Breaking News Bulletin Board

Everyone should take this survey! It’s pretty fun!

###Soup or Pizza: Second graders create adorable survey that’s taking over the internet
March 16, 2017

3 Likes

Well so much for that -

“Too many requests. Wow, this file is really popular! It might be unavailable until the crowd clears. Try again.”

It is pretty cute though.

2 Likes

Took it. Great questions class!

2 Likes

Took it as well. Do they still teach cursive in school?

…I can’t help but hear Johnny Depp saying “Indiana? There is absolutely nothing I want to do in Indiana.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good question. I would think so for signatures.

1 Like

Thanks to the prevalence of computer text cursive writing isn’t being used much by the younger generations, my sons all can write cursive but they “Print” their signatures on official documents. This does not seem to cause any issues.

The survey was neat, but some of the questions told you more about the kids that created it than they could tell the kids about you.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

April 1, 2017

Apr 1, 2017, 3:07pm EDT / by Chaim Gartenberg

1 Like

Mon April 3, 2017 / Updated 1:35 PM ET / by Tim Lister, Emma Burrows and Angela Dewan

1 Like

So tragic what happened there.

April 10, 2017

And then, after that:

1 Like

Ah the classic run-around move. lol

3 Likes

Boy will that cost United, lawsuit, bad PR and who in their right mind would fly with them if they pull stunts like that. :astonished:

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0003631528
April 10, 2017 / Reuters

Is it possible that the ousted passenger was “turning it up to 11” in order to make the most out of this? Maybe I’ve just seen too many law/cop shows.

Despite their concern, none of the passengers would “bite the bullet” for him and take the $800 + Free Hotel Stay to deplane?

Irrespective, United “volunteering” people is a sorry thing, especially when it is just so their employees could ride for free. Why wouldn’t the airplane have “unofficial” seats for that sort of thing?

2 Likes

He put on a show, but with all the hassles of flying these days I’m not really surprised that the passengers weren’t willing to be bumped for what United offered.

When they got no takers at $800 in travel + night at a hotel the managers at the terminal should have stopped and looked at booking their dead-heading crew on some other flight. Even paying for seats on another airline would have been better than the cost of what they did. Likely their stock took a hit on the exchange when this started getting news coverage and even a couple of cents decline would be enough damage.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

If you’re interested in the United story, here’s a few updates:

More articles

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/united-airlines-promised-federal-regulators-all-ticketed-passengers-are-guaranteed
April 11, 2017

http://www.businessinsider.com/united-airlines-ceo-oscar-munoz-apology-david-dao-good-morning-america-2017-4
April 12, 2017

A Kentucky newspaper wrote an article about the passenger (which has since been taken down), listing his home address, a photo of his home and reporting about him losing his medical license and extolled the fact that he wasn’t really a doctor anymore, then this:

1 Like

Interesting twist, that the “doxing” of the alleged doctor might’ve been bad intel.

But, if the info legitimately describes another real person, can it really be an actionable offense? Reminds me of the time when Spike Lee was sued and brought to pay reparations after he erred and tweeted out the wrong address for George Zimmerman’s hideout, but in that case significant harm was done.

So. This just happened.

###US Drops Largest Non-Nuclear Bomb in Afghanistan
April 13, 2017

2 Likes

5/13/2017 09:28 am JST

May 18, 2017, 12:56 PM ET