Boomerang Bash

The rebrand is getting closer by the minute. This thread will house everything Boomerang 2015 and beyond from schedule updates to news on acquisitions and new series, season renewals. A new era is beginning.

http://www.nickandmore.com/2014/12/28/boomerang-january-numb-chucks-premieres-grojband-tom-jerry-show-join/
December 28, 2014

Some of those shows remind me of Nick cartoons.

Nowadays, the shows from the original Toonami block(s) are classic (older than TAWoG for certain) so they could totally recreate Classic Toonami on Boomerang, right? Is that too much to hope for? :wink:

I think that’s what makes Boomerang the biggest network to watch in 2015 because of all the unknowns. More anime, an action block, etc. You never know. I wouldn’t be surprised if Boomerang emerged as a 3rd wheel in a fight for animated acquisitions with CN and Nicktoons.

Say goodbye to the 15 years of similar packaging and logo for Cartoon Network’s Boomerang channel, because as of 6 a.m. (ET) this morning, Boomerang has officially rebranded.

It’s very colorful and has many moving parts. The network’s bumpers and promos are voiced by kids. The now famous “You’re watching Boomerang, from Cartoon Network” voice-over is replaced by kids with the “from Cartoon Network” part being dropped.

The new packaging is made for HD but there is no HD feed for Boomerang in America yet. It’s presented in 4:3 letterbox. New promos have also been created. I’ve seen one for Tom & Jerry so far. At the end, it even says “Watch Tom & Jerry tonight at 7.”

i think i seen this network before

That motif reminds me of Cartoon Network in the olden days, the non-Toonami/AS part of CN that aired things like Powerpuff Girls and Dexter’s Lab.

I still think of Boomerang as being the home for classic animation. So I find it really weird to see Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends and Powerpuff Girls on there. Wiki tells me that Foster’s ended almost 6 years ago now but IMO there ought to be instead more shows from the 80s-90s on there.

Maybe that’s because I still have hope of them bringing back a strong, Classic Toonami-esque lineup and running it on there. :wink:

The network may be seeing a big evolution but you will. Christina Miller has promised Boomerang will continue to air classics. That’s part of the network’s DNA after all. So far all they plan on airing for now is Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, Where Are You?, Looney Tunes, The Flintstones and The Smurfs. I’d like to see them tap into some classic cartoons from other libraries.

Like Goltar and the Golden Lance, Thundar the Barbarian, Mr. T Mysteries, Rambo: The Force of Freedom…

…The episodes of The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest that didn’t use QuestWorld (which, sadly, are mostly the season without Robert Patrick)…

I wouldn’t mind if they were to augment that lineup of vintage animation with the old Cartoon Roulette shows from Toonami, or other animation from the “hanna barbera era”.

I’d take anything personally that isn’t more of the same. Classic Sonic would be great too. Yeah it’s on Netflix but so what. The Hub won some points with Conan the Adventurer so hopefully Boomerang will think about looking around. The all-in-one Turner upfront in May hopefully will surprise us with something.

And just like that excitement has turned to rage. This is NOT what I expected from this rebrand. Dead airspace drifting about in no-mans-land. With 5 months of basically nothing new to the scheduling/programming except The New Scooby Doo Movies replacing The Flintstones hour at 11:00 A.M weekdays (Big frickin deal), It seems to me Boomerang has done nothing more than waste everybody’s time. The viewers, the internet (you have no idea) and more importantly, the advertisers.
Nothing at the upfront in May except Be Cool Scooby Doo, I guess? Who the hell knows! Turner/Boom blew it bad after making everyone agonizingly wait with bated breath for announcements all this time for NOTHING!

Either they do something soon and knock it off with the nothingness and uncertainty or the channel can vanish for all I care. I really want to do something with this thread.

[size=20]Hari Toon Catches Boomerang’s Eye[/size]

French production company Studio Hari’s new animation project Grizzy and The Lemmings has attracted interest from a US kids’ broadcaster.

The series’ commissioner, France Télévisions, revealed at Annecy last week that the studio is in negotiations with Turner Broadcasting System.

Turner’s Boomerang channels will get involved in the show through a presales deal on a worldwide basis, including for the US, C21 has since learned.

Grizzy and The Lemmings (78x7’) is a CGI comedy from Studio Hari, the Paris- and Angouleme-based animation studio behind such successful international properties as The Owl, Leon and The Gees.

The series follows the adventures of Grizzy, big as a bear and just as dum, who is challenged by the even more stupid Lemmings.

The first episode of the series, which is currently in development for France Télévisions, will be delivered this summer and the full series by the end of next year.

It looks like Wabbit - A Looney Tunes Production may be airing on the network in October 2015. I would prefer a better link but this is the best one provided for now.

[size=20]Turner Taps WB Animation to Fill Revamped Boomerang Pipeline[/size]

Turner Broadcasting and Warner Bros. announced a global agreement to strengthen the pipeline of original content being developed for the recently rebranded Boomerang.

The agreement —the first-ever deal for original content developed exclusively for Boomerang — includes nearly 450 half-hours of programming from Warner Bros. Animation.

Premiering this fall will be the first of Boomerang’s new original series from Warner Bros. Animation:

• Bunnicula is an all-new animated comedy series based on the bestselling children’s book of the same name. The series follows the paranormal comedy adventures of Bunnicula the vampire rabbit, who — instead of drinking blood — drains the juice of carrots and other vegetables to boost his supernatural abilities.

