Brain Drain

Now we just have to hope the other person is trustworthy on their end of the transfer :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking about that ,but need to trust your fellow anime fans . If it was toy collectors I’d be worried . A lot more shady business has been happening since all of the price increases after that Netflix toys that made us show .

3 Likes

Very true. Something similar happened to me in 2016 with a copy of No-Rin from eBay. The seller accidentally sent mine alongside someone else’s purchase. The seller gave my shipping address to the other buyer, and a week later it found it’s home.

1 Like

My end went out today . Personally taken to the post officers I know better then to trust the mail person to pick up more then letters . Still in the label created phase for the other guy sending mine out .

In other news Lego Voltron is on its way . I think it may just be the longest between announcement to release ideas set yet . Watching review videos and I may need to find two helpers . It is a good bit of time and work . Need some cups and plates for separating pieces to make assembly easier .

In other other news done vintage toy collecting for a while . Hobby has taken a bad turn for a collectors that’s in it for the fun and almost everything is overpriced . $200 for a hard to find figure was bad enough . Now that same figure is $400 plus . Some stuff is so brittle from the 80’s it’s just not worth it to spend that much on them . I’ll wait for a crash ,but if it does not come I had fun while I could .

5 Likes

This came in the mail today: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ggk44mVkX5QfEk7T6

Fun fact, that was actually the most I had spent on a Kickstarter. Until Skip Beat that is.

And here we see the anime studio sneaking in the manga creator into an anime: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WuMbiAkywJvY4TEg6 (The little black and white thing)

And when I did my binge reading, I found a typo I haven’t noticed until this time around: https://photos.app.goo.gl/boe44a374KdRUadF6

4 Likes

Contacted Amazon about a order that’s been stuck since the 16th . It’s shipping now . They also gave me a $10 gift card . No Game No Life Complete collection Blu-ray is $26.99 . So $16.99 after the gift card I was not expecting in the first place .

4 Likes

HOW HOT IS IT HERE IN TEXAS???

7 Likes

Good thing I got thick skin . Somehow the box cutter blade came out and I grabbed it . Other then one tiny pin size nick it did not do much .

3 Likes

Lucky you.

I dropped a box cutter once and tried to catch it. Bad idea. Blade went right into my palm. Needed two stitches.

:face_with_head_bandage:

5 Likes

Ouch !

4 Likes

I’m a Model Railroader, so I’ve built countless kits where you use Exacto blades to trim plastic off. Guess how many times I’ve had accidents with those? I’ve never needed stitches, my friend Bill stabbed his hand with one of the Big Blades. That took 6 stitches and a tetanus shot.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

Jesus Mark, you need a “hand’s off” for that one

2 Likes

Nah. I put my Model Railroad hobby on hiatus about 6 years ago, it got too expensive. When car prices hit the $40 mark and engines hit the $200 range I called a halt to it. Makes Anime Figure collecting look cheap.

So, I have all those good tools ( sharp too! ) and I don’t use them as much now.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

Well my local Target sucks . To low numbers of a store to get the new Mego stuff in . Really wanted that Dracula . Hopefully upstate has them tomorrow .

2 Likes

I went to post some links to tweets I made to a Discord server I’m on, and I see that they have been lived by two people on this forum before I had gotten around to actually do something with the tweets.

Anyway, if you look up the music used in the game, you’ll know the type of music I like. (And why I like to skip most OPs and EDs in anime)

2 Likes

Hmmm, our local Super Target got rebuilt last year. It’s really nice inside, but it didn’t have all that big a Toy section both before and after the rebuild. Then earlier this year, after ToysRUs began liquidating, they increased the Toy space about triple in size. They have even been hosting “Demos” from various manufactures, should have seen the Hot Wheels one. You can go crazy with that orange track when you have isles that are 100’s of feet long.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

I wish ours had some demo and floor stuff . It’s rated as a low traffic store so they get stuff either last or not at all . They are adding a Starbucks ,but not to excited for that .

I did order two of the figures I wanted from online when they randomly popped up this morning ,but most of it is not up on their site . Ordered 3 Dracula’s so I can get a nice one since Target does not believe in packing material all the time .

2 Likes

I’m having diffculty conceptualizing “Tar-zhay” as anything but a slightly classier Wal-Mart. Clearly y’all have Targets that are a cut above the ones in my area.

2 Likes

I have a feeling Targets around here are of the level of the ones around @celestial_being

When the Wii had launched here, I remember having a “Does not compute” issue when I saw people talking about mid-night launch at Wal-Mart because, at that time, no Wal-Marts around here were 24-hour stores. Also, they weren’t of the supercenter level either.

3 Likes

Near my work, we have a massive urban Target. They built it on top of their parking lot, so you take an escalator or elevator to get to the sales floor. They also have one of those cart escalators for when you leave.

It’s a very nice store, and extremely busy. The nice thing is, that unlike Walmart, they will actually have a number of cash registers open. It’s not uncommon to see 10 or 12 cashiers ringing people out. It’s probably the highest volume Target in the Pittsburgh market.

The one near my last place, it got the recent remodel and is really nice inside now. Everything has a more upscale department store look, with wood fixtures, new flooring, and very nice looking displays. The remodel is slowly trickling out to the rest of the stores in the area.

Also, I used Targets online ordering service for the first time today. Picked it up and everything seemed okay. I figured with school and work, I would try it out as I won’t have much time to shop. Our local supermarkets are finally adding it too, so that will help a lot.

2 Likes