Blog Archive: 2009-2014

If the Genes Fit: NAKAIMO English Dub Premieres

Link to the blog

The strangest game is afoot, and one wrong move could have very awkward consequences! Check out our newest dub to hit the site, NAKAIMO, today!

Originally posted: October 18, 2013 @ 8:59pm

1 Like

Hey VOD users, we need your help!

[quote=ā€œSOberā€]
Hello everyone!

We are trying to enhance your cable experiences. But in order for us to try and serve YOU better, weā€™d like to get some information about your VOD experiences to date.

Please take the following 10 question survey when you have time. Three lucky survey takers will win a goody bag of cool prizes!

You can access the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XZ99JCN

Thank you so much for your time and energy!

Best, S[/quote]
Originally posted: October 23, 2013 @ 9:54pm

I guess I should have posted here instead, Iā€™ll just copy/paste my answer here too.

Sent!

A couple of the questions were kind of awkward for me, since Iā€™m rather brand loyal, so I added a full description to those (and others).

Iā€™m going to be honest, when I saw the topic, I got a bit scared that I would have to do something with AT&Tā€™s system.

sorry. diabetic maybe, and it tried to give me cookies. not going to get killed over a survey.

but you know you could always ask directly on the forums anything in a topic and let it be open with a poll attached and forum users, being the only ones that would ever see that survey since it isnt posted on places like tumblr, twitter, etc; could then just answer the important things.

Batter Up: Little Busters! English Dub Premieres

Link to the blog

I love Fridays: the Little Busters! English dub is now live on our site! Check it out, plus catch the series finales of WATAMOTE and Sunday without God later today!

Originally posted: October 25, 2013 @ 4:15pm

1 Like

Wow 8 series ending in one week damm.
Can please tell us before Friday November 1st what the new simulcast and re-cast series are for the November AN Online player, Hulu, Roku, Game Consoles, and VOD soon.
Thank you signed samuraitower.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œsamuraitowerā€]
Can please tell us before Friday November 1st what the new simulcast and re-cast series are for the November AN Online player, Hulu, Roku, Game Consoles, and VOD soon.[/quote]

1. In the blue banner above, click on Whatā€™s On. The November schedules are up already.
  2. Before clicking on the name of your VOD provider on that page, take note of the tab marked Anime Network Online.

-Joe

Beyond the Boundary, Outbreak Company and More Coming Soon to ANO

Link to the blog

Beyond the Boundary leads a slew of new Fall anime making its way to our shores starting this weekend. Check out what else coming in November in our blog!

Originally posted: October 29, 2013 @ 9:42pm

1 Like

Canā€™t exactly say Iā€™m happy about the 1st dubbed episodes being subscriber-only. Iā€™d get if they just relegated complete dubbed series to subscribers, because thatā€™s what FUNimation still does, and itā€™s very convenient. However, as a dub fan, having to pay a monthly fee just to watch one dubbed episode is kinda pushing it. Being able to see the first episode dub as it debuts for free is much more convenient and practical than having to pay for a crap ton of other shows I probably wonā€™t even watch.

1 Like

Can you really judge a show accurately based on just 1 dubbed episode?

Thatā€™s not the problem. Thatā€™s what subs are for. Iā€™d like to see how a dub sounds before choosing which version (sub or dub) to commit to. If the dub is terrible (or if there is no dub), Iā€™d watch the subbed version for free. If the dub is at least decent, Iā€™d pay to watch it.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œMadMan400096ā€]

Thatā€™s not the problem. Thatā€™s what subs are for. Iā€™d like to see how a dub sounds before choosing which version (sub or dub) to commit to. If the dub is terrible (or if there is no dub), Iā€™d watch the subbed version for free. If the dub is at least decent, Iā€™d pay to watch it.[/quote]

I think judging a dub on just one episode is pushing it, as the actors often take a few episodes to adjust to their roles. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever heard a dub that didnā€™t have a rough first episode, and some were even downright terrible at first. Though I guess if you think someone is really badly miscast than further episodes may not change that, though my opinion of K-On!'s dub did improve with time (though I still consider it only average.)

I canā€™t think of a Bang/Zoom dub that I would say is more than ā€œaverageā€. Maybe Champloo? Dunno. What I do know is that one episode to judge a dub by seems like youā€™re doing yourself (the OP) a disservice. A year of TAN subscription can be obtained for as less than the cost of 2 Sentai releases.

Now that Iā€™m on the subject Iā€™m having difficulty thinking of a show with an actor that I thought, at least initially, was show-breakingly miscast.

So? I hate to sound like I;m bashing AN, but FUNimation still does this practice, and even having certain popular shows fully dubbed (or at least with a substantial amount of episodes) for free on their site (Case Closed, the Dragon Ball franchise, and certain other shows; they rotate from time to time).

1 Like

[quote=ā€œMadMan400096ā€]

[quote=ā€œcelestial_beingā€]
What I do know is that one episode to judge a dub by seems like youā€™re doing yourself (the OP) a disservice. A year of TAN subscription can be obtained for as less than the cost of 2 Sentai releases.[/quote]

So? I hate to sound like I;m bashing AN, but FUNimation still does this practice, and even having certain popular shows fully dubbed (or at least with a substantial amount of episodes) for free on their site (Case Closed, the Dragon Ball franchise, and certain other shows; they rotate from time to time).[/quote]

Well, TAN also has dubbed shows that entirely free to guests. However, like Funimation, these are older shows. Right now I know Godannar, Kinoā€™s Journey, and a few others are totally free. Though many of them donā€™t have the Japanese version up due to licensing restrictions.

iam excited for all the new content =3
hope theres english dubs along with em

1 Like

The New Content is very nice, but Iā€™d like to see better picture on the iphone app and I wish the site had better support of other devices. Maybe a Roku app. Just

1 Like

Family Feud: Arcana Famiglia English Dub Premieres

Link to the blog

For our premium subscribers, weā€™ve got two new dub shows to add to our library this week, including one highly anticipated title that hasnā€™t even been release yet! For our free users, weā€™ve got some Fall title premieres, including one of this seasonā€™s most exciting shows, Beyond the Boundary! Check the blog for more details.

Originally posted: November 4, 2013 @ 4:11pm

1 Like

Log Horizon, Little Busters! Refrain: Now Playing

Link to the blog

Weā€™ve got two new Fall season shows now playing over at our site today: the second season of Little Busters, and surprise hit of the Fall season, Log Horizon! Check out the details in our blog.

Originally posted: November 6, 2013 @ 10:53pm

1 Like