Brain Drain

@mgosdin

I’m so sorry to hear that - good old friends are hard to come by. :dog2:

Hope she’s happy & free over the Rainbow Bridge :rainbow:

3 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss @mgosdin. That is one of the worst things to go though. :cry:

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss, mgosdin. It one of the saddest things to go through, but she is happy now.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Mark, but at least she ain’t hurting any more.

1 Like

So Sorry for your loss .

1 Like

New test results show my heart function is back up to normal 45%-50%.

6 Likes

Only 50%? Take it easy dude!

Reeeaal easy, OK.

Mark Gosdin

Wow, that’s really low. What the hell is the minimum for humans with modern medicine?

And my Thursday watching just lost a show for me.

@mgosdin
@miquelfire
@fillet

That’s actually a good percent. Optimal which is the best condition in the function that they’re looking at is 55% to 60%. We’re not talking about percentages where 100% is the top number. If I can find something about it I’ll post it on here.

4 Likes

The closest thing that they could use as an example or even relate to the characteristics of what happened to my heart after the Autonomic Dysreflexia episode is something called Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. Hearts don’t normally go down to 10% function and then immediately jump back up to normal 45%-50% within days. Normally when the heart function is that low it would take weeks to months to gradually fix/repair itself while using special medicine to help promote the healing process.

Edit: I just realized this is the only Forum that I haven’t updated on what happened. So basically I had a autonomic dysreflexia episode and it was so severe that it caused my heart to flip out and start beating erratic rhythms and intensities. I ended up having to call 911 and during the night I was there with all the testing they found out that my heart was only at 10% function. Just a day and a half ago we decided to do the same test to see if it had changed and it had which normally is very rare.

3 Likes

My father, Heart Attack leading to a Code Blue followed by triple bypass, had about 20 - 30% functionality prior to the bypasses, then about 40 - 45% post bypass. I never heard an explanation as to what the %'s meant, they don’t bother to explain things to teenagers … at lest they didn’t in 1977.

I’m glad you are doing better in any case. :+1:

Mark Gosdin

5 Likes

A relevant joke:

Cardiologist’s Funeral

A cardiologist died and was given an elaborate funeral attended by fellow physicians, family members, friends… A huge heart covered in flowers stood behind the casket during the service. Following the eulogy, the heart opened, and the casket rolled inside. The heart then closed, sealing the doctor in the beautiful heart forever.

At that point, one of the mourners burst into laughter. When all eyes stared at him, he said, “I’m sorry, I was just thinking of my own funeral …I’m a gynecologist.”

That’s when the proctologist fainted.

3 Likes

Lol, that’s morbid. Keep beating bro!!!

1 Like

Saturday was Megacon day for me and the two oldest guys. Show is now 3 bays in the Orange County Convention Center with a 4th bay used for Ticketing and vendor storage. Was busy at 10 AM when we got there, by noon it was in “Sweep you off your feet” mode. We finally left at mid afternoon. I got a Marisa (TouHou Project) figure and a CD of K-ON music. Anime was overrun by Dragonball Super, AoT and SAO merchandise. Guys made hauls on their interests and man am I tired. Glad to have two days to recover.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

@mgosdin

Sounds like fun! You’re so lucky to have someone to go with that shares your interest.

3 Likes

I just noticed I lost my Regular status. No clue on why.

1 Like

I think I see the problem, let me talk to Admin about it.

1 Like

Congrats to @gratefulvapes for being the New User of the Month for May 2018! :grinning: :tada:

1 Like

I don’t know why because I can’t see the stats to let me know what I’m slacking on. If I’m not slacking, then I found a bug! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like