Brain Drain

It’d look nice next to the German Booty .

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ChrisBeveridge/status/971423633871659008

Episode 8 finally popped up on my end .

Wondered why I was so tired today. In bed for 8 hours, slept for 5.

2 Likes

What’s the point of asking about household income in this manner? Why do they make things so difficult?

3 Likes

Person that wrote it thinks it means they are smart ,but really more along the lines of a smartass .

6 Likes

Thank you! I am so happy that my survey question skills are being put to such good use!

:yum:

1 Like

Tracking a box . It must like Hagerstown .
3/14/2018 - Wednesday
12:38 am
Departed location
HAGERSTOWN, MD
3/13/2018 - Tuesday
4:08 pm
Arrived at location
HAGERSTOWN, MD
4:58 am
In transit
HAGERSTOWN, MD
3/12/2018 - Monday
4:57 pm
In transit
HAGERSTOWN, MD
4:57 am
In transit
HAGERSTOWN, MD

4 Likes

Shippers do some crazy things even when things are working right.

I had a package from work that made it onto the UPS DeliveryTruck here and then disappeared. They finally sent me another headset after about a month, then two weeks later UPS delivers the original package, with the driver literally running away from our door. Now I’ve got a box in the closet - worse for wear - and the folks at work are trying to figure out what to do.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

I wonder if that could mean the package was missorted at a UPS facility multiple times?

With the issues that I’ve been having with delivery services, and with Amazon now charging sales tax (making it more expensive than retail), I’m finding myself buying more stuff from actual retail stores now.

It’s possible . Waiting on the Playmates Toys 84 Classic Black Lion . Was able to get the other four Lions from Amazon ,but the Black Lion I could not find for some reason and did not want to pay a scalper so bought it from another place that I had a credit with . Forgot they ship with the one that ships through one shipper then drops off at the post office .

Had a box come today that spent three extra days in NY because the barcode was a little messed up . I’m guessing the machine could not read so they tossed into a different bin .

I usually only go online for vintage , hard to get things , games , and some movies . Don’t have sales tax here so typically amazon is still cheapest .

Going to miss ToysRUs even though the prices were higher it usually came to around the same for some of the collectibles once I figured in shipping . Plus I could look at things in person and decide “do I really need it ?“. Most of the time I said no and saved money . It’s a strange thing to think of retail being a purely ship to your door thing . I do know ToysRUs debt was pretty bad or someone would have bought them out . Just a shame as I was in the better one recently and they were packed like it was the Holiday season .

I had recent issues with USPS. I had to order something three times. The first time, the shipping stuff gets all the way to out for delivery. And about a week later, Amazon sends me an email saying they refunded the order as it was sent back. Nothing on the shipping info gave a reason why it was sent back, just that after a few days, they just wanted to send it back.

Then, on the second attempt, I get the email saying it was out for delivery again, and before I had got home that day from some Christmas shopping at a local mall, another email saying “insufficient address”. Both of these cases made me wish they would offer a picture of the shipping label so I could see why it was sent back. The third time I was able to get what I was trying to order. I think Amazon upped the price during that time.

Don’t remember if I told this story here (probably did), but there was a case where I became nervous when ordering from a company who could ship from the east coast using FedEx in any way. Basically, for whatever reason, while the package was in FedEx’s hands, it was bouncing around all the “New ____” states on the east coast until they just gave up and handed over a random east coast USPS office (it was a FedEx to USPS shipment anyway), and USPS had to go from New Jersy I think to my state. It was sent Monday, arrived a week later. The Tuesday after the other package shipped, another FedEx to USPS item was shipped from Texas and came to my house by Thursday. Two-day shipping from a longer distance for the same shipping method!

Star Wars collectors are more nuts then car guys . lol
https://hakes.com/Auction/ItemDetail/217450/STAR-WARS-BOBA-FETT-ROCKET-FIRING-PROTOTYPE-L-SLOT-ACTION-FIGURE

Girl Scout cookies are the bane of my existence.

1 Like

I tell them no thank you and I keep moving .

2 Likes

https://littlecaesars.com/en-us/promotion-rules/crazy-happens

1 Like

good news folks lunch is on me april 2 :grinning:

2 Likes

So, I’m in the local Books A Million when I spy a Tokyo-Pop new manga title, this does not appear to be one of their Disney deals but a regular manga though a title I’d never heard of. I took a look at it and flipped to the publishing data to see when it was printed when “Lo & Behold” I see that it is published by Tokyo-Pop GMBH.

Now as I recall you don’t see that unless you are dealing with a European / German company. Tokyo-Pop in Europe stayed in business ( and tied up some licenses that were either World-wide or US & Europe ) because it was actually a Joint Venture with Bertelsmann which is a huge media company ( Owns Penguin Random House in the US ). The manga was “Printed in the United States of America”, but for German Tokyo-Pop which makes me think that their return to the US market is being done under the umbrella of Bertelsmann.

Mark Gosdin

I wish more subscription-based services would offer quarterly, or annual plans. Paying like $5/month for something is fine, but for whatever reason, paying $15 every three months, or $60 every year seems more appealing to me.

2 Likes

So I got another bookcase that lays sideways under a large painting in my hallway. I’m slowly filling it with an assortment of my hardback books. I also have two dinosaur skull bookends that will be on top with current books in my “to read” list.

This will free up some space to finally organize my anime art box collection. I have my blurays organized, but the boxes are taking much longer. I think I will be moving any of my anime DVDs, that don’t have art boxes, to binders. I already have 300 disc binder with a number of shows in it. Once this is all done, on to my manga collection!

3 Likes