Breaking News Bulletin Board

###Mississippi Passes Most Anti-LGBT “Religious Freedom” Bill To Date
Alan Jude Ryland | March 31, 2016

Other states have tried this and were pressured into walking it back by major corporations who do business in their states. The article mentions Georgia walking it back, but Arizona and Indiana also walked it back. This sort of thing has failed 3 times and North Carolina might bring it up to 4.

Maybe it’ll stick in MS, if it becomes law, because there are no major corporations (at least, none that come to mind) there? If so, Georgia is right next door.

Problem is that Same Sex Marriage was being accepted in the US, one state at a time, but that wasn’t fast enough and the Supreme Court was pulled in to force a quick change. So, now you have a lot of people who might have otherwise just shrugged and went on with life who are going to try to push back.

The People on both sides of the issue have rights and both have to be accommodated. No getting around that. Trying to go fast will likely only make it take longer.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

###National Post: Atlanta Braves unleash the Burgerizza on Opening Day fans
by Bonnie S. Benwick, Washington Post | April 4, 2016 3:43 PM ET

2 Likes

Hello? This is your heart attack… I’m ready.

3 Likes

The Link doesn’t want to click thru? Maybe my heart isn’t ready for it yet. :persevere:

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Anyone heard much about the Panama Papers yet?

I have been having the dumbest luck with links lately - try it now.

I’ve been seeing a few articles, as long as they don’t release MY information… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Oh good grief. $26 for a heart attack.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Boy if your heart survives that, the bathrooms sure won’t.

1 Like

With the Panama Papers so far not really involving parties of note in the USA, I can’t say I’ve paid it much mind. Maybe if something were to turn up from it further detailing the disastrous saga of the Rio Olympics, but so far it seems more for the Euros (as the people other countries implicated having corrupt officials probably aren’t surprised by the revelation lol).

I wonder if they’ll make a bigger splash stateside than the recent National Enquirer (alleged) presidential scandal?

###MSN News: NASCAR stumbles again, looks more and more clueless
Apr 23, 2016

Open mouth, insert lug nuts…

Kind of off topic, I like how the Transgender thing has snuck it’s way into the mess that is SJWs. I’m cool with lesbians/gays & fixing the justice system but why trannies all of the sudden? Pretending to be the opposite sex and demanding I act accordingly otherwise I’m a POS is interfering with my I don’t give a f*ck bubble I’m trying to stay in.

Edit: To be fair I have nothing against trannies I just don’t see why we need laws to recognize them as anything else than what they were genetically born as.

3 Likes

We’ve jumped quite a bit ahead of where we were in the process of accommodating same sex marriage and the various transgender issues. In essence we skipped a number of stages and arrived at the end by virtue of the Supreme Court’s decision. It’s those skips that are coming back on us now, you’ve got a lot of folks ( like @OneWayDevil ) who’s "Eh, Big Hairy Deal " bubbles got burst and they are pushing back … hard.

In the end we here in the US all live together in the same country we don’t have a choice, we have to establish a balance where everyone is, at the minimum, left alone with their beliefs and lifestyles so long as they don’t force them on others.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

The good ol’ govern"mental" process. Lol. I wouldn’t count me as one of the ones pushing back because I won’t pick a side either way it’s going to take a lot more than that to make me actually care. I mean I have an opinion but it’s more of a confused of what’s going on and opinion than anything else. This all seems more like an opportunity to kick back in my chair and eat popcorn as the world self implodes.

2 Likes

NASCAR is taking flak because its chairman “took his sweet time” to address the NC law? Seems to me that it’s not his job to chime in on political issues, at least those that don’t directly pertain to NASCAR.

I’m not sure that article gives enough credit to NASCAR as they were the “tip of the spear” in getting the IN law reworked (which seems to have ended once-favored Mike Pence’s aims at the Presidency).

Giving anime fans a bad name…

Apr 29, 2016

Someone finally told the news folks that Pandas aren’t brown?

Hopefully this (and mental illness) now being tied back to anime (sigh) won’t further Otakon’s stigma. If it does, it’s their last year in Baltimore so no biggie (they’re going to DC just as the news that the Metro is borked beyond belief breaks…Otakon can’t catch a break)