AN Forums

Breaking News Bulletin Board

I think the majority of those countries just have weapons(semi-automatic) banned in general.

1 Like

And there’s no rioting in the streets about it.

1 Like

It’s probably hard for them to sympathize let alone riot about something they’ve never had(or don’t have anymore) the luxury/responsibility of having.

3 Likes

I guess. And, I guess my whole point was that I don’t think we need to take guns away from people who have them, I grew up in Iowa and all my uncles/cousins went hunting and it was a way of life for us. I just have never seen/heard a sound argument for why assault weapons need to be out in the public. Still waiting for that.

5 Likes

Here’s one averted.

2019-08-03T05:00:00Z

5 Likes

Protection from threats both foreign & domestic. The issue as far as weapon boils down to rate of fire (i.e. bolt action, semi-automatic, & automatic(which is illegal)) caliber, & round capacity. Unfortunately there are different makes & models of guns that aren’t necessarily rifles that share those different traits/options. Some of the bills introduced over the years have garnered criticism because of the vague definitions written in them & potentially open up somewhat of a slippery slope on how they’re interpreted which is why I suppose people get so upset on both sides. This is why I hate lawyers & politicians.

3 Likes

So… if someone with an automatic weapon opens fire, someone else with an automatic weapon should fire back. Yeah, that’s safe for everyone around them.

2 Likes

I mean automatic weapons are illegal already in the 1st place but yes to answer your question if it just so happens that someone with an automatic weapon started shooting people and someone else who just so happened to also have an automatic weapon was able to try and stop them then yes so be it. The difference is the person who is trying to stop the shooter isn’t trying to kill everyone.

2 Likes

It’s a good point, since no one wants to nail down what an “assault rifle” or a “military style” weapon is, it pretty much can describe any firearm.

On that “no mass shootings in 2019” list, I see the Swiss flag. That implies that guns can’t be the problem as the Swiss have tons of guns.

The Swiss gun ownership is chalked up to their militia system, and with the Draft still technically active (and questions of what the US militia is), shouldn’t at least all who have registered for the Draft be able to obtain “Assault Rifles” to have familiarity in the event that we start the draft lotto up again?

Which reminds me of the famed Admiral Yamamoto quote about there being a rifle behind every blade of grass in the USA. If that were true anywhere in the USA, I thought it would be in Texas; Texans have a Senator who made a video of himself trying to use his “Assault Rifle” to fry bacon.

2 Likes

Imagine if every country did this. Stopping the instant flow of news.

2019-08-03T05:00:00Z

5 Likes

2019-08-07T17:18:00Z

USA Today, in an update on Twitter, said that reports of a man with a gun were “mistaken”

2019-08-07T18:58:00Z

Employee of Kyoto Animation Studio 1 Speaks Out on the July 18 Attack

August 08, 2019 4:56am CDT
A local Uji NPO rallies the local community together to deliver 50,000 cranes to the studio

Non-Profit Delivers Over 50,000 Paper Cranes to Kyoto Animation’s Studio

posted on 2019-08-08 16:45 EDT by Lynzee Loveridge

Kyoto Animation arson victim returns to work, calls it “ultimate counterattack” to arsonist

August 9, 2019 / SoraNews24
Says “We were friends, and we were a family,” in remembrance of fallen coworkers.

Clannad Developer Key Donates 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation

August 10, 2019 10:03am CDT
Creative partner hopes to give courage to people around the world

4 Likes

2019-08-08T11:00:00Z

2019-08-11T00:07:00Z

1 Like

Scrolling down all that news - looks like there’s nothing to be happy about in Suffolk.

2019-08-14T21:20:00Z

August 14, 2019 / SoraNews24

2 Likes

August 15, 2019 / SoraNews24

August 18, 2019 / CNN