Blog Archive: 2009-2014

Psychic Detective Yakumo, Amagami SS+: This Week on Anime Network

Link to the blog

The mysteries pile up this week on Anime Network, both supernatural and perhaps the greatest mystery of all: the female heart. Check out what’s coming your way this week!

Originally posted: April 16, 2013 @ 10:05pm

1 Like

Anime Network Announces May Online/VOD Lineup

Link to the blog

Today we’d like to welcome two new shows to our little family, AND introduce everyone to the May Online/VOD Lineup! Check the blog to find out what’s coming today and in May!

Originally posted: April 19, 2013 @ 11:04pm

1 Like

You know, there’s some oddities with the dates.

Colorful - The Movie and Hakuoki Season 4 (OVA) appears on VoD a week after it appears online
Mobile Police Patlabor (OVA) appears on VoD two weeks before it appears online

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and Mysterious Girlfriend X are appearing online almost 4 weeks before the street dates of their DVDs!

[quote=“miquelfire”]
You know, there’s some oddities with the dates.

Colorful - The Movie and Hakuoki Season 4 (OVA) appears on VoD a week after it appears online
Mobile Police Patlabor (OVA) appears on VoD two weeks before it appears online

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and Mysterious Girlfriend X are appearing online almost 4 weeks before the street dates of their DVDs![/quote]

I brought this up also, and all the dates are correct.

It has to do with the redesign mentioned in the blog.

It sounds like what I’ve always wanted, only not where I wanted it. Keep going TAN, you’re Halfway there! :wink:

Surprised on all the engilsh dubs being released here, and somewhat early too.

Same here celestial_being, this is showing a good sign at least ^_^. Going to be watching KOTS, MGX, and DMOA, an Patlabor all dubbed.

1 Like

i am guessing as usual the VOD lineup has nothing to do with FVOD, and only applies to SVOD, since FVOD didnt get things like Kenshin, etc that were mentioned.

would be nice if that was noted in the lineup that they were SVOD titles, not “OnDemand” as they are NOT OnDemand as announced. :angry:

I’m curious about the new approach for delivering shows… I like the current pace of a single episode per week. Does the “flood” mean dumping an entire series, or the equivalent of a disc, all at once ?

I’m sure the people who like to do “marathon sessions” and watching 3-4 episodes in a row for a whole evening will be crazy about it. However, I hope that having an “accelerated pace” when delivering shows also means that they’ll have a longer tenure on VOD. Just trying to keep the pace of watching X number of episodes per week is hard enough, having to speed up the process within the same time frame is basically asking to spend whatever free time you have left on VOD so you can catch up with everything.

The benefit of VOD is you don’t have to be a slave to the television, let’s hope the new process can let us stay that way. I guess we’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

My guess is that it will still be one episode a week on VoD as I think they’re only allowed to have so many shows at once.

[quote=“Sensei_Terry_Silver”]
I’m curious about the new approach for delivering shows… I like the current pace of a single episode per week. Does the “flood” mean dumping an entire series, or the equivalent of a disc, all at once ?

I’m sure the people who like to do “marathon sessions” and watching 3-4 episodes in a row for a whole evening will be crazy about it. However, I hope that having an “accelerated pace” when delivering shows also means that they’ll have a longer tenure on VOD. Just trying to keep the pace of watching X number of episodes per week is hard enough, having to speed up the process within the same time frame is basically asking to spend whatever free time you have left on VOD so you can catch up with everything.

The benefit of VOD is you don’t have to be a slave to the television, let’s hope the new process can let us stay that way. I guess we’ll see how it goes.[/quote]

The Verizon FiOS Video On Demand menu is a real pain to navigate when there are just a few shows & eps per category. I don’t think that it can handle many, if any, more.

…but the TAN website totally can. Bring on the flood of anime, end the antediluvian anime age here.

Tiny Terror: Okamikakushi, Place to Place Premiere

Link to the blog

We’re ending the week on the highest of notes, with two brand new show premieres ready for you to fawn over! Check out what’s on this week, only on Anime Network Online!

Originally posted: April 26, 2013 @ 10:14pm

1 Like

I’d like to point something out…

[quote]Episode 1 - Joga Town is now available to watch for free, in HD and in English!

[Watch] [D] [F] Okamikakushi ep. 1 - Joga Town [NEW!][/quote]

The current Ep. 01 is Subbed.
But the series is marked as Dubbed in all places on the site.
Online Player
A-Z Show Index
The blog for this thread

In fact, the DVD release scheduled for May 28 is Sub only. ( TRSI Link )

So this brings up a question…
Is this REALLY suppose to be the English version on the online player, or was that just a mistake that proliferated throughout the entire site?

You are correct sir, we had it as dubbed on the site. Corrected!

1 Like

Still marked as dubbed on the A-Z page.

[quote=“miquelfire”]
Still marked as dubbed on the A-Z page.[/quote]

That may have to be fixed on the backend, but I’ll check with Rai.

The Okamikakushi language listing on the A-Z page has been changed to subtitled.

-Mo-

1 Like

Anime Network Announces Summer 2013 Lineup

Link to the blog

The Anime Network Online Summer Lineup is HERE! Check out all the amazing shows coming your way this May on ANO!

Originally posted: April 30, 2013 @ 9:28pm

1 Like

Very impressive. :slight_smile: Now I just need to know the guest and subscriber titles.

1 Like

[quote=“Snowy_Stampede”]
Very impressive. :slight_smile: Now I just need to know the guest and subscriber titles.[/quote]

All of these titles are CR simulcasts, so they will all be Guest titles.

Excellent! I know what I’m doing this summer. :cheer:

Devil Survivor 2, Majestic Prince and Flowers of Evil are on the watch list for sure.

1 Like