Breaking News Bulletin Board

I’d rather it end this way. If there was a shooter, it would have been another tragedy to start the year with. And if anything should happen there in the future, we already saw how prepared everyone is to take control of the situation. If nothing else, it was a good show of how the agencies came together to save lives.

3 Likes

Zika Virus Update: 31 People in US Infected, Houston Woman Recounts Infection
posted Jan 29, 2016, 12:05 PM ET / by Gillian Mohney / ABC News

Third Zika case confirmed in New York
posted Jan 29, 2016 / by Richard Schapiro / New York Daily News - MSN

Hawaii Biotech joins race to develop Zika vaccine
posted Jan 29, 2016 / by Natalie Grover and Amrutha Penumudi / Reuters - MSN

Great - now we get to worry about West Nile and Zika. The warmer weather isn’t helping either.

Good thing I’m not a pregnant… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

This Zika Virus really is scary. Mosquitoes are monsters.

1 Like

[size=16]Why it matters what Barbie looks like[/size]
posted January 29, 2016 / by Emanuella Grinberg / CNN

Just have to laugh at this. Okay, both sides do have good points, but do little girls really take dolls so seriously? I grew up playing with Barbie and I knew it was only a doll. I never told myself that I wanted to look like that when I grew up. Same goes for all the other dolls I played with - the ones that talked, the ones that wet, Disney Princesses, etc. And after I grew up, I never had self esteem issues because I didn’t look like the dolls I used to play with. I can’t believe that this has become such an issue over the years and has gotten to this point. Do children really have such a hard time these days telling fantasy from reality?

I had a Barbie, a Ken & one of the original big GI Joe dolls. Quite a collection for a youngster in the 1960’s.

My Nieces had a bunch Barbies & Kens too, none of us cared what we did or didn’t look like.

My Nieces didn’t have any problems playing with their slightly older Uncle & his dolls either.

Barbie was something to see dressed in Joe’s fatigues and carrying a machine gun. :grin:

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

When I was in 5th or 6th grade I had a GI Joe doll “snake eyes” that I used paper mache on to make a vest and armor then painted everything that I needed blue so that he’d look like Sub Zero from Mortal Kombat.

2 Likes

[size=16]Pluto is covered in a lot of frozen water[/size]
posted Sat January 30, 2016 / By Jareen Imam / CNN

Of Course it is, You do realize that the main Gamilas base in the solar system is based there, right?

2 Likes

With all this attention Pluto is getting, maybe it’s time that Neil deGrasse Tyson restores Pluto’s planethood.

Ceres never got this much attention and it is far, far closer to us than Pluto lol.

1 Like

With the caucuses coming up, here’s a little guide:

How Exactly Do the Iowa Caucuses Work?

How Predictive Are Iowa and New Hampshire?

1 Like

Blizzard will miss caucuses, still blanket Iowa Tuesday
posted 1:29 p.m. CST February 1, 2016 / by Jason Clayworth / The Des Moines Register

Blizzard Bearing Down on Iowa, Great Plains, but Won’t Hit Until After Caucuses
posted Feb 1 2016, 5:18 pm ET / by Alexander Smith and Alex Johnson / NBC News

[size=16]CNN: Groundhog Day: Punxsutawney Phil sees early spring[/size]
By Joseph Netto, CNN - 8:38 AM ET, Tue February 2, 2016

2 Likes

[size=16]Cruz Beats Trump in Iowa; Clinton Edges Out Sanders in Historically-Close Caucus[/size]

FEB 2 2016, 5:21 AM ET

It’s hard to think of Spring when it already feels like Summer this week! But I guess it’s official.

On Groundhog Day, Staten Island Chuck Predicts an Early Spring
posted Feb. 2, 2016 / by Eli Rosenberg / The New York Times

Super Bowl 2016: Time, TV schedule, halftime show, prop bets, odds, online streaming and more
posted Feb 6, 2016, 9:30am / by Katie Sharp / SB Nation

Countdown to Super Bowl 50
Feb 6, 2016 / CBS.com

posted February 17th, 2016 / by KK Miller

posted February 18th, 2016 / by Preston Phro

Uber driver arraigned on 6 murder counts: What we know

2:56 p.m. EST February 22, 2016