Diamond Daydreams / Kita e - Diamond Dust Drops

Diamond Daydreams / Kita e - Diamond Dust Drops

Diamond Daydreams info on ANN

Genres: drama, romance, slice of life
Age rating: Older Children (May contain mild bad language, bloodless violence)
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2004-01-20 to 2004-04-05

Plot Summary: If a couple sees the diamond dust together, then they will certainly find eternal happiness. Or so it is said. This is a drama about the romances, friendships and conflicts of six girls from Hokkaido and how the diamond dust affects them and eventually links them together in the search for happiness.

Since I’m currently re-watching this, I might as well make the thread on it.
This is one that from the description I read of it, actually didn’t sound like something I would enjoy watching at all. It sounded way too much like a cheesy romance novel, and I’ve never had any interest in those. However, after watching it on TAN, it actually turned out much better than I first expected it would be. It’s got enough deviation from the usual cheesy romance stuff, and enough humor to keep my attention quite well.

One of the things I loved about this series is, though the general concept is kind of a depressing sappy one, the overall attitude of it is a rather positive one. Each of the six stories, though sad in nature, carry with them the positive outlook that tomorrow will be a better day, and each end on that positive note.

1 Like