Brain Drain

I love surprise sunny days.

My power went out…and it didn’t help the desktop speakers were on loud. Not a pleasant sound.

I wasn’t sure how to feel other than :confused:.

1 Like

I just put all the info into a post box - and then the lightning strike posted it. No code, just a bunch of garble…

(also scared the bejeebers out of me)

2 Likes

The lords of TAN have taken action. :smile:

1 Like

Almost as much fun as the time the Cleaners plugged a Shop Vac into the File Server’s UPS. Fun Times, Fun Times. :anger_right:

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Just missed Garland but I got a nice side-view out of it. Lol

My day got even better.

Received an email from Amazon (yes, it was real, not a spam email):

[quote]Thanks for visiting Amazon.com! Per your request, we have changed the e-mail address associated with your account.
The e-mail address associated with your account has been changed. The old address was [my current email]. The new address is jefjeff1 at outlook.com.

Visit Your Account at Amazon.com to view your orders, make changes to any order that hasn’t yet entered the shipping process, update your subscriptions, and much more.

Should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we can give out order information only to the name and e-mail address associated with your account.

Thanks again for shopping with us.[/quote]
I don’t know who this “JefJeff1” is, but he hacked my Amazon account. Tried to look up a phone contact at Amazon, but everything I tried to click on wanted me to sign in and I couldn’t do it because this guy had changed the email and password.

Called my neighbor and had her look up the number.

Called Amazon and after a lengthy conversation finally got the account locked so no one can order or do anything. There hadn’t been any order activity and my gift card amount was still there. We had to fill out a form (over the phone) and then she would forward up the chain of command to get our email put back and the password changed. It could take up to 48 hours (that makes it sound like they have a lot of these, but she said that it happened only rarely).

I just happened to be sitting here at the computer when the email came, I was getting ready to go make dinner and it could have come and not been noticed for a couple of hours. Just think if I’d been away somewhere…

Hopefully, they’ll flag this guy’s email address so he can’t do more damage.

Always check your email and the email in your junk file. You never know what you could be missing.

4 Likes

For sure. This is why I will never leave unread emails piling up. I will look at it and clean them out.

Talk about a scary situation. I’m glad that got sorted out.

1 Like

I always wondered how all those futuristic movies only had shiny, new cars, and now I know.

###MSN News: Paris drives old cars off its streets
July 1, 2016

Exhaust-Belching. Nice choice words.

Well at least humans are safe. :smile:

Ouch. Banning cars outright that still function without compensation? That doesn’t seem right. It also makes our controversial “Cash for Clunkers” program look better.

The mention of the picture frame deliverer is a good reminder that no matter how good public transit might be, private transit will always have a place in cities.

I have just now discovered the summary section of the profile page. It says how many posts I’ve read. I found a random thread and scrolled through it, and got like 500 posts read in 5 seconds! I’m gaming the system!!! :smiley:

But alas, to what end? they’re just numbers :frowning2:

4 Likes

Hey Domino’s is giving away a free one topping medium pizza

Living in New York makes getting good Pizza real easy. There’s at least three pizzerias in my town, and another 4 or 5 in the next town over.

That said, Domino’s is good when I want to eat an entire pizza. :smile:

I know where not to buy shoes.

I was waiting for my hubby to check out today and watched a woman come in, kick off her flip-flops and proceed to try on every shoe in her size with her filthy bare feet. They were all tennis shoes and she laced them up and walked around in each pair before taking them off and putting them back in the box. She then left the store without buying any.

I thought there was a rule or something that said you had to wear socks to try on shoes.

Grossed me out.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s nasty. Sweaty, dirty, flaky skin bare feet (that walked on who knows what) in new shoes is a forever no!!

107 degrees - and the upstairs air conditioner stops working…

Sleeping on the couch tonight, I guess.

1 Like

Ugh, at least you have something to cool the downstairs.

Mark Gosdin

Random thing that came out my mouth today: “It rained, but is is raining?”

Also, somehow I’m missing whole words as I type today…

3 Likes

I saw a sign at a gas station today that said “If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a few payments.”

1 Like

Just happened: Got a call on my cell (which is rare as hell for non-family to call in the first place) from a local number I never seen before. Pick it up, say “Hello” and I heard “Hi this is Cindy from Florida Get Aways, can you hear me ok”. My response, just hung up.

1 Like