Couple of articles I found interesting:

Google no longer lets you change domains to search different countries

October 28, 2017

Twitter hate, violence policies to take effect late November

October 28, 2017

1 Like

Good for them. About time.

1 Like

Now, define Hate. Donā€™t think that will turn out well, but it should be good for the lawyers.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

I think in the broadest sense, telling someone that you need to be murdered, raped or maimed in some way is a clear definition of hate.

I understand that there are circumstances where things may be borderline, but right now, some people are getting away with threatening peoplesā€™ lives. Even if theyā€™re only ā€œjokingā€, the person receiving these messages have no way of knowing that.

And, besides, why on earth do people need to be so extreme? If you donā€™t like someone or something they say, STOP FOLLOWING THEM or reading their tweets, thereā€™s absolutely no need to threaten someone just because you donā€™t have the same beliefs.

/rant over

2 Likes

The question answers itself, ā€œPeopleā€. You and I know what you said to be true, but Iā€™ve met people who have as their core belief that you arenā€™t allowed to believe anything different. Itā€™s common to an amazing degree. So the challenge is that defining hate beyond the very basic is hopeless and this is what Twitter will by trying to do. I would wish them luck, but there wonā€™t be any.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

ā€œThink before you speakā€ is too hard apparently. Itā€™s so easy to get caught up in knee-jerk reactions these days when somebody gets under your skin. People should learn to clean up the swamp instead of willingly getting neck deep in it.

2 Likes

One last bit of ranting, Thinking before Speaking is fundamental. The problem is that technology - like Twitter - makes Speaking out to large groups of people easier. It seems to me to have made it so easy that Thinking has become hard in comparison.

I always try to sign my posts because it makes me ā€œThinkā€ before I click the button.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

Everyone, please be safe out there.

Four People Reportedly Shot Dead in Downtown Manhattan

October 31, 2017

UPDATE: At least 6 dead in incident in lower Manhattan

October 31, 2017

1 Like

Up to 8 now, more still in the hospital. At least they got him aliveā€¦

Texas Church Shooting: More Than Two Dozen Parishioners Killed

NOV 5 2017, 7:39 PM ET

That website obliterated into advertising Snowy, whatā€™s up with that story?

@fillet - try this one:

26 killed in church attack in Texasā€™ worst mass shooting

Nov 5, 2017

1 Like

Sad news, but that link worked Slow thank you

1 Like

:smile: :wink:

Somehow, This DIY License Plate Failed to Fool the Cops

November 15 2017

1 Like

November 28, 2017

Oh no, not the Birther stuff again :wink:

Foreign father, American motherā€¦we just got done with all that last year when ā€œThe Zodiac Killerā€ ran for POTUS lol.

2 Likes

BE SAFE, @Psychopuppet !!

Magnitude 4.4 quake strikes Delaware -USGS

November 30, 2017

1 Like

Jury finds undocumented immigrant not guilty of murder of Kate Steinle

Dec 1, 2017, 1:32 AM ET

My video of the event:

3 Likes