami vs. monotone-voiced agile Espada.[/details][/quote]

[details=spoiler]I’m on the fence about Unohana, did you see the look on her face in her last scene? Complete surprise, we may yet see something from her and Isane.

I’m also wondering about that voodoo doll of Mayuri, what kind of inside parts can it have for a guy that can turn into liquid?

Byakuya and Zommari… Byakuya (hot as always) turning this guy’s ‘magic’ against him… too cool for school.

And, yes, I did notice that trend, Mystic, scientist vs scientist; monotone vs monotone; crazy fighter vs crazy fighter. Which leads me to wonder if there’s someone comparable for Unohana…[/details]

[quote=Slowhand]

[quote=Mystic]
Bleach #196

Anyone notice the trend in the current matchups? Creepy shinigami scientist vs. creepy Espada scientist. Monotone-voiced agile shinigami vs. monotone-voiced agile Espada.[/details][/quote]

[details=spoiler]I’m on the fence about Unohana, did you see the look on her face in her last scene? Complete surprise, we may yet see something from her and Isane.

I’m also wondering about that voodoo doll of Mayuri, what kind of inside parts can it have for a guy that can turn into liquid?

Byakuya and Zommari… Byakuya (hot as always) turning this guy’s ‘magic’ against him… too cool for school.

And, yes, I did notice that trend, Mystic, scientist vs scientist; monotone vs monotone; crazy fighter vs crazy fighter. Which leads me to wonder if there’s someone comparable for Unohana…[/details][/quote]

[details=spoiler]I forgot about Captain Unohana’s reaction towards the end of the episode. There’s still hope!

I didn’t think of Captain Kurotsuchi using that in battle. Uryu hinted it as being his zanpakuto’s ability, so (if that’s true) as long as he’s quick enough to use it, he should be alright.[/details]

[size=16]News: Netflix Streams Bleach[/size]
posted on 2011-04-01 16:01 EDT
Also from Viz on streaming site: part of Honey and Clover, NANA

You really gotta love the suspense in Bleach all of a sudden. You’re watching an episode and just as you wonder if an arrancar is destroyed, the episode ends with “To Be Continued” I don’t mind those cliffhangers because it gets you more pumped up for the next episode.

This is much better than pre-Amagai.

Showing love for anime. Go Netflix!!

I think it’s safe to say after 200 episodes, Adult Swim officially makes us feel old. :smiley:

These episodes are really getting me hooked. Better and better as we go along.