Code Geass / Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Genres: action, drama, magic, psychological, science fiction
Themes: Alternate history, death, mecha, military, mind control, politics, real robot, school, strategic minds, war
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 25
Vintage: 2006-10-05 to 2007-03-29
Plot Summary: The Empire of Britannia has invaded Japan using giant robot weapons called Knightmare Frames. Japan is now referred to as Area 11, and its people the 11’s. A Britannian who was living in Japan at the time, Lelouch, vowed to his Japanese friend Suzaku that he’d destroy Britannia. Years later, Lelouch is in high school, but regularly skips out of school to go play chess and gamble on himself. One day, he stumbles on terrorists 11’s who’ve stolen a military secret and is caught by a member of the Britannian task force sent after them, who is Suzaku. As the rest of the squad arrives, Suzaku is shot for disobeying orders, while the military secret, a young girl, gives Lelouch the power of Geass, which makes anyone obey any order. While Suzaku is secretly made the pilot of Britannia’s brand new prototype Knightmare, Lancelot, Lelouch becomes the masked Zero to lead the rebellion to destroy Britannia once and for all.

ANN Info Page

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2

Genres: action, drama, magic, psychological, science fiction
Themes: conspiracy, mecha, military, mind control, politics, real robot, revenge, strategic minds, tragedy, war
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 25
Vintage: 2008-04-06 to 2008-09-28
Plot Summary: It’s been one year since the failure of the Black Rebellion and the supposed death of Zero. Britannia has assigned Area 11 a “correctional education” status, where Elevens are made an example of by brute force, to try to prevent any future uprisings and suppress rebellious thoughts. Unsuspecting high school student Lelouch, oblivious to his rebellious past as Zero, stumbles upon a scheme on his life and the life of a mysterious woman known as C.C., who reveals to him his forgotten purpose and his “true” self. Destroying his assailants and declaring himself Zero once again, Lelouch sets out to finish what he started.

ANN Info Page

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Special Edition ‘Black Rebellion’ (OAV) Vintage: 2008-02-22
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Special Edition ‘Zero Requiem’ (OAV) Vintage: 2009-07-24
Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland (OAV) Vintage: 2012-07-27
Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (OAV) Vintage: 2012-08-04

Season 1 - Episodes on Adult Swim
  1. The Day A New Demon Was Born!
  2. The White Knight Awakens!
  3. The False Classmate!
  4. His Name is Zero!
  5. The Princess and the Witch!
  6. The Stolen Mask!
  7. Attack Cornelia!
  8. The Black Knights!
  9. Refrain!
  10. Guren Dances!
  11. Battle for Narita!
  12. Messenger From Kyoto!
  13. Shirley at Gunpoint!
  14. Geass vs. Geass!
  15. Cheering Mao!
  16. Nunnally Held Hostage!
  17. Knight!
  18. I Order Suzaku Kururugi!
  19. Island of the Gods!
  20. War at Kyushu!
  21. Declaration at the School Festival!
  22. Bloodstained Euphie!
  23. To Sorrow With Love!
  24. The Collapsing Stage!
  25. Zero!
Season 2 - Episodes on Adult Swim
  1. The Day a Demon Awakens! (Nov 1, 2008)
  2. Plan For Independent Japan! (Nov 15)
  3. Imprisoned in Campus! (Nov 22)
  4. Counterattack at the Gallows! (Nov 29)
  5. Knights of the Round! (Dec 6)
  6. Surprise Attack Over the Pacific! (Dec 13)
  7. Abandoned Mask! (Jan 12)
  8. One Million Miracles! (Jan 17)
  9. A Bride in the Red Forbidden City! (Jan 24)
  10. When Shen Hu Wins Glory! (Jan 31)
  11. Power of Passion! (Feb 7)
  12. Love Attack! (Feb 14)
  13. Assassin from the Past (Feb 21)
  14. Geass Hunt! (Feb 28)
  15. C’s World! (Mar 7)
  16. United Federation of Nations Resolution No. 1! (May 2)
  17. Taste of Dirt! (May 9)
  18. Second Decisive Battle of Tokyo! (May 9)
  19. Betrayal! (May 16)
  20. Emperor Dethroned! (May 16)
  21. Ragnarok Connection! (May 23)
  22. Emperor Lelouch! (May 23)
  23. Schneizel’s Mask! (May 30)
  24. Sky of Damocles! (May 30)
  25. Re: (June 6, 2009)

New Episode of Code Geass this weekend!!

The first episode will be “C’s World” which was the last episode that was shown last March.

Then, we’ll get to see a Brand New Episode! :laugh:

I’m excited about finally getting to see a new episode. I just wish they put it up online at the same time, that way I wouldn’t have to stay up so late to watch it. Fortunately, summer break just started for me, so I can stay up late without it hurting me too much.

Finally a new episode after weeks and weeks of waiting. The wait was worth it… great over the top drama that we’ve come to expect of this series. Just when Lelouch thinks he has it all figured out, the Emperor comes to rain on his parade as usual.

Poor CC in her confused and frail state…

And also the witch Nina has created a weapon of mass destruction. -_- … Figures.

Towards the end of the episode with Lelouch figuring out once again through CC what really matters, he’s forced to turn to Suzaku to protect his sister, yet there’s now a trade off for this. Can’t wait to see what happens on next week’s episode! Now we’re getting 2 a week til the end, 5 more weeks to go and this series should come to an end.

I was sooo happy to see new episodes this past weekend. Seeing some new material reminded me why I liked this show so much in the first place. Over the top drama + action = happy me! :cheer:

CC reverting back to her old self, prior to obtaining the Geass adds so many possibilities to the storyline, both good and bad. Lelouch has a chance to treat her well and with kindness, something that she did not get in her former/normal lifespan. However, this means that CC is not available for moral and tactical support like she was when her Geass was intact.

The last 5 minutes of the last episode was so great, I had to rewind my DVR and watch it agian. Just imagining how much pride Lelouch had to swallow, not only to finally confirm that he is Zero to Suzaku , but to also ask that Nunnally be protected by him was great!

Ready for the next few weeks so that we can see how this story concludes.

Fantastic. I am so glad this is back. And it just gets better and better.

Now that was some rather interesting episodes last night.
Looks like Lelouch’s geass on Suzaku came back to bite him in the ass.
An eye for an eye indeed.

The two episodes aired last night were pretty epic. Can’t wait to see where all of this goes next.

I just can’t wait for bandai to put out boxed sets of both seasons so I can watch it all over again. It’s kind of sucked to have to put up with all of the stoppages.

Amazing. I can not think of a new series that I’ve been watching with as much cliffhangers and edge of the seat drama as this one, since Death Note.

The curse of Geass has been a central theme of the story with the dramatic and sad conclusion of season 1, and now once again it seems like it has hit close to home once again for Lelouch. His revenge and dreams have been an ever-increasing burden to him… hurting all his loved ones around him, and at what cost…

I do feel Suzaku was a little too restrained though. Once Suzaku and Lelouch were found out with their secret meeting, Suzaku didn’t pay much attention to try to make Lelouch believe there was no backstabbing. Instead later on in the pair of episodes instead of trying to reason, Suzaku just demanded Lelouch repent and pay for his sins… yeah like that’s going to work! :wink: It’s also interesting that Lelouch between them made no attempt at rationalizing or even explaining to Suzaku how Euphemia and Shirley died, instead he just completely owned up to it. If I were in Suzaku’s shoes, the difference between knowing cold intent and accidental incidences is still a big difference.

Also Vic Mignogna was playing one of the Knights of the Round… this time a villainous character. He rarely plays those types. :slight_smile:

This series has been the best production in English dubbing of the year… truly a cast of veteran all stars and the production’s end result has been increasingly excellent. (A shaky start with VAs trying to get into their roles at first, with several missteps)… but it’s turned out to be a grade A production suited for a series of this caliber.

Can not wait to see how the rest of this series pans out.

If Lelouch would stop lying, He would be better off.
I don’t know if he is capable of telling the truth anymore.
He is no longer able to tell if someone is lying or telling the truth either.

I am hopeful he metts glorious end.

If he stopped lying he’d be a nobody – without the means to stop the Emperor’s wrongdoings and having billions around the world enslaved in such a regime where millions of people are treated like sub-humans.

Lelouch is a great leader. Several of the characters have discovered his lies. For the most part, instead of getting angry they dismiss them, because they have faith in him (I could give a number of examples). If they have faith in him, he really did not need to lie in the first place, because they could have hanlded the truth.

In fact the only person in the series that seem bother by people lying is Lelouch, which is true irony.

Fantastic set of episodes, this was packed with drama and excitement we’ve come to expect of this series as it makes its end-sprint.

The chess analogies in the series continue to be a great backdrop and Lelouch was caught off-guard after the death of his sister, when Schneizel turned the tables on Lelouch by presenting a one-sided story. With Lelouch’s earlier series of guilts weighing him down into self-blame, Lelouch’s moments of sorrow and admission are used against him with his comrades… and Lelouch being in the state he was in, didn’t want to involve anyone else on his path to self-destruction. Instead of speaking for himself to explain his actions, like in the Kallen scene, he took the hardest route of all, just accepting all the burden even if it meant losing everyone around him.

The scene with Rolo and those moments were also quite good, but equally surprising were the scenes with Nina – the wench and xenophobic psycho showed great moments of shock and sorrow for the consequences of her actions. I enjoy the complexity of these characters immensely.

Not to mention we learn a bit more about Anya.

One noteworthy aspect that bears mentioning was the music in these 2 episodes. The orchestral themes were stellar and beautifully produced with a real sounding orchestra. This continues to be one of the highest tiered soundtracks in expense and quality that I can recall in the last year.

The dub was also exceedingly good for such powerful episodes. In the capable hands of one of LA’s best production houses, and a cast of top veteran stars… this dub as far as I’m concerned may end up to be the crown jewel of late 2008 through 2009 dubs.

I’m incredibly anxious to see next week’s set of episodes.

I was really happy with these two episodes, mainly to see that all of the cards have been laid out on the table. Having the Black Knights find out Zero’s identity from Schneizel was a delight to watch. Seeing the shock and disbelief run across their faces, as they tried to rationalize Lelouch’s actions and protect Zero to the end was great.

I was also glad to see Suzaku grow a backbone, even if it took him killing millions of people for it to happen. He has been so unsure of himself for most of the series, it was a great revelation to see him finally pick a cause and stick with it, without all of the back and forth that we’ve seen from him up until this point.

May be the only one, but I never really saw the point of Rolo’s character until now. He just seemed like a loose thread hanging from a shirt that needed to be trimmed. He never really seemed to be a cohesive part of the show. I was glad, however, that he redeemed himself in Lelouch’s eyes, the one person who mattered to him, which helped to make his exit more satisfying.

So now that Lelouch has “sealed” his fate, so to speak, and is poised for an epic battle with his father, how will things play out back in the real world with him being absent? (rhetorical question, of course!:stuck_out_tongue: )

I am so looking forward to this last batch of episodes. I have enjoyed this series from the start and can’t wait to see how everything plays out.

Three more episodes to go!

Though for the most part for me it’s been fairly predictable, they still seem to throw out just enough WTH twists to keep me interested.

These last two episodes, nay, the last 4-6 episodes have been rather riviting as everything is starting to come together and close.

It’ll be interesting to see what they pull off in the last three.

All I want is MOAR!!!

I have been exceptionally pleased with these last few episodes. I’ve been on the edge of my seat and completely enthralled with this series. I can’t wait to see how it ends.

So we find out what actually happened in the past with certainty… and that cliffhanger at the end, awesome. I can’t wait to see how this ends.

Well now, that was a pretty epic ending!

This series actually turned out better than I thought it would.

Well, with all the plot twists it sure kept me on my toes, even until the very last scene.

Also, I’m glad AS re-ran the previous episode before the finale. I needed the recap. Between this show and the Bleach Arrancar eps, it was a enjoyable couple of hours of new from AS.