Breaking News Bulletin Board

October 21, 2016

###FBI Director Says Investigation Into Hillary Clinton Emails Back On
Oct 28, 2016, 4:01 PM ET

^^More

6:02 PM ET, Fri October 28, 2016

Makes me wonder if the soon-to-be-released dirt that Assange is hyping could leave the FBI looking pretty bad if it doesn’t keep pressing its investigation.

On a side note, I do wonder if Assange isn’t keeping up with Early Voting in the US. Maybe it doesn’t really matter, but there are states where people can cast their POTUS vote now.

1 Like

This is the kind of news that makes early voting very difficult. It might’ve changed some minds but it’s too late, so this will be up to the independants and also lucky Dems who haven’t cast theirs yet.

We don’t know much yet but if Wikileaks and ObamaCare were the slow bleed out, FBI reopening could potentially be the venom that kills for the Clinton Campaign.

1 Like

I wonder if there’d be an uproar from the folks who’ve already locked in their ballot if Assange’s info delivers on his claim as the DNC would then, as I understand it, be able to “tag in” another candidate for POTUS.

I can't say I'm a big fan of early voting. Last time around I couldn't do it (and voted on election day) as the lines were too long...and the kicker was that hardly anyone actually turned out for early voting and the lines were so long simply because they moved slowly as the ballot was chock full of referendums that many voters were unprepared for.

Actually if Clinton were elected, Kaine would be President if Hilary went to jail (She should have at the very least had her security clearance revoked for 6 months on the initial charges, anyone else would be in Leavenworth before the ink dried on the subpoena) so no swapping out candidates would be necessary.

I voted yesterday, wife voted today. No long lines, more poll workers than voters. I wouldn’t be surprised by anything that happens before election day or on it for that matter.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

That’s how it was for the primary election this year. That’s also how it was for the 2014 primary and election. I wish it were so in 2016 general.

In theory, since the state finally dropped the straight-outta-the-90s touch-screen voting machines but, as Homer Simpson put it, “In theory the metric system works!” :slight_smile:

One good thing seems to be that early voting has reached a record turnout already this year here, something that didn’t happen the last time around, so maybe that means more people will actually turn out to vote and this state could actually be a “swing state” this time around.

This cycle, my ballot has 7 referendums on it, as well as a spate of “Should [X] get to stay in office?” questions for folks that no one except [X] has heard of lol. I’m betting that’s what is gumming up the works.

1 Like

10 days to the election and it’s already gone straight down to Weiner Probe and Stroking Gun. Just when you thought we couldn’t hit any lower…lol

3 Likes

The old “How low can you go?” question doesn’t even apply this time. There’s no bottom to it.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

Managed to get my vote in, only took ~40 minutes. It’s kinda surreal as for me, election season is over but there’s still really a week to go. Found out later that the turnout really dropped over the weekend, down to 2/3rds what it was beforehand.

1 Like

I’m not touching any of that with a ten-foot pole

1 Like

Over here, the only early voting thing you can do is the absent voting, meaning you have reasons for not being able to go to the polls on election day.

Assuming that you’re not a filthy liar, the reasons they allow for you to use it in my state are:

• 60 or older
  • disabled or unable to vote without assistance at the polls
  • working as an election inspector outside the precinct you live in
  • expecting to be out of town on election day
  • religious reasons
  • in jail awaiting arraignment or trial

And the deadline to get the absent ballot was Oct 11

1 Like

I thought my early voting was kinda screwy but now I hear that there are states where you can change your early vote. o_0

2 Likes

Wisconsin (up to 3 times), Michigan, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, New York and Connecticut.

Minnesota deadline of November 1 has passed so it’s out of play.

1 Like
2 Likes

Congratulations to the Cubs! :fireworks: :us: :fireworks:

3 Likes

Wow. With that much “do over” potential, why not just let everyone change their ballots up until the day the Electoral College votes in December…?

And better luck next time to the “new Cubs”, the Cleveland Indians :wink:

1 Like

BREAKING: DONALD TRUMP WINS THE PRESIDENCY

Nov 09, 2016 1:50 AM

For all the latest news, details and to share ideas: https://www.greatagain.gov/

3 Likes