Breaking News Bulletin Board

7:54 pm, April 02, 2018 / The Japan News

Will this never end?

April 3, 2018

1 Like

YouTube Headquarters Shooting: Stars React to Tragic Incident

April 04, 2018 11:45 am

1 Like

Now that we know more about what started this and how it was allowed to happen.

No.

I donā€™t have any other answer.

It seems that YouTubeā€™s decisions to ā€œDe-Monitizeā€ the shooterā€™s videos was the root cause of the incident. When you touch on someoneā€™s passion, and from what Iā€™ve read this woman was passionate, you need to tread lightly. Most people wonā€™t be upset if you simply disagree with them, but when you take money out of their pockets ā€¦ it gets heated in a hurry.

With millions of people using YouTube and who knows how many be ā€œDe-Monitizedā€ ( Do not like word. ) it will be surprising that something similar to this does not happen again, maybe multiple times.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Way to burst my bubbleā€¦ but I agree with all that you said. Money is a strong motivator.

Iā€™d just like to go a week or so without any of these terrible things happening. (Iā€™d really like to go forever, but Iā€™ll take what I can get at this point.)

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just had enough (bad) experiences to guide my responses into the cynical territories more often than not.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

The more technology advances and connects us faster and farther the more we see how the world really is, was, and will be unfortunately. I turned all my news feeds off so now Iā€™m not bombarded 24/7 with the horrors of life and politics.

4 Likes

Oh hell no.

April 12, 2018

1 Like

Ewww NO! Thatā€™s disgusting. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

If youā€™re afraid of everyone, maybe use that doorbell camera and see whoā€™s knocking instead of opening the door. And seriously, what burglar knocks on the door?

April 14, 2018

Sadly, around here, quite a few.

1 Like

All the more reason to use that camera.

1 Like

CNN affiliate WDIV

Thatā€™s our local NBC station. Do CNN and NBC belong to the same group?

Sadly, I tend to forget I have a camera doorbell because so few people actually use the damn thing (also, doesnā€™t help the battery in the thing actually dies during the 20-30% range now), they just want to knock first.

No, but CNN does work with local stations as feeders for news so they would credit them like an affiliate.

We donā€™t need a door camera, we have a side window next to the door and bay windows. Can easily see whoever it is that rang the doorbell.

Mark Gosdin

A burglar who wants to find out if anyone is home at the house he is planning to burgle?

TBF, this homeowner was following the advice of then-Vice President Joe Biden:
ā€œ[Y]ou want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.ā€

You canā€™t get away with anything forever.

April 25, 2018

2 Likes

Yowzer, no wonder it took so long.

April 26, 2018

2 Likes

Iā€™ve gotta say, after the fact just doesnā€™t seem like justiceā€¦ Iā€™d like to know what new evidence turned the minds of the jurors.

2 Likes

More testimony from other victims. They werenā€™t allowed in the previous trial, but this Judge ruled differently.

It will be appealed after sentencing, could take up to 2 years on appeal. Cosby is 80 and his health is failing, any sentence will likely result in him dying in jail, if not during the appeal process.

Itā€™s a sad deal all around.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes