Brain Drain

Get a call back after I get a investigation started . Local Post office was like not sure why they called us it’s never made it out from the origin post office from what the tracking said . For some reason I feel this fits .

2 Likes

We had a birthday present get lost in the UPS center in Lexington, KY several years ago. Since it was Amazon they overnighted a replacement to us. Their instructions were to contact them if the original ever showed up. It did a couple of months later, looked like it had been caught in one of the conveyors. Sent it back to them and all was OK.

I’ve had eBay packages disappear in transit with USPS. They did eventually show up.

I think this is why Amazon uses USPS for the “Last Mile” delivery and their own freight carrier for the actual cross country shipment.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Never had a company so unhelpfully frustrating in my life . Certainly going down hill since I was ordering all the time from them . After this paying more and sticking with Amazon from now on . Even Anime Corner was more helpful when there was a problem . Also funny how the supervisor is always busy . The last guy at the post office was at least helpful and redid the search plus sounded like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite .

3 Likes

I’ve never had issues with USPS, except when my address didn’t update on an Amazon order correctly. Even then, the post office didn’t do anything wrong. Amazon made the mistake and someone took the package before I realized what had happened.

I’ve had some issues with UPS, but the absolute worst was DHL. I honestly couldn’t feel bad when they shut down domestic delivery. I once had them call me and leave a voice mail saying that my address didn’t exist in their GPS and they wouldn’t be delivering my package that day. I called to give them directions, and was told to call back the next morning before the driver left at 6am, as they had “no way to contact our drivers once they leave.” It took me six days to get my package. Amazon ended up giving me a partial credit, shipping a replacement via FedEX, and making a note on my account to never use DHL again.

1 Like

So now Rightstuf is trying to tell me the post office is not giving me the correct info . About one phone call from calling the credit card company and having them do a chargeback . Second guy threatened if I did that I’d never be able to buy from them again . I laughed and said why would I want to .

3 Likes

Package 1 of 2 of my new network equipment

Actually, it’s packages 2 of 3. The UniFi was one package, the rest was another, and the paper, something I found online that I printed out.

3 Likes

@miquelfire Did I miss a post that explains why you are getting new network equipment?

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Twitter cracks me up

7 Likes

No, I never posted the reason. Two reasons why I’m doing this.

1. What I’m getting allows me to have multiple networks, so on the WiFi side of things, I have: a main one, an IOT one, and a guest one. And even the router (that hasn’t come yet) will have at least two networks (Main one and IOT)
  2. My WiFi has a bit of a shorter range than I expected it to for some reason. My living room has a flaky reception at times.
2 Likes

I was curious if you might have been having reception issues. We are having problems with the 2.4GHZ band being crowded so I’ve been moving machines that are capable to 5GHZ on our router. Sacrifice range for better performance.

Mark Gosdin

Package 2 came Thursday. The main thing that made me want to buy everything!

Anyway, spent the weekend setting it up. I now have three main networks! One is Internet of Things stuff (or really anything I can’t trust to be secure mostly), a guest network for family members to use, and a main network for the things I know can be trusted to be secure. There is a fourth on the router that I reserved for getting into the router if I edit stuff and screw something up that my main network disappears on me for some reason.

I only have three devices left to switch over, then I can remove my old router.

Fun fact. I have been having a hard time just getting my tablet to stream CR at night, and the first night I used it to stream on the new stuff, it worked! It could be that CR was actually slammed and it just happened to clear up the night I tested with the new setup.

And here’s an odd signal test: Photo

Man, I hate how badly this forum handles Google Photos.

3 Likes

Purchased a Roku Express at Best Buy this weekend. I hooked it up in the master bedroom to supplement our older SONY Blu-Ray player. The player has streaming capability but is limited by it’s age and lack of upgradeability. The Roku is wireless the SONY wired in, with the main router only about 20 feet away in the study the Roku is working quite well with Crunchyroll & Amazon.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

I’m glad the Roku is working for you. The fam bought a few of the older Rokus a while back and now they’re being temperamental.

…on bluray, I’m still semi-mystified about the UHD market as the only player that isn’t marketed for the ultra-niche home theater enthusiast segment is the Xbox One S/X. It’s like we’ve gone back in time 18 years, back to when the only affordable + convenient way to play the latest 'n greatest physical media was to buy a game console :frowning:

2 Likes

Did something I have not done in a while binged three shows . Would have been 4 ,but the CR app kept crashing today .

6 Likes

Yeah it’s frustrating when that happens. I’ve also dealt with the picture freezing and audio going mute. The CR app really tests my patience at times.

3 Likes

Speaking of streaming, I finally saw some of Amazon’s very heavily advertised Electric Dreams, The wiki page for it says that AMC bailed out of its deal to air it in the US, and well, Blade Runner & Minority Report made adapting Philip K. Dick works look easier than it seems to be.

What I thought was weird was that (ep 1) this pushes the direct opposite message on social stuff than does Amazon’s award winning Transparent. The first episode is titled “The Hood Maker”, but it could be titled “Opaque” :wink:

1 Like

Always bad when a series just ends with no ending or on a cliffhanger . Even more so when it’s over 5 years old .

5 Likes

Well I feel dumb took me a little to figure out I had to turn on the closed captions to see the subs on Amazon . Though wish I could figure out the color and other settings on this Roku tv . I change them but it looks like they don’t carry over to the apps .

1 Like

I’ve been able to change the CC / Subtitles on my PC for Amazon, but their Roku app lacks the menu that the PC has to make those changes. I’m just living with it for now.

Mark Gosdin

I some what got it working the way I wanted on the tv . Had to go through the Roku tv accessibility settings . Though the Roku tv has different settings menus then the sticks and boxes .

2 Likes