Date A Live

Date A Live

Genres: action, comedy, drama, fantasy, romance, science fiction
Themes: fanservice, harem, superpower, yandere
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Thirty years before a strange phenomena called a “spacequake” devastated the center of Eurasia, claiming the lives of at least 150 million people. Since then, smaller spacequakes plague the world on a irregular basis. Shidō Itsuka, a seemingly ordinary high schooler comes across a mysterious girl at the ground zero of a spacequake and learns from his sister Kotori she is one of the “Spirits” who are the real cause of the spacequakes that occur when they manifest themselves in the world. He also learns that Kotori is the captain of the airship Ratatoskr and recruits him to make use of his mysterious ability to seal the Spirits’ powers and stop them from being a threat to mankind. However, there is a catch: to seal a Spirit, he must make her fall in love with him.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2013-04-05

ANN Info Page

Date A Live II

Themes: fanservice, harem, mecha, superpowers
Plot Summary: Shido Itsuka, who used to be a normal high school student at Raizen High, meets the first Spirit, Tohka, and awakens his power to “seal the Spirit’s power”. Though they may be feared and hated beings due to their immense power, Spirits were always alone and knew only combat and death. Shido, the only one in the world with the power to seal the Spirits’ might, hurls himself into life-threatening dates with the beautiful Spirits in order to save them.
Number of Episodes: 10
Vintage: 2014-04-11

ANN Info Page

Note: There’s an Extended version of Date A Live II (about 2-3 minutes added per episode) That was only included in the JP release of S2. Funimation released the uncensored TV Masters for S2, so that extra footage was NOT included in the Funimation Release of S2.

Date A Live III

Key Visual that contains a huge spoiler, since Origami’s arc will be the 2nd half

Themes: fanservice, harem, mecha, superpowers
Plot Summary: Life has settled down into a calm state for Shido – or at least as calm as he can be when he’s juggling the romantic interests of a half-dozen sealed Spirits and one aggressive classmate. Another spatial quake warning sends him out to a ruined amusement park to meet the newest Spirit, the green-haired Natsume, who dresses like a witch and uses magical powers to render AST attackers comically ineffective. Although things go well at first, he inadvertently offends her, and her retribution comes by pretending to be him and trying to ruin his reputation at school. When that effort ultimately gets thwarted by Origami and Tohka, she resorts to a much more involved plan that could result in one of the people around him disappearing.
Number of Episodes: 12
Vintage: 2019-01-11

ANN Info Page

Preview

Date A Live IV

Vintage: 2022-04-08

ANN Info Page

S4 Teaser:

S4 Full Preview:

Date A Live V

Vintage: 2024-04-10

ANN Info Page

Date A Live: Mayuri Judgement (Movie) - Vintage: 2015-08-22
Date A Bullet (movies) - Vintage: 2020-08-14

1 Like

‘Date A Live’ Light Novels Have Anime in the Works

posted on 2011-11-14 22:15 EST
Kōshi Tachibana’s “new generation” of boy-meets-girl-who-wiped-out-much-of-humanity story

Nobunaga Shimazaki, Marina Inoue Lead Date A Live Cast

posted on 2012-09-18 03:30 EDT
AIC PLUS+ animates Kōshi Tachibana’s sci-fi romantic comedy light novels for 2013

‘Date A Live’ Sci-Fi Romantic Comedy Anime’s Promo Streamed

posted on 2012-09-22 23:45 EDT
Kōshi Tachibana’s novels inspire anime from AIC PLUS+, Jormungand helmer Motonaga

Date A Live Anime Streamed in March Before It Airs

posted on 2013-01-17 23:49 EST

I’ve been looking forward to this one ever since they posted that first promo with the really addictively awesome BGM when they first annopunced it was getting an anime adaption.
I’m so hoping Sentai picks this one up, or at the very least, CR gets to stream it if someone else does.

Date A Live’s Kotori Itsuka Character Promo Aired

posted on 2013-02-27 15:30 EST
Protagonist’s sister voiced by Ayana Taketatsu featured in latest video

Date A Live Novel to Bundle Unaired Anime Episode

posted on 2013-03-01 19:30 EST
Episode 13 on Blu-ray with Koushi Tachibana’s 9th novel volume this December

Date A Live Anime’s Origami Tobiichi Promo Streamed

posted on 2013-03-06 15:25 EST
Anime of Kōshi Tachibana’s light novel to premiere this month online

Hmm, looks like a lot of fun.
It mixes a lot of stuff in it huh? I mean I thought I saw a mechagirl.

Date A Live Promo Video Introduces Spirit Girl Yoshino

posted on 2013-03-13 19:50 EDT
Yoshino voiced by Iori Nomizu in sci-fi romantic comedy anime debuting this month

Date A Live Anime’s Kurumi Tokisaki Promo Streamed

posted on 2013-03-22 04:34 EDT
Anime of Kōshi Tachibana’s light novel premiered online earlier this month

Oh my!
If they use the BG music they use in all these promos for the actual soundtrack for this series, the OST for this is going to be so damn AWESOME!

Romantic Comedy Anime ‘Date A Live’ Previewed in Ad

posted on 2013-03-28 12:00 EDT
Boy must date spirits to save the world in Spring anime

Date A Live TV Ads Advertise Spin-off Manga

posted on 2013-04-01 22:50 EDT
“New generation boy meets girl” anime to air in Japan on April 5

ANN Anime Spotlight: Date A Live

by Justin Sevakis, Apr 4th 2013

Funimation to Stream Date A Live Romantic Comedy Anime

posted on 2013-04-09 15:37 EDT
Series about boy who must date spirit to save the world to premiere on site on Friday

Ep. 01

So I just finished up the first ep. and I’m rather disappointed thus far.
The OST I was hoping for was pretty much non-existant.

The show in itself and concept is rather silly, but that’s never really stopped me before.
Not really sure if I’ll continue with this one.

Ep. 03

I so loved this episode!

And OMG!

SPOILER

Tohka was so insanely adorable this episode!

Her inquisitive ribbon, the looks in her eyes and her pure complete naiveté just pushed it over the edge for me.

So moe that I just melted and wanted to protect her from EVERYTHING!

Ep. 04

I’m actually rather enjoying this one as a whole.
The concept is silly beyond belief, but that actually creates some rather homorous situations.

Ep. 07

This has actually been a super fun series thus far.

spoiler

The new Spirit (Kurumi) is one hell of a psychopath.

Ep. 9

spoiler

Super Huge revelation about Kotori right at the end. Do not Miss it

Ep. 08

Fun episode, though the lack of super cute Yoshino made me sad.

spoiler

3 dates at the same time!

You know, Kurumi is one twisted Spirit, but those guys really had it coming.

Ep. 11

This series is just over all rather fun.

spoiler

Shido now has to get his sister to fall in love with him.

A daunghting task indeed, considering she knows the ins-and-outs of the whole choice selection thing going on behind the scenes in Shido’s ear.

Date A Live Anime Gets 2nd Season

posted on 2013-06-21 13:02 EDT
Announced at the end of the current TV anime

Ep. 12

And that finishes it up!
I enjoyed this series way more than I should, I’m glad it’s getting a second season.