• Be Cool Scooby Doo! is an all-new 22-minute animated comedy series featuring the Scooby gang, back with a modern comedic twist on the beloved classic. This time, the gang is working as hard to solve their own personal problems as they are to solve the endless, mind-bending mysteries that await them.

• In Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production, Bugs Bunny is starring in all-new shorts that find the iconic carrot-loving rabbit matching wits against — and getting the best of — classic characters like Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote, along with brand new foes.

The content will premiere on all Boomerang channels worldwide and on some Cartoon Network channels internationally, along with potential crossover with Turner Broadcasting’s Pogo, Boing, Toonami and Cartoon Network outlets.

The partnership also extends Boomerang’s access to the classic animation portfolio from the Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Warner Bros. Animation collections, a total of 3,500 titles.

Drawing upon the vast resources of the world’s largest animation library which includes contemporary classics from Cartoon Network Studios, Boomerang’s on-air schedule will continue to feature such timeless favorites as Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo!, programming that has multi-generational appeal and great co-viewership.

What the…?

Is the new Doo really gonna look like that?
Mabe it takes place at
http://www.click2houston.com/image/view/-/33486312/medRes/3/-/maxh/360/maxw/640/-/61j3ci/-/Canna-Camp-PNG.png

Velma’s isn’t hot anymore.
Boo!!!

Maybe the artists have forgotten how to draw anything that isn’t deformed and powerpuff-ish after all these years?

Coulda used whoever does Archer, Metalocalypse or The Boondocks as those folk still know how to draw properly.

Maybe it does take place there: Scooby looks like he’s under the influence in that pic.

Yes those are the character designs.

[size=20]‘Dinosaur Train’ Pulls into Boomerang LatAm[/size]
Aug 5th, 2015

The Jim Henson Company’s CG kids series Dinosaur Train is chugging right along, with a new licensing agreement with Boomerang Latin America that will distribute the show broadly across the region. The channel will launch Dinosaur Train on Monday, August 10. The show was first introduced to young audiences in Latin America five years ago and was warmly received.

Created by Craig Bartlett (Hey Arnold!), the preschool-friendly stories follow Buddy the T-rex and his adoptive family of Pteranodons on whimsical adventures through prehistoric landscapes as they unearth basic concepts in natural science, natural history and paleontology. Dinosaur Train has been licensed in over 200 territories worldwide. A fourth 10-episode season, currently in production, will debut in the U.S. on PBS KIDS.

Dinosaur Train is produced by The Jim Henson Company and co-produced with Singapore’s Sparky Animation, with original support from the Singapore Media Development Authority.

New Shows/Seasons coming to Boomerang beginning October 2015:

The Garfield Show (Season 4)
Wabbit (October 5, 2015)
Be Cool Scooby-Doo! (October 5, 2015)
Shaun the Sheep (October 7, 2015)
Sonic Boom (October 8, 2015)

Added in September: Johnny Test and Baby Looney Tunes
Added in August: The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries

EDIT: Copied and pasted from another board.

Well, the new weekday Boomerang schedule has just been released. Here’s a rundown of the changes:

• Wabbit and Be Cool will be joining the lineup at 8:00pm, and will be airing five times a week.

• Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! premieres on Monday October 5 at 8:30pm.

• New episodes of The Garfield Show will be airing for the first time in three years Tuesdays at 8:30pm.

• After a brief run on Cartoon Network, Shaun the Sheep will be airing on Wednesdays at 8:30pm.

• Sonic Boom is also joining the schedule on Thursdays at 8:30pm. Sonic Boom debuted on the UK version of Boomerang a few months back.

• Finally, DreamWorks Dragons: Riders of Berk joins on Fridays at 8:30pm.

• What’s New, Scooby-Doo? will be losing its 11:00pm timeslot on weekdays to a repeat of the 8:00pm hour.

• Leaving the schedule completely is Teen Titans Go!

WEEKDAYS:
6:00am Tom and Jerry
7:00am What’s New, Scooby-Doo?
8:00am Baby Looney Tunes
9:00am The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries
10:00am The Garfield Show
11:00am The New Scooby Movies
12:00pm Looney Tunes
1:00pm The Tom and Jerry Show
2:00pm The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries
3:00pm Courage the Cowardly Dog (2 hours)
5:00pm Johnny Test
6:00pm Pokemon
7:00pm Tom and Jerry
8:00pm Wabbit (replaces Teen Titans Go!)
8:30pm Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! (M)/The Garfield Show (Tu)/Shaun the Sheep (W)/Sonic Boom (Th)/DreamWorks Dragons: Riders of Berk (F) (replaces Teen Titans Go!)
9:00pm The Amazing World of Gumball
10:00pm The Garfield Show
11:00pm repeat of 8:00pm-9:00pm (replaces What’s New, Scooby-Doo?)
12:00am Tom and Jerry
1:00am The Flintstones
2:00am Looney Tunes
3:00am The Smurfs
4:00am Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends
5:00am The Looney Tunes Show

No weekend changes.

Grizzy and the Lemmings Concept Art - Set to premiere Fall 2016

http://theconceptartblog.com/2015/09/02/artes-do-seriado-frances-grizzy-and-the-lemmings/

by Flavio Remontti on Sep 2, 2015 • 7:35 pm

Turner Takes Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Series

By Kristin Brzoznowski - Published: October 5, 2015