Covert Affairs

Covert Affairs

Genres: Action, Drama
Rating: TV-14
Running Time: 45 minutes per episode
Number of Seasons: 5 [CANCELLED]
Number of Episodes: 75
Vintage: July 13, 2010 – December 18, 2014

Plot Summary: A young CIA trainee, Annie Walker, is sent out into the field to work at the Domestic Protection Division (DPD). August “Auggie” Anderson, a blind tech operative, is Annie’s guide in her new life. Annie’s cover story is that she works in Acquisitions at the Smithsonian Museum. (from WIki)

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

A fun show, but I don’t know how she can run around, chasing the bad guys in those heels! :lol:

I did not care for this show. I saw the first episode and I just couldn’t suspend my disbelief, but I’ve been slowly watching it as it has Christopher Gorham in it (the blind guy) who had his own decent show a while back on the now-dead UPN. Interesting to see him dug up for a rather major role, and he is one of the stronger actors and characters in this. This was still better than many “real network” shows IMO. By far.

With the rapid decline of Burn Notice (and that Unnecessary Roughness and Fairly Legal don’t interest me), I’d probably place it 4th on my list of “best” USA network shows (Behind White Collar, Suits, In Plain Sight; in that order).

Considering USA Network’s tendency for light-hearted shows that don’t feature a lot of violence, I’m surprised that they have 2 shows involving spies. Burn Notice really needed to be on a different network considering the path it is now taking. The cast of that show has really aged. It is hard to believe that Burn Notice has only been going for 5 years.

while i doubt it is very realistic it is still a very fun show to watch .

A Chris gorham show got renewed? Shocking, since his other show still hadn’t made it to DVD and was never shown in its entirety in the us.

I’m glad this one is back! The opening was quite a shocker!

And it’s a shame the team got split up, but I’m glad Annie and Auggie got a mission together. I also hope Auggie doesn’t get married. I think that would kind of ruin things.

And I also saw this interesting tidbit on Wiki -

[spoiler]“Season 3: 2012 … All episode titles are also titles of David Bowie songs.”

I thought that was rather odd![/spoiler]

I finally got up to date with this show. I still maintain that the series pilot was horrendous, but the show got much better. It’s all about Chris Gorham though, as well as Henry Wilcox (whose actor played a similar role in 24) and Jai Wilcox (sad).

The line where Annie’s new boss tells her former boss: “When you go to a man for help, you make us both look bad”. They’re both women. Would a woman asking a woman for help be as bad? If a man asks a man for help, is that just as bad? What about a man asking a woman for help?

That line was so out of place and it came out of nowhere. It also made no sense, and didn’t even describe the situation properly.

IDK about you, but I was also disappointed by Auggie becoming a total punk in this past episode. In Season 2 he was able to beat down a thug solo despite being blind, and in both previous seasons he was seen as Annie’s sparring partner. Yet he was bested twice in one episode.

In fact, when he was ambushed on the fire escape and couldn’t get his cane back, it looked like he was so helpless that he might cry. How (and why) did he go from being awesome to being the “damsel in distress”?

Okay, I have to ask: Is there some sort of law that decrees that women in positions of “power” have to be airheaded, implied lesbians, and really, really, really bitchy? Cause at this point I’d believe it, watching this season. Especially the new boss, she’s the “paragon” of this, she’s like the Japanese lieutenant from Total Eclipse, only more bitchy (!!), less competent as a leader, and trades in “teh moe” for a Joan Jett-esque appearance.

If dudes are supposed to be attracted to this, I’m an outlier.

This show doesn’t have a single “strong female character”, and it is really pissing me off.

I want to watch this, but then I remember how they made Auggie break character and cry like a little baby and made him into a “damsel in distress”. Maybe the awesomeness of the former President from 24 (manipulative former CIA director guy in this) can compensate from that but I’m not sure.

If only there were some way to know if they were going to ruin Auggie as a character again or if that was just a one-time bad decision…

Series Cancelled! Will re-open if news shows renewed interest in the series.