Books You've Recently Read

KingsoftheWyld

Awesome!

It’s the sword & sorcery/D&D equivalent of Space Cowboys meets The Expendables.

2 Likes

For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been rereading (or at least trying - my 3rd…or is it 4th time, since 2005) this:

and every time I stop because it’s too much work getting through the prose and dialogue. This time I made it to 200 pages, out of 646. I’m done with this one - it’s going into the box.

2 Likes

Sure it’s a video game novelization (a prequel), but it’s a good video game novelization. Better than the live action movie.

June 29

Good to decent Amerimecha novel.
Can see where the author took inspiration from: both east AND west.
There’s a sequel that hopefully doesn’t go off the rails, or just sinks.

11/06/19

Pulled this off the shelf and been revisiting it this past week.
And…it’s kinda boring. Not what I remember it as being.
Don’t know if I want to continue with the next two books in the series that are on the shelf (or even bother buying the rest of it)

Strong contender for Half-Price.

2 Likes

c2cd3bfda0a1eb10c4a19effafb3650e

2 Likes

2227610-gf

Haven’t finished it yet, but it’s a pretty good mystery so far.

1 Like

I am currently reading Doctor Sleep, by Stephen King. It’s a continuation of characters from The Shining, good read so far!

2 Likes

currently rereading this, and more than likely is going into the Half Price box.

2 Likes

2004 spy novel. With that early 2k self referential snark, bordering on 4th wall meta. It’s okay, but not staying on the shelf.

Meh…

1 Like

51T0nzLRd3L.SX343_BO1,204,203,200

Still have a few chapters to go. Not bad. Not great. Typical historical fiction. Story is about Alexander the Great as seen through the eyes of his lover, a Persian boy.

Good lord, this is just awful. Cringe worthy dialogue, hilariously stereotypical tropes, cliche “us vs. them” attitudes - with all the attendant bullent points: looks, attitude, ideology, etc…
Jebus…don’t know if I could, or should, continue reading this. Barely passed pg. 100, of a 369 pages.
Tom Clancy or Brad Thor he is not.
:angry:

UPDATE:
This is hot garbage. Not going to subject other fellow Half-Price customers with this dreck. I have too much respect for them.

4 Likes

I heard the audiobook Peace Talks by Jim Butcher.
Oooooo boy. My body is ready

Good video game novelizations.
Always enjoy reading them.

1 Like

The Hacker Series by Meredith Wild

1 Like

This is…still good. Kinda hokey and eye rolling at times but still a fun read. A product of its time, the prose and dialogue - but you know what: I’m glad it’s on the shelf.

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Brimstone Angels saga (6 books in all)

Screams streaming series…

1 Like

ElmSISNXgAEKZ-E

I am currently in the middle of this. It’s pretty good - a more realistic version of Robin Hood.

1 Like

After finishing Fenix Rising (next up, Thyza Returns :smirk:), still had a hankering for more Greek mythology…

Short and concise, not Hamiltons’ Mythology but gets the job done.

2 Likes