Brain Drain

Anyone know of any Anime Podcasts?

Looking for something that would be appropriate for kids.

1 Like

@Slowhand

Here is a list, but I am not sure what might be for kids:

https://player.fm/featured/anime

1 Like

I already did a search for them, but I canā€™t tell from the descriptions if theyā€™re kid-friendly.

Iā€™m hoping someone has some experience with them and can give me a couple.

Thanks!

1 Like

There is some old school Anime movie and ova offerings on Prime Video now .

1 Like

Iā€™m feeling like cussing the people at the check lane out at the DMV today . Seriously they need to make them learn about cars before they even let them check them . Trying to tell me a car came with side markers .

2 Likes

Youā€™re lucky they didnā€™t ask you where your Buggy Whip was.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

@Psychopuppet

1 Like

Iā€™d go look ,but Iā€™m not sure where my vhsā€™s are.

2 Likes

Hmmm wonder if I should get a fire stick or firetv during prime day ?

2 Likes

My vote is for Fire Stick. :fire: :chopsticks:

3 Likes

I just read up and for the price plus what they removed from the firetv that is the best deal . The 4K and slight better processor speed itā€™s just not worth the extra $14 plus change to me .

1 Like

My hubby did all that research a few months ago and came to the same conclusion.

We also recently got a Roku.

1 Like

I did the same about 3 months ago, I skipped the Firestick and bought a Roku.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

I prefer the Roku ,but the older stick in my bedroom is starting to act up and just want some cheap for prime video for my tv in there .

1 Like

Good enough as long as it does what you want it to do. :grinning:

Mark Gosdin

Seeing a lot of error dogs on amazon and the deals are not that great for that to be happening .

2 Likes

Seems like that happens every year? Maybe July 16 is Amazonā€™s version of April 1st? :thinking: :rofl:

3 Likes

So I upgraded my cell phone plan to unlimited data, which was actually cheaper than the 20GB plan I had. As part of the deal, I got a 35 Channel streaming TV package and one premium streaming service for free. I already have access to HBO, Showtime, and most of the rest they offered, so I chose VRV.

I will say that itā€™s slightly better than CR, but thatā€™s a pretty low bar to clear. I guess I shouldnā€™t be surpris d that neither Funimation or CR havenā€™t improved their subtitles after all these years, and are still too lazy to translate songs. Half assed crap like this is why I stick to Bluray. I canā€™t even be disappointed, because I was fully expecting it.

Furthermore, VRV wouldnā€™t recognize me as a premium subscriber and kept playing commercials. It has the absolute worst commercial system Iā€™ve ever seen. It would play three commercials in a row, then ten seconds of an episode, and then two more commercials. It completely ruined the viewing experience.

I emailed their customer support, but still havenā€™t heard anything back, several days later. I did manage to fix it by reinstalling the app and linking it to AT&T again, but itā€™s still pretty annoying that VRV hasnā€™t responded yet. Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not paying for this.@

2 Likes

Did anyone else notice that th Sentai deals are more expensive than on Sentaiā€™s site, and many of Funiā€™s titles can be bought for less on Walmart and Right Stuff?

2 Likes

To be honest Iā€™ve never paid a lot of attention to the Prime Day hoopla. This time I found a couple of bluetooth headsets that I might have been interested in, but the discount fell way short of what it would have taken for me to pull the trigger.

And so it goes.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like