Brain Drain

I went out to the kitchen and checked the TV there and there was Cartoon Network. So checked the TV in the bedroom, also had Cartoon Network. Did a hard reboot of the TV in the living room, but still no CN.

Had to call Spectrum and after answering about a gazillion questions, he sent an “information string” to my cable box and now the channel is back.

Good grief. Just glad I got it fixed before tomorrow.

5 Likes

Good news wins the day! :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve had them do that to fix problems with our DVR. We went thru about 4 of them before we got one that worked more than a couple of weeks.

Mark Gosdin

All this talk made me remember to check to make sure the schedule for tomorrow is correct for Toonami.

Well here I said just a few days ago that I have only ever found a single anime related item at any of the local thrifts, then this shows up:

It appears to have been a limited edition and even includes a DVD.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

My Fox channels were gone for a whole day and then came back.

NOW TODAY, I have no network channels. ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, The CW - all gone.

I really need to figure out if this is my cable box, or if someone is messing with me.

2 Likes

I think we need to confiscate the darts and the dartboard. This is getting out of hand. :expressionless:

2 Likes

I’d bet that it’s a sign of chaos at the corporate level in Spectrum. It isn’t simple putting 3 distinct businesses together, especially since the smallest of the three ( Brighthouse ) is the one who’s management is supposed to be the survivor.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

I mean, what if we were gone for a few days? None of the shows we watch would be recorded. While that’s small in the grand scheme of things, it’s one of the things that I PAY for.

1 Like

We recorded the season premier of Dr. Who Saturday night to watch Sunday morning, it was so choppy with digital artifacts that it was unwatchable. It seems that Spectrum likes to work on their system at odd times, with the digital cable taking hits at night and on weekends … consistently. On the other hand the Internet is prone to being taken down either at noon ( like it was today ) or in the wee hours of the morning.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

I hate when the picture gets like that. Knocks the sound out along with it.

Our CW channel has a serious volume problem also. Regular watching for us most of the time is with the volume set at around the 25 mark on the volume slide. But when we watch shows on the CW, we have to push it up to about 65 or 70. That’s everything, even the commercials are quiet.

Then, of course, we forget to turn it down when we change channels…

2 Likes

I swear I never find anything Anime related at the local Thrift stores, honest. :confused:

Somehow I think when I said that a couple of weeks ago @LadyOfWicca pulled out her Big Ol’ Bag O’ Spells and slapped a Luck O’ Th’ Green on me.

Mark Gosdin

5 Likes

:grin:

I have the red BeBop CD on the left and I can verify it’s definitely worth listening to every day of the year.

My middle son literally jumped out of his chair when I pulled the red BeBop CD out of the bag. They’ve both been ripped to Lossless and High Bit Rate MP3, put on the family media server and copies given out for various family members PC’s & Tablets. :loud_sound:

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

Every day I look at my spam folder to look for possible false negatives, and for the past few days, I been getting this one that I can’t understand the point of. There’s no link or anything useful in it. It just a message from someone I supposedly did something bad to them, and they want me out of their life.

Now, if this was legit, you wouldn’t send the same e-mail every other day :stuck_out_tongue:

And if it was, they wouldn’t use my username instead of my real name if they did know about my sister, and my sister knew about their bad side. (I wonder how many people here had this post be the first time they knew about my sister? Considering how quiet I tend to be about family life)

Oh, and I registered https://miquelfire.red because, YEAH!

3 Likes

Information!!

Writing this down in my book…

has sister

:wink:

3 Likes

We need a “good night TAN, love y’all” thread

2 Likes

Congratulations to @vikinggeek for being the New User of the Month for June 2017! :grinning: :tada:

1 Like

New user of the month?

1 Like