Diamond Daydreams

Diamond Daydreams info on ANN

[quote]Genres: drama, romance, slice of life
Age rating: Older Children (May contain mild bad language, bloodless violence)
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2004-01-20 to 2004-04-05

Plot Summary: If a couple sees the diamond dust together, then they will certainly find eternal happiness. Or so it is said. This is a drama about the romances, friendships and conflicts of six girls from Hokkaido and how the diamond dust affects them and eventually links them together in the search for happiness.[/quote]

Since I’m currently re-watching this, I might as well make the thread on it.
This is one that from the description I read of it, actually didn’t sound like something I would enjoy watching at all. It sounded way too much like a cheesy romance novel, and I’ve never had any interest in those. However, after watching it on TAN, it actually turned out much better than I first expected it would be. It’s got enough deviation from the usual cheesy romance stuff, and enough humor to keep my attention quite well.

One of the things I loved about this series is, though the general concept is kind of a depressing sappy one, the overall attitude of it is a rather positive one. Each of the six stories, though sad in nature, carry with them the positive outlook that tomorrow will be a better day, and each end on that positive note.