Blog Archive: 2009-2014

What? No announcement of this starting May 09?

[quote=“SpaceCobraJoe”]
What? No announcement of this starting May 09?[/quote]

Well, it WAS in the newsletters, so Rai missed it in the blog… :side:

Edit: Actually, he didn’t, it was here and then didn’t repost it.

awesomeness! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Inu x Boku SS, Hiiro no Kakera & More: This Week on Anime Network

Link to the blog

This week we’ve got two all new English dubbed shows premiering, plus two old school shows, straight out of the Anime Network vaults! Check the blog to find out more.

Originally posted: April 9, 2013 @ 10:02pm

1 Like

oh ya i saw ep 1 of Inu x Boku SS,and Hiiro no Kakera (in dub) i really luved it!!

1 Like

The Soul of Music: Kids on the Slope, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia Dubbed Premiere

Link to the blog

Today we have the WORLD PREMIERES of both the Kids on the Slope and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia’s English dubs! Check them out today for free and in HD on Anime Network Online!

Originally posted: May 3, 2013 @ 11:13pm

1 Like

I just watched episode 1 of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, This anime looks like it would be good.

1 Like

OMG I SAW EP 1 AND I LUVED IT! its so on my watch list! :laugh:

1 Like

Colorful: The Motion Picture, Yuyushiki & More Premiere

Link to the blog

This week we’ve got FOUR new premieres for you guys to sink your teeth into, including the premiere of one of our Spring '13 Special Releases, Yuyushiki! Read more about it in the blog.

Originally posted: May 10, 2013 @ 9:32pm

1 Like

Now if only the first time VOD got it right once for all services would happen…since it came before ANO episodes existed it has had longer to work out the bugs in it… :whistle:

Old School, Meet the New Class: This Week on Anime Network Online

Link to the blog

Tomorrow we’ve got classic mecha mayhem with a bit of high drama to go with it. Check out which two shows will be premiering in less than a day on Anime Network Online!

Originally posted: May 14, 2013 @ 8:30pm

1 Like

My Strange Addictions: Mysterious Girlfriend X Dub, Qwaser of Stigmata II Premiere

Link to the blog

Today we’ve two naughty shows that we’re sure you can’t wait to sink your teeth into. Mysterious Girlfriend X and Qwaser of Stigmata II are now available for you do literally drool over! More details in the blog.

Originally posted: May 17, 2013 @ 11:14pm

1 Like

I thought this was going to be the June line-up.

The whole releasing all episodes online (at least for paid members) is insane.

[quote=“miquelfire”]
I thought this was going to be the June line-up.[/quote]

The June line-up Newsletters went out earlier today, though I haven’t gotten around to posting in the seperate threads yet.
Rai tends to make a blog post some time later after the Newsletters go out and have been out for awhile, so I probably wouldn’t expect it to be posted until some time next week or so.

[quote=“miquelfire”]
The whole releasing all episodes online (at least for paid members) is insane.[/quote]

What do you mean?

[quote=“celestial_being”]

[quote=“miquelfire”]
The whole releasing all episodes online (at least for paid members) is insane.[/quote]

What do you mean?[/quote]

Scroll down to the schedule to see.

from what I see, there are now throwing all the episodes of the current shows that were announced or about to be released and put them on the site like Funi. Though Funi gives viewers ability to watch sub for free and dub for paid, but TAN is still doing the single episode for guests (EX:except for Dream Eater strangley with 2 episodes). So I say its a good step. Whats everyone elses opinion?

1 Like

[quote=“bs3311”]
Whats everyone elses opinion?[/quote]

Well Funi dubs everything doesn’t it? ADV/whatever has people that like to read their TV so prefer subs, so figure they are getting the best money with charging for subs i guess. Funi makes all their money BECAUSE of the dubs. Gets more fans because of the dubs, which are willing to spend more money, while ADV still caters to sub crowd and is not doing so well cause it isn’t ADV anymore. Funi gets shows bought for airing on places like CN, while ADV struggles to get its ANO and VOD services to even have the correct episodes.

My opinion is that they are targeting different audiences and Funi’s audience is just a LOT bigger, so they have enough money to offer more, while ADV has to try to squeak by on whatever it can get, even using outmoded business model that might have worked in the 80s.

It has been a while since I saw One Piece and no need with it appearing on AS tonight, so does Funi use a 3rd party to store/stream its episodes, or does Funi have its own servers and storage and bandwidth? I thought at one time I watched a Funi show it was a Hulu player, but I don’t remember.

as an aside… Funi has web developers it seems that can actually make a website, and don’t use things like vBulletin or Joomla type software that has to have careful tweaks made to it to show things, and very strange GUI, which gives Funi a better experience to watching shows. Their webpages looks like real webpages, not a bad unknown social media package that doesn’t work right, or nobody knows how to use it on the web team.

I don’t know about subscriptions to Funi website, but the problems here could be hurting TAN. it seems everyone that tries to subscribe ends up having to email and such as the form never works.

There are things OTHER than the number of free episodes that TAN could do to get more subscribers, and the more shows like mentioned here is a good start, and getting a better video player package to stream with and making sure the website doesn’t have those virus ads, outages and such are among others.

Dumping an entire series online at once when available is a good thing for TAN so people can enjoy their time as they have it, not play Farmville and have to come back at time X:XX for the next crop to be ready… erm i mean episode to show. even if that is for subscribers only.

so TAN is slowly coming into the 21st century and getting to a point it can offer things like Funi does in volume and quality if it stays the course and doesn’t let many things break.

[/2 cents]

[quote=shadzar]
even using outmoded business model that might have worked in the 80s.[/quote]

Are you talking about TAN or Sentai, because I don’t think Sentai’s is considered “outdated”. I don’t want all dubbed content if that causes the company to license less, especially if the dub tends to be bad. There buisness model is basically licensing pounds of content, but I know there having QC control. Besides, neo-adv has been around for 5 years now so I don’t find the flaws surprising (except for KTOS).

Now TAN I consider outdated so we may have a similar opinion. All I want is an updated player with a somewhat curnchyroll style webpage and with more episode being put up.

They have a 3rd party working with there streamed content, I don’t know who works on the content though (maybe verizon).

1 Like

At the stuff people said above me:

And yet, out of all the remaining R1s around Sentai gets the bulk of my anime money, so they must be doing something right.