Brain Drain

Watched the first two episodes of Killing Bites . It’s not bad ,but feels very 90’s to me .
Been trying to binge shows so also watched Armed Girl’s Machiavellism . Liked that one to .

4 Likes

The premise of that one sounded interesting, but I remember it falling by the wayside after a bit when I was trying to watch things weekly. Maybe binging is the way to go for that one?

1 Like

Yes. I don’t think I would’ve appreciated it as much myself unless I binged-watched this title.

1 Like

Binge is the way to go . I don’t think I could go back and watch one episode a day or a week with it and not have it loose my attention. I feel that way with most 13 episode and under shows .

Thinking about holding off on watching Killing Bites as it’s feeling like it might be a need to binge show . It’s a good show just feels like it’s going to be one of those needs to be binge watched shows .

1 Like

I recently binge-watched Land of the Lustrous and I suspect that show also works better as a binge, with its atmosphere building and all. I’ll have to put Machiavellism on the docket lol, right now I’m trying to power through Made in Abyss.

…If the industry weren’t so obsessed with streaming numbers, I’d wait and binge more often.

2 Likes

These 2 articles popped up in my newsfeed today. Why 2 different pics, I wonder? Didn’t click on either one… but bizarre

Articles

1 Like

I get those all the time, they use about 10 different pictures and say it’s a company from Kissimmee, FL. I just ignore it.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

I had no doubt they were click-bait, but I guess I was just wondering why the need to make them slightly different and put them right next to each other. Doesn’t seem very practical. Should have at least put them several articles apart if they’re only looking for the clicks. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Old outside tom cat that’s been around for at least 10 years vanished in December . Today he showed back up looking healthier then when he left . Thinking someone captured had him fixed and then he was to bad off to release right away .

Also I think I might have to try to find a squad for Monster Hunter world at some point . Just beat my fourth monster and it had me faint once . Palico was little help this time usually he’s throwing bugs at me .

2 Likes

Sounds like the cat we found last April. Thought it was a stray, fed it, fattened it up. Then when it got aggressive to our other cats, we had to take it to the Humane Society. Turns out it had a chip and they returned her to her owner. Fatter than ever…

3 Likes

Looking through my TV listings to see what I want to watch, and I see stuff I just don’t get.

Music Shows

Why is this called “Doggie Style”?

To me, “Hella Old” is a lot older than 1990.

Not even sure what this means

Who Titles These Things?

Slutever??

Every time I see this, I think of "Creepy"

Would you seriously want to have this show on your credits?

Timing Issues

I thought “Evening” meant after 5pm

Breakfast? Isn’t that a morning thing?

I was taught that 9 to 10 was an hour, not a half-hour

Am I getting too old???

4 Likes

No you are still quite young if you ask me. It’s those other folks that seem to have lost it.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

Thank you, @mgosdin ! :kiss:

2 Likes

Half hour show and half hour of commercials!

4 Likes

So bought a cheap projector from one of the Amazon holiday deals last year . Finally tested it out a little . Menu system is horrible so getting it this decent was a cluster of and had to rig it on some tubs to get to the one decent open wall space ,but for as cheap as it was it works ok with the Roku .

5 Likes

Sometimes it’s like that, just stack up stuff until it looks right and go with it.

Mark Gosdin

5 Likes

So, I noticed that my screen is trying to escape my phone from what I assume is an expanding battery, and when asked to take pictures of it

2 new photos added to shared album

Yea, I’m not going to bother busting the auto-embed this time with Google Photos here.

1 Like

Is that a HTC One?

Does the screen still work?

…this is a case-in-point for why phones need to get back to user replaceable batteries. Solid form factors look cool…until something like this happens :frowning:

1 Like

It’s a Google Pixel XL.

Also, everything still works.

Hmm, if the store page on Google Fi is anything to go by, I may get a black replacement… I just sent the info to allow them to start that dealie already.

1 Like

So I got another $5 Credit with Best Buy a couple of weeks ago, that’s what I get for buying games for my #2 son there. I finally got around to going into our local store today, they’ve extensively cleaned up and reorganized all their Video and CD section - this in spite of them dropping CD’s in July. I browsed thru their Anime section and found that they had the complete Speed Racer Blu-Ray set for $12.99, with my credit that became $7.99 + tax. Now I’ve got to find the time to rip 5 Blu-Ray disks / 52 Episodes. Whee!

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes