Complaints and Suggestions regarding the Forum software

testing the list functions i found this…

[li]list item 1[/li]
[li]list item 2[/li]

notice the spacing of extra line height showing the list trying to work using this exact code.

[quote]CODE:

[li]list item 1[/li] [li]list item 2[/li] [/quote]

it is failing to use the

• HTML tag in the BBCode [li]…[/li] tag.
    lists do NOT use a closing tag and never have in any form of HTML and an end tag for list items has not deprecated.

[quote]CODE:

it is failing to use the <li> HTML tag in the BBCode [li]...[/li] tag. lists do NOT use a closing tag and never have in any form of HTML and an end tag for list items has not deprecated.[/quote]

also notice the above whee the ellipse has a break before and after it rather than being a list item.

after looking at it, this kunena nonsense is very persnickity and a bad choice for existing forums abnd all accounts say you should start using it with a brand new HDD not upgrade from one software to this as problems wiull occur which has been seen and unable to be fixed in 3 years. it is also a jumbled code and seems you would need to check and edit 6 files rathern than the 1 with Vb or phpBB to make BBcode work. so not sure where the error lies but maybe upgrading to nov 24/2012 version of the software may fix some errors, but will likely break any customization TAN has.

odds are something as simple as the lists functions will never get fixed here, currently too sick to be able to dig deeper into kunena file and code structure to figure out what file should be checked for fixing the lists. :frowning:

Available Boardcode for Kunena

• when posting the above post with the edit it took a few times because i was met with a blank page with the following:

For some reason if I try to edit my website profile the changes do not take after I save them and just revert to what they were. (You know the place where you can list what anime you are currently watching, your favorite anime, and what you get TAN on, etc.) This is annoying because I’m perpetually stuck “watching” anime from like last summer and can’t update it. I don’t know if it has anything to do with it, but the menu bar which is usually at the bottom of each page, which displays options like “About Us”, “Legal”, “FAQ”, etc. is displayed in the center of that very same “Edit Profile” page instead; cutting the page in half. :S

The end tag is included in the W3 standard. It is optional in HTML-4.01 and later.

http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/struct/lists.html

• - Start tag: required, End tag: optional

• See this Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network on Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network.