Blog Archive: 2009-2014

You mean to say that there’s a difference between Vanilla Ice and Justin Bieber?!

[quote=“celestial_being”]
You mean to say that there’s a difference between Vanilla Ice and Justin Bieber?![/quote]

Bieber is aimed at prepubescent girls, like Winx Club; and Vanilla Ice is aimed at teens with bad taste in their rebellion phase.

sadly, Winx Club is better than both of them. :woohoo:

oh and Secret of the Ooze was actually just going off on TV when i came and read this… it was sort of creepy…like VERY creepy. :dry:

I’ve never heard of Winx Club.

I remember that 90s turtle movie. I’d forgotten about the rap during that fight though. This movie was so less cheesy when I saw it as a kid (TBH I really only remember the “Turtles go to ‘medieval’ Japan” 3rd movie). Though I do still like the TMNT movies that don’t use CG for the Turtles better than those that do. Real actors and stunts FTW.

I thought that Bieber was just the “second coming” of Vanilla Ice. He might not have a a famous cheesy rap song that samples Under Pressure but he does look like Ice did in the video for that famous song of his. BTW I thought that any woman of any age could be a “BeLieber”…

Anime Network Online’s Summer Special Releases

Link to the blog

Our Summer Anime Special Releases have been revealed, check out what’s coming your way on Anime Network Online!

Originally posted: August 1, 2013 @ 10:03pm

1 Like

Say, what makes these releases special?

They now have yellow subtitles!

:blink: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO… :woohoo: AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

1 Like

lol. I guess that is “specialer” than white subs.

AKB0048 Droppin’ Killer Tracks on ANO

Link to the blog

The girls of AKB will be singing their cute little hearts out next Tuesday August 6th on ANO, don’t miss it!

Originally posted: August 3, 2013 @ 1:23am

1 Like

Hm…wasn’t AKB0048 supposed to start today?

1 Like

[quote=“Asrialys”]
Hm…wasn’t AKB0048 supposed to start today?[/quote]

It did start today, just a miscommunication.

According to the blog, the dub was supposed to be available on August 2nd while the subbed episodes were already available. Am I reading it wrong?

1 Like

The subbed episodes were delay casted here, meaning they appeared about a month after they aired in Japan.

Hey guys,

Just letting everyone know that AKB0048 dub is up.

Thanks for your patience,

-Mo-

1 Like

[quote=“moisme”]
Hey guys,

Just letting everyone know that AKB0048 dub is up.

Thanks for your patience,

-Mo-[/quote]

It is indeed!
As of 10PM PST (my time) last night as a matter of fact.

“…Let there be anime!”

Link to the blog

Today we’ve got two awesome special releases, plus the premiere of Soubi Yamamoto’s latest work, This Boy Caught a Merman! Check out what else is waiting for you this weekend in our blog!

Originally posted: August 9, 2013 @ 11:02pm

1 Like

[quote]ANO Delay Notifications

• The English Dub of Nyan Koi has been delayed until further notice.
  • Episode 1 of Fate / Kaleid liner Prisma Illya will be delayed.
    Please stay tuned for the updated release schedules.[/quote]

Nyan Koi, I’m wondering if Sentai is behind this. Maybe the release date of the ANO listing was too soon before the DVD/BD release for them?

Fate / Kaleid… eh I have no clue on this.

I hope they aren’t as that would be a step backwards.

[quote=“miquelfire”]

Nyan Koi, I’m wondering if Sentai is behind this. Maybe the release date of the ANO listing was too soon before the DVD/BD Release for them?[/quote]

I hope they aren’t as that would be a step backwards.[/quote]

I’m blaming Sentai on this, not Anime Network.

It’s also possible that this is getting the same treatment as Princess Resurrection in which the dub is only on VoD, but Anime Network thought they were able to stream it as well.

[quote=“miquelfire”]

[quote=“miquelfire”]

Nyan Koi, I’m wondering if Sentai is behind this. Maybe the release date of the ANO listing was too soon before the DVD/BD release for them?[/quote]

I hope they aren’t as that would be a step backwards.[/quote]

I’m blaming Sentai on this, not Anime Network.

It’s also possible that this is getting the same treatment as Princess Resurrection in which the dub is only on VoD, but Anime Network thought they were able to stream it as well.[/quote]

Ugh. I thought they had gotten past this deliberate stratification of shows between VOD and streaming. I really hope that they have.

I’d like to think that Sentai didn’t recall the streaming of the dub because of fear of disc sales being negatively impacted. That would go against several statements of David Williams at Otakon. I hope that technical reasons didn’t force a recall because technical issues just suck.

Frustratingly even the “Quit Crying, you big baby!” TAN trailer shows Princess Resurrection with subs. As if we needed another reason to show some other TAN trailers instead of that one…

It was Sentai, the https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,4/func,view/id,62801/limit,20/limitstart,20/#147534