Brain Drain

At some point, I did something to make Amazon think I’m a college student. I only bring this up because just today, I signed up for that 6-months free trial of Student Prime. Even with the 50% off, I’m not sure if Prime is worth it to me.

1 Like

If you find yourself buying from Amazon two or three times a month or more then Prime works pretty well. We have an assortment of Kindles and make use of the Prime lending library. I was watch Prime Video for some Anime, but they’ve gone and hosed that up. :confounded:

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Somehow, Amazon decided the opposite for me, their service definitely isn’t worth $99/year for me. $50/year would be pushing it to for me, especially now that Amazon charges me sales tax and its competitors do not…and has no qualms about making features of Prime cost extra.

Lately I’ve been “Netflixing” Amazon: storing up what I want and then buying just a month of Prime to order it.

1 Like

If I can pay monthly, then I may do that. If the 2-day shipping would be more than the month of Prime.

My first Shamrock shake of the year, or Daiquiris as a McDonalds employee jokingly called them.

Why isn’t Spring Break in the Spring?

This week is Spring Break and Spring doesn’t start until next week.

6 Likes

That question may just break the universe!

4 Likes

So my Middle Son and I were out Saturday hitting some garage sales and checking out the local Thrift Stores.

At the Goodwill Store my son brought me a “Book Clock” wooden clock that opens like a book to show the dial face. It was really nicely done and I said so. Then He says, “Look inside.” I opened it and immediately knew it was something unusual due to the large engraved Sakura Flower. The bottom was engraved with the words “Congratulations on 20 years of service with the Japan Ground Self Defense Force.”

Needless to say it came home with us, it is now safely ensconced keeping time on a shelf in my son’s room. Can’t help but wonder how something like that made the journey from Japan to end up in a Thrift Store in Kissimmee, Florida.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

I remember in high school (or was it middle school) I had this book in which if you cut and glue everything correctly, you would have a working paper clock.

Either I never finished, or I messed up somewhere and it didn’t work.

i dont know if you know this yet but kroger has an app where you have special sales and free items on friday

Does anyone here use an Andoid phone? I’m still a little new at this and need a little advise.

I saw this on the web this morning: http://weblifeadvice.com/416

Hubby has an iPhone and so isn’t up-to-date on Android stuff. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

I clicked on the link and got an exe file. I suspect that site is not a safe site.

When installing apps, if you got it from other than the Google Play store (Humble Bundle is the only site I know that should be safe, but they could be hacked and you might be unlucky enough to download while bad apps are on their servers before it’s fixed), it may not be safe. So if you’re asked to hook a USB cable to install an app, STOP!

1 Like

Can’t remember if I posted about these . Cleaning out my thrift store piles .

So a while back I was thrift store shopping and stumbled on to these for $3.99 each . Catwoman is complete ,but Epyon is missing one piece off one sprue the sword hilt so might have to make a replacement myself . Also very humid out today . Be nice if not for that .

6 Likes

My one and only Anime related Thrift Store find.

It was a good one though. :slight_smile:

Mark Gosdin

6 Likes

Noticing this:

Crunchyroll’s name has disappeared from the banner ad on ANN for the Spring Guide.

The times they are a changin’.

Mark Gosdin

Seeing as VRV is basically part of the same company as CR, I wonder if CR’s parent company is just using its VRV brand for sponsor deals now? I have noticed that my status screen is using VRV when I watch stuff on CR now.

I subscribed to CR for the first time early last month, I believe it showed VRV on some of the screens to begin with. What was interesting about the banner change is that it still said Crunchroll Funimation over a Frame Arms Girl screen cap this morning, then it changed to VRV Funimation over a different Frame Arms Girl screen cap with an off-center VRV logo. Seems like they are winging it to a certain extent.

Mark Gosdin

Speaking of VRV. That service seems to suck. When it was first announced, it wasn’t on a platform I would use. For me, my choice of platforms in order is this: Web Player, Android TV, Android Tablet.

They did what they labeled a beta of the Web Player, and the first thing I notice, NO QUEUE! Unless that a limitation of the web player version, having no queue what so ever doesn’t make me want to use the service.

Also, one day I login, it said my CR account wasn’t premium, even though it was. I think I had just watched a show on CR that needed a premium account to even watch not that long before hand.

I turn on my TV today and discover that I’m missing several channels.

I see this article about losing Fox networks (FX, Nat Geo & Fox Sports channels), but I’m also missing Cartoon Network! Seriously? Tomorrow is Saturday and all the anime is on.

And why do I still have FXX? Isn’t that a spin-off of FX?

Am I the only one to not know this was going to happen?

We watch a ton of shows on FX & my hubby watches Fox Sports on the weekends.

Anyone have any insight into this?

1 Like

I know that FOX and Spectrum ( Charter / Time Warner / Brighthouse ) are engaged in one of their typical pi**ing contests. However, Cartoon Network is part of Time Warner channels and has nothing to do with FOX or Spectrum.

Since Spectrum is pooling 3 different cable systems and each of those had their own contract with FOX, it’s likely that Spectrum is pushing their new leverage with FOX with predictable results.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like