Castle

Castle - Mondays on ABC

Plot Summary: Castle follows Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, a famous mystery novelist who has killed off his main character in his book series and has writer’s block. He is brought in by the NYPD for questioning regarding a copy-cat murder based on one of his novels. He is intrigued by this new window into crime and murder, and uses his connections to charm his way into shadowing the captivating Detective Kate Beckett, played by Stana Katic. Castle decides to use Beckett as the model for the main character of his next book series starring “Nikki Heat”. Beckett, an avid reader of Castle’s books, initially disapproves of having Castle shadow her on her cases, but later warms up and recognizes Castle as a useful resource in her team’s investigations. (from Wiki)

Still a favorite - just gets better with every season! :wink:

It and Suits are the only shows that I’d miss if a miracle were to happen and the Firefly cast were to be reunited. Nathan Fillion totally makes this show, especially in Season 2 (iirc) where he dresses up as Captain Malcolm Reynolds for Halloween.

One of my absolute favorite shows.

Did this show ever get an overarching plot or is it still just a “crime of the week” show, with Captain Reynolds spicing things up?

Had one for some time dealing with the murder of Becket’s mother.

:frowning:

The firefly homage in a Halloween ep a while back kept me going through the time of the apartment bombing, which was a while ago, but it doesn’t sound like I’m missing too much. I still check out an ep every once in a while, but my “plate” (and dvr) is already full of American “mystery of the week” shows. Just wanted to make sure that the show hadn’t bloomed into some epic, ongoing saga.

Rick Castle does remind me a bit of Charlie Harper from two and a half men, that is worth something :wink:

Love the show and the way the season ended, but because of the way it ended, I’m a little surprised it got renewed. But I’m happy!! :slight_smile:

Episode 100 -

The homage to Rear Window was just perfect for this milestone episode! But this version had a great twisted ending and was just right for Castle.

###Ask Matt: The Blacklist and Castle Fallout
April 26, 2016

IMO Castle might improve without Stana Katic. Her character, the “ice princess”, wore thin IMO and as the seasons went on, the writers seemed to think that the show was called Beckett.

Less Kate = moar Fillion, and that’s what made the show work originally.

###Castle Canceled by ABC
May 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Interesting. I wasn’t sure what to expect, since CBS renewed NCIS for two more years even though it has been running on fumes for a while too and one of its main characters had, before the renewal announcement went out, announced that he’ll be quitting the show after this season too.

I wonder what Nathan Fillion will get up to now…or if he’ll just fade away like his predecessor Brendan Fraser did.

###ABC Boss Talks the End of Castle
May 17, 2016 1:40 pm

###Ask Matt: Confused By Castle’s Hasty End
May 24, 2016 9:45 am

###Ask Matt: Life After Castle (But No Afterlife?)
June 1, 2016 9:45 am

###ABC Boss on Castle’s Demise
August 4, 2016 1:30 pm

###August 23: This Week on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD (Castle: The Complete Eighth and Final Season)
AUGUST 23, 2016